Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM >

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Old 03-13-2011, 10:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sportin' Wood
Hey guys, Ty & I made trip to McCullough's yesterday.
Nice track & really nice racers, Doug & his father really welcoming & helpful.
If there you got to talk to Duxbury (runs escale) heck of a nice guy, Ty & him really hit it off (he was the reason Tyler wanted escale, saw him at PRP practice & able to clear triple out of turn, nitro's needed a lot bigger run )

Make sure ya have the gps kicking, back in boonies abit, but not to bad to get to. Also it seemed everyone was shaving their tires down, so you don't want alot of tread, I was running the Blitz, stock tire & it was all clooged up with track, so it was kinda slickery at times. Love the handling of my Blitz, think it will make me a better driver, just got some work on my hand/eye coordination from time to time.

Had a chance for trophy (ie dust collector), but in main practice lap, dang pinion breaks loose, so scambling to tighten back up, race gets started & already 1 lap down. couldn't make it up, so check EVERYTHING before main.

Maybe we'll see ya's at the 26th race, not sure of work schedule that Sat.

Hey bud,I hope you can make mccs on the 26th.I ran on their outdoor track (awesome),but only seen the indoor one,never ran on it!!!!I got my Losi strike for now but I am looking to buy Associated ,od truck and buggy.What clas do they have for short course?Can you run any brand stock (out of the box)?
Old 03-13-2011, 10:26 AM
Tech Addict

Anyone that hasnt read the previous page at the bottom (my post about the track ),PLEASE DO SO AT THIS TIME!!!!Thank You.

Last edited by revoluv; 03-13-2011 at 10:37 AM.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by revoluv
Hey bud,I hope you can make mccs on the 26th.I ran on their outdoor track (awesome),but only seen the indoor one,never ran on it!!!!I got my Losi strike for now but I am looking to buy Associated ,od truck and buggy.What clas do they have for short course?Can you run any brand stock (out of the box)?
They have a sportsman class and a stock short course class. The Associated and the Strike would both be fine in either class.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Well,I am sad to say that as of yesterday the Altoona Raceway is no longer FOR THE TIME BEIN!!!! I went for a ride by the track yesterday with my wife to check on the surface status when I was approached by a boared member of Ceaser Pattesti (the ones that own the property were we race),and they said I was tresspasing!!!!!!!! Amagine the shock I felt.Well this gentleman began to explain that the rent has not been paid since October 1,2010,and when I went up to the timing booth there was a shut-off notice taped to the door from Penelec sayin that as of this Monday the electricity will be shut-off do to deliquent payment.From what I was told by the manager (Dick Dafalco) at the Ceaser is that this problem is in the hands of their Lawyers and they might just turn that whole area into a parking lot.They told me that there was no attempt to pay this dept and that the track owner could not be reached by phone or a constable looking for him.As you can tell I am not mentioning any names because I am still in shock and in denial and refuse to believe this.HOWEVER,the constable that is in search of retrabusion for the Ceaser and Penelec, I guess,from what I was told and by a letter I read myself,that Revine (the t-shirt company that did Altoonas t-shirts) are owed money to for the Altoona Raceway t-shirts that were handed out (sold for $).They are claiming that they have not been payed for the shirts.I personally called Revine and do to it being Sunday,I left message but will not here back until tomorrow.I want EVERYONE to know that I was told that everything was A O.K,and I was going to start track construction as soon as I can.However I had NO IDEA this was going on.I talked to Dick at Ceaser and asked if I could take over and he said "It is in the lawyers hands as of now",and the board of directors will have to meet and decide what they are gonna do.I want everyone to know how TRULY sorry I am that this was going on and if I am givin the chance to run the track I WILL have the help I need and the means to run a successful track.I will be giving it another name however so this forum will be shut down.I look forward to talking to all members and seeing you guys at other tracks for I LOVE this hobby (have for 3 years before I came to Altoona and will long after). I can only hope that this person will do the right thing but from my understanding it is to late.I will keep you all posted by PMs and of course you can PM me with questions you have.I thank GOD for the friends I have met in this short time.

Jim that is some sad news...I feel for you...you have put your heart and soul into that track...

Now it is time to do some traveling and meet even more racers

C.R.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:49 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by lovell
Jim that is some sad news...I feel for you...you have put your heart and soul into that track...

C.R.

I cant wait buddy.I started printing google maps all day!!!!There is so much more out there.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:51 PM
Tech Addict

C.R.

How is the leg doin?Are you able to get up and move around,drive a car or anything?
Old 03-13-2011, 01:07 PM
Tech Addict

I want everyone to know also that all I wanted out of this hole track idea was a LOCAL place to run and that maybe there was a chance to have BIG races there.There was a big group of original racers that have been involved with the Altoona Raceway since day 1.I have watched old videos of when Chuck and Doug owned it and most of the racers back then,until last year,were still involved with the track and even helped with the drivers stand building.I personally want to thank those guys because these are the ones,like me,who love this hobby,eat and sleep and breath this hobby and give anything to help out others.I want to move on from here myself and NO MORE NEGATIVE.If theres any news on the track reopening I will update you.Thanks!!!!
Old 03-13-2011, 01:12 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by T. Herwig
They have a sportsman class and a stock short course class. The Associated and the Strike would both be fine in either class.

Thanks for the info.I was also told that they dont run nitro anymore there,is that true?
Old 03-13-2011, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the info.I was also told that they dont run nitro anymore there,is that true?
Indeed, no nitro as far as I know. They race E-Scale and this was the only 1/8th scale class there yesterday. It's a nice place and very competitive.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

How is the leg doin?Are you able to get up and move around,drive a car or anything?
I go Wednesday to Danville to see when my next surgery will be...Knee reconstruction...

Not able to walk yet...

I'm hoping to put some weight on it in a month or so...
Old 03-13-2011, 02:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by T. Herwig
Indeed, no nitro as far as I know. They race E-Scale and this was the only 1/8th scale class there yesterday. It's a nice place and very competitive.

I see!!! I wanted to know before I drag a buggy and truggy down there.I have met Doug and Phil (owners) before at Mccs along with some regulars and they are good poeple.Hope to race with ya sometime there.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:54 PM
Tech Addict

I go Wednesday to Danville to see when my next surgery will be...Knee reconstruction...

Not able to walk yet...

I'm hoping to put some weight on it in a month or so...

I really hope everything goes good for you and you get back in action soon!!!!!
Old 03-13-2011, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

I see!!! I wanted to know before I drag a buggy and truggy down there.I have met Doug and Phil (owners) before at Mccs along with some regulars and they are good poeple.Hope to race with ya sometime there.
We're considering going again before outdoor season here. Speaking of, isn't far away at all. Hopefully the weather stays decent. I'm itching to run outside again!
Old 03-14-2011, 06:00 PM
Tech Addict

Just checking the weather on "The Weather Channel" and Friday is suppose to be 68 outside!!!!Spring is Definitly coming and wheels will be spininiinin

Last edited by revoluv; 03-15-2011 at 04:36 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:31 PM
Tech Adept

Default Track Open

I found out from a friend that the track will be opened the second week of April.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.