Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gixxerman
Yeah maybe an exibition race with just those 2.

It's allready been determined that Electrics will NOT run with the nitro's, unless it's in the Sportsman class.
Thats why I made that post. Ed is ADAMANT about keeping them out. Believe it or not, we disagree... imagine that
Old 01-31-2010, 07:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Its not my decision, but I'm all for keeping E-Scale and Nitro separate. If I ended up getting an E-Scale I would rather run in it sportsmans or even pack it in than race it against the nitros.

They are too different to attempt to combine 1/8 Electric and 1/8 Nitro into one class. It would ruin it for everybody.

Although, I would probably pay and volunteer marshall to see CR & McGhee race it out!
Old 01-31-2010, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ed237
They are too different to attempt to combine 1/8 Electric and 1/8 Nitro into one class. It would ruin it for everybody.
Its just about fun, thats all. If there is a couple of good dudes with electric, let em have some fun with us
Old 01-31-2010, 07:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
If there is a couple of good dudes with electric, let em have some fun with us
just buy a nitro scale in the first place
Old 01-31-2010, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lovell
just buy a nitro scale in the first place
Well, exactly But to each his own.............................
Old 01-31-2010, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

Thats why I made that post. Ed is ADAMANT about keeping them out. Believe it or not, we disagree... imagine that
Sorry Stobey, but I too am ADAMANT on keeping them seperate. They are much faster out of the hole and a whole lot faster on top-end. I am also highly interested in them though and like Ed, when or if I get one I would not expect to run with the nitro counterpart. I had a very interesting conversation with Doug McCullough yesterday on this topic. They tried last year to run them together and he said it was total chaos. The nitro cars were getting run over by the electrics and it was also said that it's to hard to run a race let alone having to police the timed pitting of the electrics.

Would you have a problem with me coming to race TC at Richfield with a 8.5 motor?
Old 01-31-2010, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

To further prove my point:

Radar data form Xtreme RC December & January

Hot Bodies VE8

0-60 ft: 1.79 sec. @ 40.1 mph
Top Speed: 54.02mph @157ft

RC8B/Reedy 121 VR

0-60 ft: 2.05sec. @ 32.04mph
Top Speed: 38.43mph @179ft

So roughly 16 mph faster in less distance than the Nitro and 8 mph and a half a second faster in 60ft??????????????

Those are some pretty HUGE differences there! And keep in mind the HB is a stock electronics equiped vehicle! Now put a driver behind the wheel of the HB who is "trigger happy"! Sorry but I'd rather take my scale off the track in one piece!

Again sorry but not even worthwile close.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:47 PM
Tech Master

Default sweet

Originally Posted by jmackani
I have the Jammin on order also.
Sweet!!!!
maybe a soon siting at Richfield??? hehehehe

Tyler and I ran ours today at bumps, took awhile to get the hang of it, but wow, how fun!

And Brad,, i have 3 diff's in my slash, a 10 turn that has more then enough , and handles very well.

sounds like those trucks were not aganst a PE edition 4x4.

Cant wait to get mine out on the dirt outside this spring! gonna be SSIICCCKKK

realy nice to drive something that can keep pace with the nitro 8th buggys just fine, and be so worry free.......

*looking at his truggy*... hmmmm,,,,,

NAAAAAAHHHH BURN NITRO!
but, about the whole nitro-brushless buggy thing,
only thing i can say, is i hope you guys have enough nitro's to run a class..
sounds like there alot of people that want to run brushless instead.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Brad- This all just light hearted- I am nitro. There was not ONE track out of all of them i went to last year that separated them. Now bare in mind 35 entries in buggy at B stormers and it had enough electrics to make their own class. It sucked! Like the policing fuel stops n stuff like that. It was a trophy race and blah blah....

Altoona is far from that. Instead of saying 'electric class' lets just say JD and Mike for now. So come may, we are all out having fun racing and we look over and there is Mike dominating sportsman?

PS-I am never going electric and have no interest in them what so ever.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Tom, I dont know what places you have been to recently, but I've been to my fair share of tracks in the last 18 months and I havent seen anybody run electric 1/8 scale with nitro. So acting like its common place to combine them everywhere else but Altoona isnt being exactly fair.

That being said, I am sure Rob will be flexible on days when turnout is really low and he has to group some classes together to create a reasonable race day.

But other than that, It makes lilttle or no sense to start messing with the 1/8 Nitro Buggy rules at this time.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:51 PM
Tech Addict

ok...i guess i will just order up my tekin 1400kv combo, 6s lipo and r/c monster con. kit

ed, osr, and myself...that makes three

Stober...now when i come to your home track and run my electric and lap you...i don't want to hear anything!
Old 02-01-2010, 04:12 AM
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default NO MIXING

Originally Posted by lovell
ok...i guess i will just order up my tekin 1400kv combo, 6s lipo and r/c monster con. kit

ed, osr, and myself...that makes three

Stober...now when i come to your home track and run my electric and lap you...i don't want to hear anything!
I'm against mixing classes! I said I will run the most popular class. If that means swapping out the electrics for an engine that's what I'll do. I want to compete with the fast guys wherever I go. I've been racing on and off for 20 years. My goal with the whole electric 1/8 scale is to put my best foot forward so to speak,show up to practice,put in some fast laps and maybe sway some people towards the class. If that doesn't happen I'll buy an engine and beat Lovell in NITRO class! and Stober too
Old 02-01-2010, 04:15 AM
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default Why so positive?

Brad- This all just light hearted- I am nitro. There was not ONE track out of all of them i went to last year that separated them. Now bare in mind 35 entries in buggy at B stormers and it had enough electrics to make their own class. It sucked! Like the policing fuel stops n stuff like that. It was a trophy race and blah blah....

Altoona is far from that. Instead of saying 'electric class' lets just say JD and Mike for now. So come may, we are all out having fun racing and we look over and there is Mike dominating sportsman?

PS-I am never going electric and have no interest in them what so ever.
Why are you so positive that you'll NEVER go electric?
Old 02-01-2010, 05:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine
Sam

I have a FT T4 and a FT b44 that u are more then welcome to use for motorama as I will be only running SCT. They are both sitting there ready to go...I could give them a quick once over for you or we could meet somewhere and you could set them up they way u like them...give me a call and we can discuss it 814 381 6734
Thanks for the offer but im just going to run SCT too. I've been thinking about it and would like to have plenty of time to check everything else out. I'm also going to take my 8th scale too and rebuild it between rounds. Haven't touched it since the last time I raced in September. I also need to find a list of the updated mbx-6 parts. My car still has all of the old, original run parts on it from 08(?)...I know some of those parts were updated early last year.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:26 AM
Tech Regular

I wouldn't mind running electric with nitro unless it's a cash race. They ARE faster which would make us work harder at making the nitro's faster to keep up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.