Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM >

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Old 03-08-2011, 07:44 PM
Tech Adept

Jimmy, it is set we are planning a road trip for the 26th of March to McC's. Brad usually leaves around 6:30. I figured maybe 7:00. He said he gets back around 6:00 in the evening. So far my Dad and Josh are in.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HimotoRicer
Jimmy, it is set we are planning a road trip for the 26th of March to McC's. Brad usually leaves around 6:30. I figured maybe 7:00. He said he gets back around 6:00 in the evening. So far my Dad and Josh are in.
Hey there. My dad and I may be in as well. I believe he was mentioning above. Not 100% on it though but we're going to try as well. What classes do you plan on running?
Old 03-09-2011, 05:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is brad going also? I am in for SC and I believe they dont run nitro indoors so, I think thats all I will be running.Sounds good thou!!!!! Keep me updated on whats going on and if you want to meet up the day of.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:47 AM
Tech Initiate

whats up everyone for those that know me, hope you all been doing good, looking forward to getting my new buggy out this season.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default whatup Altoonins

Whatsup guys!!
spring is coming!
Is Rob W. Still around or have u taken over runnin the joint Jim?
any of you guys goin to the big race at bumps this weekend?
cant wait to get offroad outdoor racing goin for 2011!

I-Zuk
Old 03-09-2011, 06:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by T. Herwig
Hey there. My dad and I may be in as well. I believe he was mentioning above. Not 100% on it though but we're going to try as well. What classes do you plan on running?
I will defiantly be running the Losi SCT and hopefully one of my E buggy's. I think we should all decide to meet somewhere and head up together if possible. We are defiantly going on the 26th.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by revoluv
Is brad going also? I am in for SC and I believe they dont run nitro indoors so, I think thats all I will be running.Sounds good thou!!!!! Keep me updated on whats going on and if you want to meet up the day of.
I think it would be a good idea for us to all meat up that are in Altoona area and head up. I forget witch way McC's is. lol
Old 03-09-2011, 06:27 PM
Tech Adept

Default For Sale $$$

MBX-6 Nitro buggy body New I just painted it. Sat it on the buggy to show what it looks like. $50.00

Metallic Black, Indy Silver & Bright Green Marbled.

First one to PM will get it.
Attached Thumbnails ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM-metallic-black-silver-green-marble-001.jpg   ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM-metallic-black-silver-green-marble-002.jpg   ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM-metallic-black-silver-green-marble-003.jpg  
Old 03-10-2011, 05:00 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Nighthawk
Whatsup guys!!
spring is coming!
Is Rob W. Still around or have u taken over runnin the joint Jim?
any of you guys goin to the big race at bumps this weekend?
cant wait to get offroad outdoor racing goin for 2011!

I-Zuk

Hey Izukk!!! Robs been working delivering furniture for Ashley Furniture.Talk to him the other night and we are just waiting for the thaw.I am really looking forward to the new track layout we are working on.Im just trying to keep everyone posted on what the plan is!!! I hope you make it up here more this year.!!!
Old 03-10-2011, 05:02 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by maddmaxx
whats up everyone for those that know me, hope you all been doing good, looking forward to getting my new buggy out this season.

Hey whats up Matt? You still have the CEN or you got something different for this year?
Old 03-10-2011, 05:05 AM
Tech Addict

MBX-6 Nitro buggy body New I just painted it. Sat it on the buggy to show what it looks like. $50.00

Metallic Black, Indy Silver & Bright Green Marbled.

First one to PM will get it.

Buggy looks really nice gabe,good job!!!! Im up for meeting before we go to MCCs.I have directions all ready printed out from the last time I was there.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:09 PM
Tech Adept

Default Whats up for this season!!

Hey fellow Altoonians, I am ready to break out some RC whoop ass soon. Is anyone ready to have some practice sessions? I have two new racers to bring to the track this year. Whats the plans on the new layout?
Old 03-13-2011, 07:59 AM
Tech Regular

Hey guys, Ty & I made trip to McCullough's yesterday.
Nice track & really nice racers, Doug & his father really welcoming & helpful.
If there you got to talk to Duxbury (runs escale) heck of a nice guy, Ty & him really hit it off (he was the reason Tyler wanted escale, saw him at PRP practice & able to clear triple out of turn, nitro's needed a lot bigger run )

Make sure ya have the gps kicking, back in boonies abit, but not to bad to get to. Also it seemed everyone was shaving their tires down, so you don't want alot of tread, I was running the Blitz, stock tire & it was all clooged up with track, so it was kinda slickery at times. Love the handling of my Blitz, think it will make me a better driver, just got some work on my hand/eye coordination from time to time.

Had a chance for trophy (ie dust collector), but in main practice lap, dang pinion breaks loose, so scambling to tighten back up, race gets started & already 1 lap down. couldn't make it up, so check EVERYTHING before main.

Maybe we'll see ya's at the 26th race, not sure of work schedule that Sat.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:04 AM
Tech Addict

Well,I am sad to say that as of yesterday the Altoona Raceway is no longer FOR THE TIME BEIN!!!! I went for a ride by the track yesterday with my wife to check on the surface status when I was approached by a boared member of Ceaser Pattesti (the ones that own the property were we race),and they said I was tresspasing!!!!!!!! Amagine the shock I felt.Well this gentleman began to explain that the rent has not been paid since October 1,2010,and when I went up to the timing booth there was a shut-off notice taped to the door from Penelec sayin that as of this Monday the electricity will be shut-off do to deliquent payment.From what I was told by the manager (Dick Dafalco) at the Ceaser is that this problem is in the hands of their Lawyers and they might just turn that whole area into a parking lot.They told me that there was no attempt to pay this dept and that the track owner could not be reached by phone or a constable looking for him.As you can tell I am not mentioning any names because I am still in shock and in denial and refuse to believe this.HOWEVER,the constable that is in search of retrabusion for the Ceaser and Penelec, I guess,from what I was told and by a letter I read myself,that Revine (the t-shirt company that did Altoonas t-shirts) are owed money to for the Altoona Raceway t-shirts that were handed out (sold for $).They are claiming that they have not been payed for the shirts.I personally called Revine and do to it being Sunday,I left message but will not here back until tomorrow.I want EVERYONE to know that I was told that everything was A O.K,and I was going to start track construction as soon as I can.However I had NO IDEA this was going on.I talked to Dick at Ceaser and asked if I could take over and he said "It is in the lawyers hands as of now",and the board of directors will have to meet and decide what they are gonna do.I want everyone to know how TRULY sorry I am that this was going on and if I am givin the chance to run the track I WILL have the help I need and the means to run a successful track.I will be giving it another name however so this forum will be shut down.I look forward to talking to all members and seeing you guys at other tracks for I LOVE this hobby (have for 3 years before I came to Altoona and will long after). I can only hope that this person will do the right thing but from my understanding it is to late.I will keep you all posted by PMs and of course you can PM me with questions you have.I thank GOD for the friends I have met in this short time.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:07 AM
Tech Addict

I did however call the track owner last night and told him the deal of what was going on and that I wanted him to call and figure this out and PLEASE,PLEASE call me back (lastnight) and let me know whats up.I did not recieve any call and I talked to Dick at Ceaser and no one has called him.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.