Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 08:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Truck seems to be the more popular of the two classes. I can charge a battery for you each round. I have 2 chargers. Even if there are only 4 or 5 trucks, it is still worth the trip to run on the new track.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Thursday nights

Is Thursday night a race or paid open practice?

C.R. Lovell
Old 06-06-2007, 04:48 AM
Tech Regular

CR - It's kinda both...I'm sure the racing wouldn't last very long and it doesn't get dark until 8:30 or so. I would go but still haven't touched my car. Maybe tonight I will get a little work done on it. I also have to make sure my throttle servo is ok because it was acting a little wacky during the main last Sunday. It was probably due to the wet but my DSM's failsafe didn't work and still had steering.

http://www.altoonaraceway.com/Thursd...ingLeague.html
Old 06-06-2007, 05:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

CR - I believe they will race if enough entries show up, but Thursdays have mostly been a practice night.

Chris, Mod Truck is not looking good: McGhee and Myself are out this weekend and Jim just removed all of his electronics from his T4 after a nasty crash.

Altoona Raceway Forza 2 Racing Club - Get your D-Class cars ready for racing tonight at 9:30! I will host the race and send out all the invites.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Racing

Ed/Chuck,

Great racing last night - definately hard to do with the Big Block cars out there.

I wish that we did not have to turn on Ghosting to keep from people taking others out in the turns, but it seemed to work best in the end.

Are we still trying to get a group together for tonight?

Matt
Old 06-06-2007, 09:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Racing Update

Ed,

When you setup the room - make it for 6 Friends and 2 outsiders. This will cut down on the "Unwanteds" in the room.

We got alot of "bad" drivers.

I am going to workup another car that is "less" fast than my Civic VTi - maybe I will get an Astra.

I did buy a FTO-R, but they quickly move to C with few upgrades - so I guess I will need to find another D-Class car that I like.

Maybe I can try and build another RSX - who knows.

I will be there at 9:30.

Matt
Old 06-06-2007, 10:05 AM
Tech Addict

KARO, thanks for the info on Thursdays.

After McCulloughs race, I did a complete teardown to see if any binding was in the front end and sure enough, the screws that hold the caster block on got tight. Also, the orings that I installed a while back that you gave me must of swelled a little. I rebuilt the shocks after changing the pistons and I couldn't get them to rebound. I did a little sanding and they work great now. I just need some time to get out and run.

I was going to run on Sunday but Saturday morning I needed a new pump and filter for my pool, then my Electrical panel caught fire Saturday night(flames 2 inches from my floor joists) I was 30 seconds from having my house up in flames, then Sunday morning a pipe broke in my bathroom and destroyed my living room ceiling, so I wasn't able to get anything ready.

C.R.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

CR - Sorry to hear about the fire & water damage.

You may want to contact your insurance agent because electrical fires and water damage from a pipe are losses that are covered under your homeowners policy. Each event would be subject to a separate deductible because they are unrelated (unless the fire somehow caused the pipe to burst!)

Feel free to PM me if you need any advise on filing a homeowners claim or want to know what to expect.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:37 AM
Tech Regular

Sorry to hear about the home damage CR!
If you're talking about the two screws on each castor that use those bushings I don't crank mine down. They do bind up so I tighten them then loosen a little until everything is moving free. Mine only prevented rebound maybe the first rebuild and that was a while back. If you clean your shock bodies out the motor spray it will swell that upper seal a little.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:18 PM
Tech Addict

Sam, I don't use motor spray to clean out old oil, I just drain the body and use a paper towel. I agree with you on the screws, I tighten them work the arm and loosen to get free movement. The screw either tightened a little or got a little dirty.

Who is going to be at the track Thursday night?

Ed, thanks for the advise. I already got a new panel installed and working on the living room ceiling. I hate to claim it for I don't want to see my homeowners to increase!

I was taught a lesson many years ago when I wrecked my Mustang. I reported a little fender bender(I used a first accident foregiveness) and a month later I was screwing around and hit a telephone pole, causing $11,200 damage to the car, that I had to pay for. I paid $4,400 a year for three years for car insurance. Lesson learned.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

i will have to wait and see what this weekend brings.im interetsed in racing though....

i got my gas truck up and going....but i cant get the engine in tune...

any gas trucks for the cash race?

matt
Old 06-06-2007, 05:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

charger,,,,,

although i did forget that i have an older duratarx digital charger with power supply....im sure this will work for me for now.im also was to purchase a charger off of sam...
Old 06-06-2007, 06:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Hmmmm.

thinking of going back to 1/8th scale or crt .5 since mod truck is dead. Therefore I am going to need either a buggy or a crt .5 So what kind of deals do we have out there?

I will sale the trucks for the price to get re-started in nitro, so I am looking for a ballpark figure here...unless someone has something they want to trade off

Mad
Old 06-06-2007, 06:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

mad man , jammin roller ??
Old 06-06-2007, 06:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

don't know if this might sway your decision or not but i plan on going crt.5 my self really soon . I think Greg is going to keep his if we could lock the class ! you could be #3 ?!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.