Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM >

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Old 09-23-2010, 04:15 PM
Tech Adept

Default Jelly Donut

Jimm boy!!! The Jell Doughnut is here. All I have to do is slap in the new ESC and go. Well I just opened it, I have to solder ends on it. I need to buy a 3s lipo now. I am still waiting for the conversion parts. Two parts were on back order. The body and the spare diff gear.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default ill take one

Originally Posted by HimotoRicer
Got a banging deal for us!!! The combo includes the 1/8A-ZTW120A ESC, 8T/Motor 2400kv, USB adaptor, softwear and program card. You can also use in a 1/10 if you dare to. $125.00 + shipping. The specs for the 120 amp esc is above. It will handle up to a 6s Lipo. Any takers???

P.S. this ESC is compatible with, NOVAK, LRP, ORION and ZTW.

sounds like a killer deal, ill take one to try in my old truggy.
pm me with details
Old 09-24-2010, 06:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Racin' at Altoona this week?

Just curious if you guys were runnin' this week or is Lost Creek both days?
Old 09-24-2010, 08:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jimj
Just curious if you guys were runnin' this week or is Lost Creek both days?

Lostcreek is running on Sat and we will be running on Sunday.....Hope to see ya there!!!!
Old 09-24-2010, 08:31 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Nighthawk
sounds like a killer deal, ill take one to try in my old truggy.
pm me with details

Hey izuk,I am going to try one of these speeders in my modtruck.....you cant beat the price!I just got a Platinum Slash 4x4 by the way......I freekin love it!!!It was a toss up between the D8T or this so I got the slash.I will however be getting a truggy sooner or later.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:39 AM
Tech Addict

Jimm boy!!! The Jell Doughnut is here. All I have to do is slap in the new ESC and go. Well I just opened it, I have to solder ends on it. I need to buy a 3s lipo now. I am still waiting for the conversion parts. Two parts were on back order. The body and the spare diff gear.

Glad to see you got it in one piece!Have it ready for Sunday.........are the back order parts going to be a while?The more 4x4 shortcourse trucks the marrier!!!!!!!.Get that donut filled and toss some powdered sugar on it and get-r-dun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-24-2010, 05:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by revoluv
Glad to see you got it in one piece!Have it ready for Sunday.........are the back order parts going to be a while?The more 4x4 shortcourse trucks the marrier!!!!!!!.Get that donut filled and toss some powdered sugar on it and get-r-dun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I ordered connectors for the ESC from tower hobbies. They will be here Monday. I have a huge problem finding connectors around Altoona. The ESC is 10 gauge and the motor wires are 8 gauge from the old ESC. I got some soldering to do. If you have a set of barrel connectors for 10 gauge wire I could have it running.
Old 09-25-2010, 04:43 PM
Tech Addict

Gabe,bring that 4 cell tomorrow if u can?I will be at the track at 8am.See ya when u get there!!!
Old 09-25-2010, 04:46 PM
Tech Addict

I ordered connectors for the ESC from tower hobbies. They will be here Monday. I have a huge problem finding connectors around Altoona. The ESC is 10 gauge and the motor wires are 8 gauge from the old ESC. I got some soldering to do. If you have a set of barrel connectors for 10 gauge wire I could have it running.

I do have a set of barrel connectors that came on my turnigy 2 cell.One side is longer than the other.I will bring them tomorrow and hopefully u can use them!
Old 09-25-2010, 05:56 PM
Tech Adept

Gabe,bring that 4 cell tomorrow if u can?I will be at the track at 8am.See ya when u get there!!!
I wil bring the battery tomorrow. I had to run to the inlaws for show n tell with Jaclyns family. I just got home and I still need to solder the ESC to the motor. I checked and that 120 set up is for both 8 and 10th scale.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:23 AM
Tech Addict

I wil bring the battery tomorrow. I had to run to the inlaws for show n tell with Jaclyns family. I just got home and I still need to solder the ESC to the motor. I checked and that 120 set up is for both 8 and 10th scale.

I like how u call it "show n tell" .I bet that baby gets tired of being passed around!!!!If u need help soldering bring your stuff to the track today.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:25 AM
Tech Addict

What a awesome day for racing Sunday.The weather was perfect and turnout wasnt to bad! Gabe,your buggy looked pretty good and driving skills are definately are improving.The 4x4 slash race was intense,with josh stuck sweapin up the rear .Rob,the knew buggy looked great.I look at TQ in a different way!
Old 09-27-2010, 04:17 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks also to Jim for making it to the race.I hope the truggy is running a little better?
Old 09-27-2010, 06:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Great Group!!

Thanks also to Jim for making it to the race.I hope the truggy is running a little better?
Thanks to all you guys for putin' up with all the issues I had yesterday. It's really nice to be around a group that gets along so well and are eager to help out any way they can. It was a long day! But a very enjoyable one. Hopefully I will have things ironed out a little better before next time. And Jim, I think it will perform much better after your adjustments and thanks again. Rob, I think the new buggy will be awesome once you get it dialed in. Super Deal!!
Thanks again,
JimJ
Old 09-28-2010, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

You guys still doing practice Thursdays? If my junk comes in time, Im looking to hit it up

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.