Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KARO
Glueing tires to the wheels prevents the tires and foams from flying off during a race.
Nice Sam! Somebody has to give Doug some competition. I just found out I dont have to leave until the 19th, so lets light em up this Sunday for sure!
Old 08-13-2008, 03:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by KARO
1/2 gallon a day...no wonder you go thru motors so fast!

I am now the proud owner of brand new bottle of CA glue...you use it to glue tires to wheels. Glueing tires to the wheels prevents the tires and foams from flying off during a race.
Also (thanks to me) to forehead, and fingers and army pants! GOOOOOOOOOOD do I hate glueing tires!

I am the proud new owner of a RB WS7 and it actually runs long enough to finish a qualifier or main. Thank you Dougie!

Roeder GOOD LUCK out there-----tear it up!

Stoeber let me know about the fuel!

Also, don't forget about the carpet meeting after this Sunday's race!!!!!
Old 08-13-2008, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pipester
If you guys still race on dirt ........... I thought yinz might want to know , There is a ride on double drum roller for sale sitting along sixth ave in town . 6&28th to be exact on the let hand side . not sure on the details , just thought i'd let yinz know .
You ought to stop over and see if we still race on dirt since yinz live within walking distance of the track!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Old 08-13-2008, 07:30 PM

Default Sunday 8/24 Electric Race Registration

Hey guys,

We don't have anyone "officially" registered for the 8/24 ELECTRIC RACE yet. We wanted to have an idea if we'd have enough to make the event go - otherwise we will just hold our normal Sunday event including nitro.

If you plan on attending, please take a second and shoot an email to:
[email protected]

Anything anyone can do to help spread the word about the race would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Everyone!
Old 08-15-2008, 04:41 AM
Tech Regular

I cannot make it to the electric race now. But I should be there this weekend with my son...he can run my 1/10 4wd buggy in electric. I tried it last weekend and it handles pretty well but is slow as heck. I'll get there early so he can get alot of practice in and buld up a spot on the stand high enough that he can see over the rail.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Yesterday was one of the better weekends for turnout and racing we've had in a while.

Stober has taken it upon himself to single handedly make me regret not getting a Jammin buggy this year on a weekly basis!

Sam - Brayden has some serious skills for 4 going on 5 year old. I think if you ask him if he would rather race or have a birthday party next Sunday, he would probably choose to race!
Old 08-18-2008, 11:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Chuck and Doug had an open meeting yesterday after the race. That was a great chance for anyone to express what and when they would like to race this winter.

This is right from the website:

Notes from the 08.17.08 Meeting:
Race Day - We're going to start the season with weekly races being held Saturdays 4:00 - 8:00

Classes (These are the classes that will be regular, other classes may form with 2 or 3 entries)

Truck / Buggy - Basic run what ya brung class, Any offroad truck, buggy or monster truck. Race course with jumps and obstacles

Touring Car - Sport & Pro classes, rubber tires, 13.5 brushless motors, Lipo or Nimh

Nascar - Sport & Pro classes, 17.5 brushless motors, Lipo or Nimh

Tamiya TT01 Oval - Spec class racing, Late model bodies

Tamiya TT01 Road Racing - Spec class, road course

Track Membership / Entry Fees
Track rent has increased dramatically. An increase in membership fees and entry fees will be necessary. Nothing is official yet.... but memberships will likely be around $100 and entry fees will be in the $15 / $20 territory with a $5 / $10 second class
Old 08-18-2008, 12:01 PM
Tech Regular

Ed - Big thanks for letting him run...I mean, beat! Your buggy/truck thingy. He's still a little young for racing, maybe next year. I took him because I had to or I couldn't come. Now he's going to throw a fit any time I go without him. That was funny when he stopped during the race to watch the other cars do the big jump and said 'Did you see that car, it jumped really far! Yes, Brady...now go!'
Most of his trouble was with the 180 turns (wanted to take everything on power) and getting his little hands around the controller.

I can't catch a break, ran out of fuel twice and blew out another front tire. I'm going to have to start roughing up the tire bead and wheel before glueing Losi tires.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

i had a good time yesterday dispite my battery issues...the main was intense no doubt...i think the first couple of minutes everybody but jeff was in the 1st place spot...lol

chuck and doug were like racing to see who got the girl...man they put a good show on...ed and i was prolly the next race happening..back and forth...but my sloppy driving i get when im trying to be fast came into play...plus ed is always smooth as glass....congrats winners...

i plan on being back next week for some more action..
Old 08-18-2008, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Reznor88, what are some good NiN songs??? Seriously.....
Old 08-18-2008, 06:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ed237
Nascar - Sport & Pro classes, 17.5 brushless motors, Lipo or Nimh[/B]

So there will be 2 Nascar classes? One will be 17.5 4 cell NiMH and one will be 17.5 Lipo? Thanks. Bob
Old 08-18-2008, 07:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

knoxevillerocco visiting the forum........
Old 08-18-2008, 07:43 PM
Tech Adept

bob, after sunday I was under the impression that oval was going to be 17.5 brushless and lipo. someone correct me if i'm wrong.

my 13.5 orion motor and orion lipo bat are on the way. I have not ordered a new body for the losi jxs type r inferno!!!!
Old 08-18-2008, 07:44 PM
Tech Adept

Roeder, I missed that earlier post, belated good luck, Hopefully it went well for you!!!
Old 08-19-2008, 04:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default NIN Songs

Originally Posted by d4man
Reznor88, what are some good NiN songs??? Seriously.....
I would start with, say..............

ALL OF THEM!

From 1989 - Present every album is unique and should be experienced.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.