Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Brian, Don't worry. I think the only way we could do it is if we all agreed to run brushed and brushless all together. Either way, I'm really enjoying Oval and I'm in for the season - brushless or not.

You are correct about gearing down (smaller pinion and/or larger spur) if your motors hot, but which pinion and spur ratio depends on your tire diameter or rollout. I think Icenutz had a forumula for pan car gearing a couple pages back.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

ed,
heck i might even have to try to get an oval car.....depends on how much everything would cost me...

how come losi dont make an oval car?..............lol
Old 10-23-2007, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by PADIRTLMJUNKIE
Hey guys whats up? Looking like you all are having a blast on Fridays! A couple more weeks till I get free on Fridays with High School football. Hope play-offs are still going to be on Saturdays as Im getting itchy to run oval! Cant wait to observe the Madman and Gixxer show. lol! Looking to get some practice in the next mid weeks. Got a question: When Steve helped me set up the car I ran a few times and the motor was way hot using 48p 81t spur and 18t pinion. I think ya are to go up in spur or down in pinion correct? to cool it down? I want to order 17,18,19,20, pinion and 81,84,87, spur correct for a good start out base.? I know only a few are on 48p so anyone with some help thank you! You all have fun and Ill see ya in a couple weeks. Cant wait! ..................... Thank you Brian Daugherty

p.s. please dont change stock oval to brushless for now, Im struggling to get out there with what I have!lol!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian, right now I'm running a 17 tooth pinion on a 48 pitch 81 tooth spur! Motor is just about perfect temp! Not to confuse, but tire diameter plays into the equation! My tires are very low, when I throw new tires on the pinion will probably jump to a 22 aprox. Greg's roll out chart is for 64 pitch, but I'm almost certain that Gerald Markle has a rollout chart for 48 pitch. I also plan on getting the same spur gears you mentioned. The internet is poluted with with rollout charts, just google it!

NICE RC CONTENT POST #2
Old 10-23-2007, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine
Gixx - I talked to my guys and they are going to talk to your guys and instruct them on how NOT to set up a pan car for altoona
That's great my good friend Brent! I really hope you get your car back to the way it was prior to "experimenting" as it is a joy to race with you!
Don't get yourself down my good friend as I'm sure you learned from your mistakes. Try throwing some neg-pos camber in the front and also + or- wedge in the rear. I noticed better performance when I messed with mine!

Could some please post my other good friend, Bob Stritmatters phone number? I need to ask him some tuning questions!

(7 more post's and this crap is over with)

NICE RC CONTENT POST #3
Old 10-23-2007, 02:13 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

What time can you get into the track on Fridays to practice before the race? Looking to maybe run sometime but its 130 miles for me and would like to get in to run as soon as it is open to do so.

Not sure when I can run but would be fun sometime in the near future.

Thanks
Brian
Old 10-23-2007, 03:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
What time can you get into the track on Fridays to practice before the race? Looking to maybe run sometime but its 130 miles for me and would like to get in to run as soon as it is open to do so.

Thanks
Brian
brian,
chuck and doug are really resonable people...im sure if you wanted to be there at a certian time they can arrange that for you.i usually get there around 5:30 ish and have enouph time to get a pack in.
but if you need to be there earlier than that than is people there.
im alwasy running late...you know me......

it would be a pleasure of having someone there of youre racing knowledge upon us.....

hope to see you soon.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gixxerman
That's great my good friend Brent! I really hope you get your car back to the way it was prior to "experimenting" as it is a joy to race with you!
Don't get yourself down my good friend as I'm sure you learned from your mistakes. Try throwing some neg-pos camber in the front and also + or- wedge in the rear. I noticed better performance when I messed with mine!

Could some please post my other good friend, Bob Stritmatters phone number? I need to ask him some tuning questions!

(7 more post's and this crap is over with)

NICE RC CONTENT POST #3
does two posts in a row count tword your 10 post quota?
Old 10-23-2007, 04:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Bearing oil?

What oil do you use. I see trinity purple can be used for motors and axel bearings. I never messed will cleaning/ oiling axel bearings for out door just put in new when spent. Gixx told be to maintain them for better life and save money! . Was wondering if there is a motor bearing oil that is good for both. Thin or thick? My thinking is low resistance=lighter oil? Do you use higher resistance for motor and lighter for axel bearings? Does it matter to use the light for both? Sorry Im a cluless rookie at large!!!!! Thanx Brian
Old 10-23-2007, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jallshouse
does two posts in a row count tword your 10 post quota?

Why, yes it does Mr. Allshouse sir. As long as it contains both polite thoughts and or words, and rc it shall count towards my 10 post limit. And you see because I was both polite and mentioned rc..................................

RC CONTENT POLITE POST #4
Old 10-23-2007, 05:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by PADIRTLMJUNKIE
What oil do you use. I see trinity purple can be used for motors and axel bearings. I never messed will cleaning/ oiling axel bearings for out door just put in new when spent. Gixx told be to maintain them for better life and save money! . Was wondering if there is a motor bearing oil that is good for both. Thin or thick? My thinking is low resistance=lighter oil? Do you use higher resistance for motor and lighter for axel bearings? Does it matter to use the light for both? Sorry Im a cluless rookie at large!!!!! Thanx Brian

Brian, sir, you are difinatley overthinking things here. I'm not sure exactly what I have but any oil pen will work. I usually take motor cleaner and try to spray it behind the shield of the bearing on both sides, then with an air compressor blow the bearing out thoroughly. At this point the oil should be cleaned out of the bearing. Take the oil pen and put a few drops on each side of the bearing. Work the bearing around a few times and your done!

NICE RC CONTENT POST #5
Old 10-23-2007, 05:11 PM
Tech Adept

Brad you are sure knowledgeble for someone who finished last in the A main race. Are you sure that is not a CA glue pen?

Blontz insult post #65,784

iCeNuTz
Old 10-23-2007, 05:14 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morris
brian,
chuck and doug are really resonable people...im sure if you wanted to be there at a certian time they can arrange that for you.i usually get there around 5:30 ish and have enouph time to get a pack in.
but if you need to be there earlier than that than is people there.
im alwasy running late...you know me......

it would be a pleasure of having someone there of youre racing knowledge upon us.....

hope to see you soon.
Well I will let you know when I'm coming up sometime. I was thinking of possibly this Friday but I don't have my stuff ready and with selling of are house my hobby room is all packed with junk and I can hardly move. Plus I would love to be in a little earlier to practice since packs roughly 45 minutes to charge and I don't precharge since they don't run as well if I did that.

Is the traction that low that you run CS 22's? Have you tried RP 30's? What traction compound can you use or don't they have a rule on that.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wyd

Thanks
Brian
Call ahead to TRS to make sure 814-207-0997, but I think Chuck has been getting there around 4pm or so.

It's brand new carpet, and were all using Paragon. I don't think there are any rules on what compound we use!
Old 10-23-2007, 05:15 PM
Tech Adept

wyd, 5pm is usually a guarantee but someone may be there earlier. What do you run?

iCeNuTz
Old 10-23-2007, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by iCeNuTz
Brad you are sure knowledgeble for someone who finished last in the A main race. Are you sure that is not a CA glue pen?

Blontz insult post #65,784

iCeNuTz

Everyone has their opinions and, Greg, I respect yours! If it was a CA pen I would have bearings glued to my fingers! It was unfortunate that I finished last in the A-main, but what's important is that we all had some good holsum fun!

BTW Greg, you have a PM friend!

NICE RC CONTENT POST #6

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.