R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 06-19-2007, 07:12 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default New Outdoor Track in Northern Ohio

Bumps-N-Jumps have just finished their outdoor track!!!!!!!!

Track dimensions are 190x120, with a 120ft straight away.......Track is equipped with an AMB lap counting system. For more Info and when track will ready for action, please visit www.bumps-n-jumps.com or watch for new info on this post.......Directions, location and phone number can be found on the website.

Thanks, Hope to see ya soon.
Attached Thumbnails
New Outdoor Track in Northern Ohio-dcp_0970.jpg   New Outdoor Track in Northern Ohio-dcp_0964.jpg   New Outdoor Track in Northern Ohio-dcp_0961.jpg   New Outdoor Track in Northern Ohio-dcp_0946.jpg   New Outdoor Track in Northern Ohio-dcp_0945.jpg  

ray9i9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 07:28 PM   #2
Tech Rookie

Here's a few more pics....
Attached Thumbnails
New Outdoor Track in Northern Ohio-dcp_0934.jpg   New Outdoor Track in Northern Ohio-dcp_0935.jpg   New Outdoor Track in Northern Ohio-dcp_0933.jpg   New Outdoor Track in Northern Ohio-dcp_0936.jpg   New Outdoor Track in Northern Ohio-dcp_0939.jpg  

Old 06-19-2007, 08:17 PM   #3
Tech Rookie

Posted up some vid's and a few new pic's of us testing the track after it rained today.... Check them out on www.bumps-n-jumps.com .... New tab for video's on the web page.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:52 AM   #4
Tech Rookie

We will be open for business Friday the 22nd for a "test n tune" track preview. Track will be open from 6pm until dark this Friday only. We will not be open again to the public until Sunday July 1st, our first race day. So if you would like to try out the track before race day, come on out this Friday.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:56 AM   #5
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to nhodd

what sort of clay is it?will it blue groove?how was it prepared.
nhodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 02:40 PM   #6
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhodd View Post
Yes, it will blue groove. This is raw northern ohio clay, it was "HELL" to try and get down flat..... No sand was added. We have a large amount of clay on the property from construction company's doing work in area that need a place to dump dirt, so we have alot.

Also dont forget that our first race for the outdoor season is this Sunday July 1st. Things people may need to bring are a table, tent (if you need shade) and a extension cord.... Hope to see alot of people come to check us out for a fun afternoon of racing................
Old 06-30-2007, 02:46 PM   #7
Tech Rookie

Quote:
I guess I didnt answer all your ?'s. Clay way laid down on top of a slag surface which is elavated about 6 inch's. Then it was aloud to sit it the sun for about 2 days, then tilded up and grated to from a level surface. Then it was plate compacted and rolled with a roller then soaked with water for a few days, then re-rolled..... Then more water and so-on.....
Old 07-01-2007, 12:08 AM   #8
Tech Master

Default track

sorry what do you mean by a clag surface.i am doing some research on building a grippy track in australia.Do you add any bonding agent to it later at all.Thanks so far for all the info
Old 07-03-2007, 07:43 AM   #9
Tech Rookie

Quote:
sorry what do you mean by a clag surface.i am doing some research on building a grippy track in australia.Do you add any bonding agent to it later at all.Thanks so far for all the info
"slag" is whats under the clay base. The site that our track sits on is part of the old steel mills that are in town. The slag really does not make any difference if it was there or not, but people all ways ask me what it is, because around the track is a red dusty dirt. The slag is a by product of iron ore......

Also new pics on the website and our race results for last sunday.

www.bumps-n-jumps.com
Old 07-03-2007, 07:47 AM   #10
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray9i9 View Post
"slag" is whats under the clay base. The site that our track sits on is part of the old steel mills that are in town. The slag really does not make any difference if it was there or not, but people all ways ask me what it is, because around the track is a red dusty dirt. The slag is a by product of iron ore......

Also new pics on the website and our race results for last sunday.

www.bumps-n-jumps.com

Forgot to mention that we do not use any sort of bonding agent.... But I did hear that putting food fry oil in a spayer and laying that down when finished helps hold things together....... Never tried it yet......
Old 07-06-2007, 08:21 AM   #11
Tech Rookie

July 15th looks like a big race day...... We are open for practice Fridays at 6pm until dark and Sundays for racing, gates open at 11:00am racing starts at 1pm......
Old 07-06-2007, 11:01 PM   #12
Tech Master

thanks for the info