Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Hypothetically speaking, if you were to accidently leave out the 4 main screws on the bottom of the chassis that attach the diff housing to the chassis on an 1/8 buggy, how many laps do you think you could turn hitting the big triple every time?

The answer is 4

In unrelated news, I could see myself getting a Slash someday.......
Old 04-19-2009, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default slashes,

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
Hypothetically speaking, if you were to accidently leave out the 4 main screws on the bottom of the chassis that attach the diff housing to the chassis on an 1/8 buggy, how many laps do you think you could turn hitting the big triple every time?

The answer is 4

the surprisingly slow good time! lol
Old 04-20-2009, 05:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The answer is 4

Now Stober, no reason to make up excuses as why I spanked you in the first race. Just take it like a gentleman....

Old 04-20-2009, 05:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

say tom....how did you get so fast......?
Old 04-20-2009, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by morris
say tom....how did you get so fast......?
Why everyone knows this- I have all the latest, freshest, most expensive gear
Old 04-20-2009, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

And we will be having yet another CURRENTLY fast 1/8 driver going for the the top spot at Altoona....... His name-Matt Morris! Sick driving yesterday!

Issac-Thanks for all the help yesterday! No drama walking to the stand and pit stops so fast I could blink and miss it!
Old 04-20-2009, 11:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

And we will be having yet another CURRENTLY fast 1/8 driver going for the the top spot at Altoona....... His name-Matt Morris! Sick driving yesterday!

Issac-Thanks for all the help yesterday! No drama walking to the stand and pit stops so fast I could blink and miss it!
thx tom...
i will make it to altoona the next race the have...maybe since they are not racing this weekend i can make it there for some practice.
im going to need it.....---haha
Old 04-20-2009, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Just posted on TRS's site:

RACING THIS SUNDAY 4/26 @ 1:00
SORRY FOR ANY CONFUSION.

Everyone try and and come out!!!! We need another good turnout!!!!

Hopefully I can get the lead again without the damn tires coming unglued!!!!
Old 04-20-2009, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Brent-Can I borrow your Slash again to Slash it up?
Old 04-20-2009, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default .

it was my pleasure to help out someone wih such skill! had a great time man!

So Altoona is on huh, man, now i dont know where to go, im not on call this coming weekend, and want to race somewhere,, hmm,,, where's everyone else going? hmm,, (dont anwser im talking to my self lol)

Isaac
Old 04-21-2009, 02:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ed237
I just checked the website to get caught up on what I missed.

For those who dont check it frequently as I do, the guys are taking a weekend off and the next race wont be until Sunday May 3rd.

Platinum Basher - Welcome to the hobby! The best thing you can do if you are curious about racing is go to the track and ask questions. Most everyone is very helpfull, especially at our track.

I'm sure you would like race your Revo or R18T against similar cars, but unfortunately, hardly anyone races those kinds of vehicles anymore. You would probably end up racing in sportsmans or 'run what you brung' class which isnt a bad way to get started .

If you decide you want to race regularly, there are 2 extremely popular classes going right now: Nitro 1/8 Buggy and electric Short Course Truck (what used to be called Slash).

There are other classes you might be interested in and the best way to learn about them is to get to the track, watch the racing, check out the vehicles in the pits, and ask questions.
Ed when did we change to Short Course Truck? Seem to me we are spec Slash just like everywhere else. The RC Pro races are spec slash. I dont see anywhere that has gone to a open Short Course class yet. Bumps and Jumps,McCulloughs.Altoona...ect. Where are you getting all the info on the new Short Course class localy?When and if it comes, all the talk is to start a MOD class for any short course truck.When peep's ask about the SC10 to be in the same SPEC class these points are brought up. Will need to run xl-5 esc,titan 12T,TRAXXAS 2075 servo,traxxas slash tires.The day the spec class opens up it will be the start of the end for spec class. Then it will be a Mod fest and will dye hard just like Mod truck. I know when the class opens up to a non.spec class Ill sell my Slash's and run my T4. Looks like the spec Slash class has boosted a bunch of life into club racing,why kill the class that has helped,add to it with a mod or Pro class of any open short course class. Leave spec slash alone!!!!!!
Old 04-21-2009, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PADIRTLMJUNKIE
Looks like the spec Slash class has boosted a bunch of life into club racing,why kill the class that has helped,add to it with a mod or Pro class of any open short course class. Leave spec slash alone!!!!!!
Definitely. This just reminds me of TT-01, TT-01 big great class! so I got one and had a ton of fun. Then next season no tt-01, so no more me....

Short course & Slash spec would keep the interest going. But wait and see how the sc 10 handles......
Old 04-21-2009, 07:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

sc10 vs slash, as far as i see it, the sc10 is almost identical to the slash in some ways but in some ways it would need to be "equalized" to runs with the slashes i think if your gonna run the sc10 w/the slashes then they should have to run the same tires, motor, and springs as the slash. I dont think the ESC would make too much of a difference, BUT if it would prove that it does then maybe you should have to run the slash esc too. Bottom line is, i dont mind running with other trucks as long as they are bound by rules that would keep them the same speed as the slash.....i would rather keep it all slash but i also know there are some sc10's out there that wanna play too.....on a side note, the sc10 dont look as beefy as the slash,so i am sure if we hit it a few times w/the slash something will break

tom, im not sure i am gonna make it on sunday but if i do and becca is not running her truck, then its all yours

gixx......dont forget my pliers!!!!
Old 04-21-2009, 08:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking Fleet Expansion!

Looking to add a few vehicles to my fleet. 1/8th scale Buggy looks like too much fun not to try and just running the Slash next Winter would be no fun at all. So if anyone has a 1/8th Buggy or Touring Car they are looking at getting rid of let me know. Just looking for something to get started in those classes.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Is this Joe? I'm gonna sell my tc5 I think and the max amps battery I was running in it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.