R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 06-11-2007, 04:23 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default R/C Excitement.com Fitchburg, Mass 3 Tracks & Hobby shop

Hey everyone just lettn People that aren't familiar with R/C Excitement in Fitchburg, Massachusettes..... The Facility Has a Indoor off-road...classes include- 4wd , 2wd Buggy, 2wd Stadium truck (Modified, gas, stock, 19t, sportsman)

Outdoor- 8th scale Buggies, Truggies, Monster truck, 2wd gas, electric, 4wd mod Buggy...etc basicly 3 or more and we'll run them.....

Indoor Carpet (ozite)- (stock, 19t, Mod) Sedan and 12th scale... we also run 19t 10th scale Pan sedan..

Outdoor Crawling Track in Progress -Crawling Trail and Monster Jam Style Track w/cruch cars and jumps... yes just like u would see on the speed Channel..... Thanks and any Questions, Comments, Pics Visit or Website at............... http://www.rececitement.com Thanks,

Kevin (RCEXCITEMENT)
MackTuned44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:08 PM   #2
Tech Adept

Hey Kev,

How about www.rcexcitement.com
M2_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 05:40 PM   #3
Tech Adept

BUMP this one to the top, Fantastic place. Cant go wrong, best in Mass.
RCRacer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:57 PM   #4
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

And also the home for the electric and nitro off road regionals!
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 06:49 PM   #5
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the heads up guys new to racing. So I will definetly check this out. Been doing RC for a long time but just bashing around.

Can anyone tell me other tracks that do indoor or outdoor 1/10 electric touring in MASS or NH?

Thanks!!!
0100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:30 PM   #6
Tech Rookie

I used to have a Tamiya Frog and a friend and I would just find a place around town and race. What type of buggy do most people use at the track. I am getting close to starting back up again.
kdwebsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:17 AM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Gotta bump this for the indoor seasons ramping up.

There is a new layout on the carpet for the Howler on the 27th of this month, and the new dirt layout will be going down next Tuesday. RCE is adding more clay to the mixture and tilling it into the current dirt. We are hoping that this raises the grip level even more.

Popular classes in the indoor track are: mod truck, mod 4wd, stock 2wd, and sportsman. Other classes will be run with 4 or more entries.

Carpet has not stopped running, even through the summer. So classes are going strong. Sedan stock, 12th stock, and Speed Spec sedan (rules: 4 cell, silver can pan chassis). We are looking to get 19 turn sedan up and running with a lot of interest in this class.

Also, starting on Friday nights, on the carpet will be mini/carpet racing, as just announced on RCE's forum.

Quote:
Friday Nights starting November 2nd we will be starting back up the Indoor Mini Carpet racing with a twist. As with last year we will be racing the 1/18th scale cars Mini T's, ASC 18t's, Mini Lst's, as well as the ASC 18R's. The twist, is this year we will also be adding to the racing with 1/10th Touring and 1/12th Scale along with the other available classes from Tuesday nights. There are a ton of mini's out there are these guys are itching to race em.

This is a sort of Old School, all ages, run what you brung kind of night. I don't mean we're going to have Sedans running over Mini-T's or Mini Lst's using 1/12th Scales as jumps. More of a fun, pressure free atmosphere, with racing thrown in. We'll separate the classes for sure, but will allow for beginners and youngsters to get in the mix, running what they have. 1/18th Scale will be with 1/18th Scale and 1/10th Scale will be with 1/10th scale, but if you want to run a Tamiya Mini against a Speed Spec or you have a Mini-T and want to race against the On Road 1/18th Scales be my guest.

I'm not saying this is going to be a free for all with people just jumping classes on a whim, there are rules, but they may be loosely followed to allow everybody a chance to race what they have. With that in mind this is racing on the carpet and will require carpet friendly tires. Foam tires are preferred, but we will allow "On Road" rubber tires or slicks.
It sounds like fun!
ROAR #105242

Last edited by timmay70; 10-16-2007 at 09:30 AM.
timmay70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:18 PM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I thought I'd bump this up to the top a little.

The outdoor dirt track is getting a major overhaul. In spite of that there were 60 entries in 95 deg. weather for this past weekend's race.

Tuesday night carpet racing is at it's strongest and getting better each week. Right now we are in the midst of a 15 week points series. Week 5 is tonight. There are 5 throw-outs, so it's not too late to get in on the action. $2 per person per night for the points series fee added to the standard race fee. Proceeds go to the awards banquet. Winners get chassis donated by Speed Merchant. Classes in the points series; 13.5 foam sedan, Speed Spec 10th pan w/silver cans & 4 cells, and 17.5 12th scale.

Thursday indoor dirt is going strong as ever. Always someone to race with.

With Slotty-k at the mic, races go smooth and are always entertaining to listen to.

Race fees are $12, practice fees are $7/day. Fridays are free practice all summer. Bring your personal transponder to get lap times while you practice. All scoring is done via RC Scoring Pro.
ROAR #105242
timmay70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 06:02 AM   #9
Tech Rookie

Default Rookies

Kev-
is it cool for beginners to use yor track?

Thx
sprtwrks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 07:53 PM   #10
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yo! Best thing about this place is the people. You can't go wrong here for practice, racing, wrenching, advice for all skill levels. Indoor or out, nitro or electric, carpet or dirt.

All skill levels and interests are always welcomed.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:50 PM   #11
Tech Adept

Default Event

Get ready for the 4th annual Gobbler Off-Road Champs
November 23, 2008 (Sunday)

* Modified Truck
* Modified 4WD Buggy
* Modified 2WD Buggy
* LIMITED Truck
* LIMITED Buggy
* SLASH

CHECK IT OUT
http://rcexcitement.handruin.com/index.php?topic=5784.0
Airtronics M11x
bmxRRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 07:47 PM   #12
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Sick racing and a great place for r/c. Thanks for doing it.

anywayz though whats up with the trophys saying 11/18/2007 when the race was on 11/23/2008 ?
Old 11-25-2008, 09:39 AM   #13
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for comming up RB Five Glad you had a good time! we look foarward to getting back to LIR for there next race.

Team Associated/Reedy/Jconcepts/Viper/Futaba/OS engines/Odonnell Speed Blend/Lucky 7 RC/RC Excitement
wild17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:36 PM   #14
Tech Initiate

Send a message via ICQ to spamager

great track! great people.. two visits during work travel so far in 2014 ..
hard clay.. couple more weeks and they are switching to new layout!
Scalextric Digital Slot Track for when we can't get out!
RCHR.biz is my home Track - Waterbury CT - Mid October 2014 Entry to RC Offroad!
spamager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 07:37 PM   #15
Tech Adept

What classes and restrictions for each class. I am new to the area and I have been out of the hobby for about 6 years now. Finally I live next to a great place so I want to get back into it, but I don't want to buy the wrong equipment.

I am going to run 1/10th buggy 2wd, 4wd, stadium truck and short course. And some carpet. So any info on motor restrictions and tire sauce/compound. Anything else I might be for getting. I'll write it all down so I don't have to ask again.

Thanks guys...

Schuyler from NH