Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM >

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Old 01-21-2008, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KARO
Wasn't the original KITT a Pontiac Firebird or Trans Am?
Yep. And on Sunday night on the Retro TV Network at 8 PM , Knight Rider is on, followed by the A Team.

Hi Ed. I'm not mad or anything. When ya guys coming up again? When ya do, pray for cold weather. When it's cold, Doug is forced to heat the track which equals MAAAAD traction.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Motocross style starts with a gate???? YIKES!!! I would just lay back and methodically pick'em down 1 by 1....
Old 01-21-2008, 02:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ed237
It was, but they don't make Firebirds or Trans Ams any more. The new KIT is a sweet looking black Mustang GT.

Sam, Does Bumps have one of those 'walls' you drive up and down? I've always wanted to drive on a track like that.
They could have atleast stuck with a GM...like a new Camaro. Those look sweeter than the new Mustangs too.

No vert wall there now...there used to be one.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Buk buk buk buk buk b'caaaahhh - I think the new Mustang is way better than any old Fire-chicken!

D4Man - With the weather being so unpredictable its hard to tell. I dont think I could make it back McCulloughs trip again until the end of February or sometime in March. And definately not until Mod Truck picks up again.

Til then, I'm going to continue to 'tough it out' every Friday night in a 68 degree heated warehouse with a carpet track and cement floors.

Dave, if you ever feel like trying it, I can hook you up with a decent touring car roller and tires. You just need to supply the electronics, a 27t stocker, and batteries.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

HEY! DO NOT BAD MOUTH KITT!! I thought KITT was the coolest thing in the 80's...

Friday evenings don't work for me. I wish I lived closer.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:05 PM
Tech Adept

I just sampled the cesare's wings, they were excellent!

Don't forget to go in there and renew your memberships guys, only a few weeks for the reduced rate.

Any new folks interested in joining, let me know and I'll take care of it, in fact all new people should join - talk to me about it.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thewholeyearinn

Don't forget to go in there and renew your memberships guys, only a few weeks for the reduced rate.

Any new folks interested in joining, let me know and I'll take care of it, in fact all new people should join - talk to me about it.
Doug , is it still 10 or did it go up like the f-in gas prices ??
Old 01-21-2008, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

Buk buk buk buk buk b'caaaahhh - I think the new Mustang is way better than any old Fire-chicken!

D4Man - With the weather being so unpredictable its hard to tell. I dont think I could make it back McCulloughs trip again until the end of February or sometime in March. And definately not until Mod Truck picks up again.

Til then, I'm going to continue to 'tough it out' every Friday night in a 68 degree heated warehouse with a carpet track and cement floors.

Dave, if you ever feel like trying it, I can hook you up with a decent touring car roller and tires. You just need to supply the electronics, a 27t stocker, and batteries.
Hey Dr. Spock, I know that all your crazy Trekky and D and D days have left you delusional but please don't ever compare a Ford to a Chevy. Even in it's hay day the 1980 FIREBIRD was and still is alot cooler than any Rustang!!! KITTS new frame will be detrimental to his classic escapes because all it will do is break down every 2-300 miles. APPLES TO ORANGES HERE Mr. NEMOY.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:32 AM
Tech Elite

F.ound
O.n
R.oad
D.ead
Old 01-22-2008, 11:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by thewholeyearinn

Do they still have a plethora of flavors swimming in an ocean of sauce?

iCeNuTz
Old 01-22-2008, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

Ceasar Batiste Hot Wings: They do a body good.

Gixxer; At least Ford still makes a Mustang. Even Doge makes a Charger. What RWD muscle car does Chevy make? I don't consider the $60,000 rich-boy-toy Corvette a muscle car.

Morris: PM

Last edited by Ed237; 01-22-2008 at 01:38 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

And how many billions has Ford lost this month? Which Ford will win Daytona?
Old 01-22-2008, 01:28 PM
Tech Master

Yes, Ford has hit some hard times recently, but its not like GM and Chrysler aren't hemmorraging either.

When it comes to racing Chevy has barely done anything worth mentioning outside of NASCAR.

Ford and/or cars powered by Ford motors have won races and championships in NASCAR, F1, Rally, Australian Super Cars, Champ Car, Funny Car (John Force) and several overall wins at LeMans.

Check back with me whenever a Chevy powered F1 car ever wins a race!
Old 01-22-2008, 03:23 PM
Tech Addict

Yes, Ford has hit some hard times recently, but its not like GM and Chrysler aren't hemmorraging either.

When it comes to racing Chevy has barely done anything worth mentioning outside of NASCAR.

Ford and/or cars powered by Ford motors have won races and championships in NASCAR, F1, Rally, Australian Super Cars, Champ Car, Funny Car (John Force) and several overall wins at LeMans.

Check back with me whenever a Chevy powered F1 car ever wins a race!

Chevy has at least one race win in, LeMans with the corvette, several wins in top fuel, funny car and pro-stock. (Joe Amoto, Del Worsham, and I cant think of the dudes name in pro stock but he won the title in the car sponsered by the rock group KISS) I am not up to date on super cars, or champ cars. I do know they dont have any wins in F1 but they do have the most overall wins in the Score (sp???) "off road" series that used to be called mickey thompson. I don't know of any series that Ford has the most overall wins??? Maybe Ed could prove me wrong on this one though!
Old 01-22-2008, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Nice try Madman. Yes the Corvette has several wins in the lesser LeMans GT1 sub-class (their factory supported team against mostly privateers) but no overal victories like Ford has.

Ford cars and motors have WON LeMans, F1 Championships, NASCAR championships, 10+ Funny Car titles. Its not even close!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.