Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM >

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Old 09-28-2007, 01:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lovell
Jim, are you going to race anything this winter?
CR , I'm planing on sitting this winter out ! The purse can't handle the carpet stuff . I might end up running some indoor at mccullough's though from time to time.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

what time are we staring to put the carpet track together tomarrow??
Old 09-28-2007, 03:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Fastestcat-Thanks for the offer, but I'm going on vacation that week!

Karo-The buggy was torn apart and a thought of running one more time was in mind until the thought of cleaning it again went through my mind! I have to say that this is one tough buggy-I took it to work one day and hit a fire hydrant at full speed with no signs of failure.

Pipester-Just pm me or put something on the forum if you are interested in going over to McCullough's.

B44 is on order and the T4 is almost ready to go just need to have my speeder/ lipo show up at the door and put the plastic chassis on the truck. I got my Orion 7.5 today.

C.R.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:50 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by pipester
none !! F that carpet shizznit !! Even though i'm saying F carpet , i think i may come over and be the computer beehutch and help out in the shop .
Sorry if this offended any one like i know it did . This was just my way of saying that carpet is not for me !!

In no way was it a cut at TRS or the track !!
Old 09-28-2007, 04:50 PM
Tech Regular

Brad , pm
Old 09-28-2007, 06:04 PM
Tech Regular

Jim, Ed, Feeling much better now after a week in the hospital with an IV tube in my arm. I was really hurtin on sunday and should have gone then but wanted to try and help Gary as much as I could not realizing what it was.
Old G
Old 09-28-2007, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Dux, you're a trooper. We talked for a bit during the RAC and I had no idea you werent feeling well. I've suffered from the same thing you had and its definately not something to mess around with.

Keep your engine 'cleaned out' with the right fuel and use after run oil? and you'll be good for another 50 years I'm sure.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

ed,
i was looking to coming to the carpet track tomorrow to help out.but they needed somebody for tomorrow for a whole day of work there.i need the lute so i jumped to it.

i still havent got the type-r car all built just yet.i ordered a servo case and im waiting for it to get here.

you still paln on running the tamiya car or you going with a tc5?
i know you want one......lol

is there going to be anyuone running any 1/12 scale?

i will prolly get rid of mine....i dont think i want to do any of that this winter.

well i will talk to ya later,

matt
Old 09-28-2007, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lovell
I have to say that this is one tough buggy-I took it to work one day and hit a fire hydrant at full speed with no signs of failure.
C.R.
How could a driver of your caliber hit a fire hydrant???????????
Old 09-28-2007, 07:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Matt, I'm going to run the TA05 until Chrismas and then we'll see. I expect the TA05 to be a little more competitive than it was last year with the larger more flowing track and rubber tires.

I'm more excited about the 13.5 brushless stock motor and lipo batteries. Tests at the parking lot have confirmed tuned stocker performance with no maintenance running as cool as 'the other side of the pillow'. Plus, I can charge up the lipo battery the night before, and walk in the door at 7 pm Friday and start qualifying even before I unpack my stuff.

I still have my 1/12 scale but no plans to run it. It sure looks cool on the shelf though.

Get that JRXS ready - the first race is Friday October 5th 7:45 pm. Be there!
Old 09-28-2007, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pipester
Sorry if this offended any one like i know it did . This was just my way of saying that carpet is not for me !!

In no way was it a cut at TRS or the track !!

None taken! Shut up and don't worry about it! We all joke on here and have fun. By the way Karo I was extremely offended and deeply sadened by your thoughts of me...............and I thought we were "friends". Hell if everyone took my jokes to heart no one would like me!

4-man, better bring your A game for the pits!
Old 09-28-2007, 08:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ed237
Matt, I'm going to run the TA05 until Chrismas and then we'll see. I expect the TA05 to be a little more competitive than it was last year with the larger more flowing track and rubber tires.

I'm more excited about the 13.5 brushless stock motor and lipo batteries. Tests at the parking lot have confirmed tuned stocker performance with no maintenance running as cool as 'the other side of the pillow'. Plus, I can charge up the lipo battery the night before, and walk in the door at 7 pm Friday and start qualifying even before I unpack my stuff.

I still have my 1/12 scale but no plans to run it. It sure looks cool on the shelf though.

Get that JRXS ready - the first race is Friday October 5th 7:45 pm. Be there!

ed,
i will see what i can do....money is still tight for me nut i know i gotta get there to race...i will have to get there maybe this sunday to pick up my new spektrum rx i had chuck order me.plus i have to take some other things to him.
i have been doing a little investigating on brushless...nice they are...like you i might wait till x-mas and try to score a tekin r1 esc.and im not sure which motor i will get.

untill then i will run the co27 motor...or a monster....im not sure if i have any monsters left though......

but yea i will try to be as ready as i can be....

matt
Old 09-28-2007, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gdux
Jim, Ed, Feeling much better now after a week in the hospital with an IV tube in my arm. I was really hurtin on sunday and should have gone then but wanted to try and help Gary as much as I could not realizing what it was.
Old G
Glad to hear all is well. Stay outta trouble!!!!

Can't wait for carpet, especially all the verbal slanderings between me and Steve Mac! Some of you special people were treated to a small preview of our 07-08 verbal slander season at the track and Zach's last Sunday! And of course I came away victorious once again!
Old 09-28-2007, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

Ed, Jum, PM mans
Old 09-28-2007, 08:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Dave
My depth perception was just a little off, i caught the left rear tire and the car stopped like NOW!!!

Nothing bent, tweaked, or broke!

Have some fun this weekend at Altoona

What do you plan on running this winter?

C.R.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.