Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 05:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This is the first time I have heard of the Logo Design Contest. I was not able to make it last weekend. Do you have any more info about it?
Old 08-06-2009, 06:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jlharing99
This is the first time I have heard of the Logo Design Contest. I was not able to make it last weekend. Do you have any more info about it?
Rob has the entry forms for the contest, basically draw up a Altoona Raceway logo with something rc! The logos will be placed on the thread and put on display at the track for voting. Winner gets a prize!!!
Old 08-06-2009, 07:02 PM
Tech Addict

Talking the track

Got a good bit of work done at the track today. Hoping the drain ditches that I dug work. That was a great practice rob. The buggy seems to be running good.Can't wait until sat...richland baby.....
Old 08-06-2009, 07:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Logo design

Logo design for Altoona Raceway.

You guys will vote on the entries, winner to receive a T-shirt with the winning entry on it and a gallon of fuel or for you Slash guys, a motor for your Slash. Contest will run for a 10 days. You dont have to be the one that designs it, can be your child, wife, significant other or friend. Must include
" Altoona Raceway " and a buggy and Slash in the design. Entries will be posted on the forum without name of submitter. All you guys will vote on the winner. Voting will take place at the track. And winner will be announced here on the forum and at track. You can pm me and get my email address to send your entry to or can give it to me at the track.

Yes Jim, the practice was cool. I will eventually learn to drive this thing. Buggy is running awesome. Jumps and lands well, great acceleration. I am not race ready but Richfield will get a good laugh either way. LOL
Old 08-06-2009, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default ? for you rob

Originally Posted by robwike
Logo design for Altoona Raceway.

You guys will vote on the entries, winner to receive a T-shirt with the winning entry on it and a gallon of fuel or for you Slash guys, a motor for your Slash. Contest will run for a 10 days. You dont have to be the one that designs it, can be your child, wife, significant other or friend. Must include
" Altoona Raceway " and a buggy and Slash in the design. Entries will be posted on the forum without name of submitter. All you guys will vote on the winner. Voting will take place at the track. And winner will be announced here on the forum and at track. You can pm me and get my email address to send your entry to or can give it to me at the track.

Yes Jim, the practice was cool. I will eventually learn to drive this thing. Buggy is running awesome. Jumps and lands well, great acceleration. I am not race ready but Richfield will get a good laugh either way. LOL
hey Rob, have a ? for you speaking of fuel.

are you, or will you be stocking fuel as the old owners did? byrons?
thanx

Isaac
Old 08-07-2009, 05:44 AM
Tech Addict

Red face fuel

Good question about the fuel. My name is Jim and I am robs friend and also I am coordinating some of the events and I help in keeping up on the track to make sure we have a nice,clean place to enjoy racing. As far as the fuel goes we want to here from you. What kind of fuel do you perfer and what percent of nitro. We want everyone that races at the track to tell us what they like and when its all said and done Rob and I will look at what fuel will dominate and go with that. We will atleast have it in stock for anyone who is a member at the track or attends races often.We really appreciate all the members that attend and look forward to signing on some new faces. Thanks for you participation and we look forward to hearing from you.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:48 AM
Tech Addict

Default fuel

I use mostly Dynamite Blue Thunder 20% nitro, so I will (within the next month) have it on hand for whoever uses it or needs it.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by revoluv
Good question about the fuel. My name is Jim and I am robs friend and also I am coordinating some of the events and I help in keeping up on the track to make sure we have a nice,clean place to enjoy racing. As far as the fuel goes we want to here from you. What kind of fuel do you perfer and what percent of nitro. We want everyone that races at the track to tell us what they like and when its all said and done Rob and I will look at what fuel will dominate and go with that. We will atleast have it in stock for anyone who is a member at the track or attends races often.We really appreciate all the members that attend and look forward to signing on some new faces. Thanks for you participation and we look forward to hearing from you.
I use MaxAmps 6500mah 4c lipo hard case.....
Old 08-07-2009, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by revoluv
Byrons 30% Race Blend or Losi 30% Nitrotane! Mostly all of us with 1/8th scales are using 30% Byrons
Old 08-07-2009, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Default yeah

Originally Posted by gixxerman
Byrons 30% Race Blend or Losi 30% Nitrotane! Mostly all of us with 1/8th scales are using 30% Byrons

yeah, like Brad said, most guys run Byrons, including myself

Alot of guys also run S&W i have yet to try it.

both 30%, i think there may still be some guys running 20%, but not sure.

Isaac
Old 08-07-2009, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Default hahahahahahahaha

Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine
I use MaxAmps 6500mah 4c lipo hard case.....

is'nt that metric for 50% byrons???? lol
Old 08-09-2009, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Bat Masterson?

Long time members of the Altoona Raceway will remember the legendary Bat Masterson. The man who coined the phrase "MMMMMMMM Carpet"

He's been MIA for the last 2 years and while I never caught him on the track, I was able to catch up with him to see what he's been doing.

He's got a new job, a new house, and is recently married. I know - its hard to belive, but apparently its true. And even better, he now has 'deep pockets' and is looking for a way to spend some of his free time and money.

I asked him if he would get back into off-raod we would get a 4wd Mod Buggy class going. Bat said he would have to think about it and that he really likes the new Kyosho.

Just another reason to get the 4wd Mod class going again.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ed237
Long time members of the Altoona Raceway will remember the legendary Bat Masterson. The man who coined the phrase "MMMMMMMM Carpet"

He's been MIA for the last 2 years and while I never caught him on the track, I was able to catch up with him to see what he's been doing.

He's got a new job, a new house, and is recently married. I know - its hard to belive, but apparently its true. And even better, he now has 'deep pockets' and is looking for a way to spend some of his free time and money.

I asked him if he would get back into off-raod we would get a 4wd Mod Buggy class going. Bat said he would have to think about it and that he really likes the new Kyosho.

Just another reason to get the 4wd Mod class going again.
Long live Bat Masterson!!!
Old 08-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gixxerman
Long live Bat Masterson!!!
Wasn't that some old TV show or movie? Hopefully I will make it out the week after next. I've been too busy lately.
Old 08-09-2009, 05:05 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Ed and Brad caint wait to hit up altoona and meet the new owner always had a blast racing there.

Ed nothing like 4wd maybe we can get this and truck back to altoona.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.