R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 01-28-2011, 06:03 PM   #8986
Tech Rookie

Hi everyone. I'm looking to get my first RC car and possibly get into racing. I've been looking for a local shop in the Altoona area. I found "The Race Station" online but it doesn't exist at the address listed, 201 Cayuga Ave. Can someone tell me if there are any places that stock more than one model of rc cars?

Thanks
tgom222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 06:12 PM   #8987
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to T. Herwig

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgom222 View Post
Hi everyone. I'm looking to get my first RC car and possibly get into racing. I've been looking for a local shop in the Altoona area. I found "The Race Station" online but it doesn't exist at the address listed, 201 Cayuga Ave. Can someone tell me if there are any places that stock more than one model of rc cars?

Thanks
I'm not a local to the Altoona Area, so I can't really help you on that part. However, for a first RC and a great class to get into racing, check out the short course class. (Traxxas Slash, Associated SC10, HPI Blitz, etc.)
Old 01-28-2011, 07:01 PM   #8988
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler350 View Post
I'm not a local to the Altoona Area, so I can't really help you on that part. However, for a first RC and a great class to get into racing, check out the short course class. (Traxxas Slash, Associated SC10, HPI Blitz, etc.)
I'm thinking of getting a good basher first. Something like a Stampede 4x4. Then I'll look at something a little racier.
tgom222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:42 PM   #8989
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to T. Herwig

Quote:
I'm thinking of getting a good basher first. Something like a Stampede 4x4. Then I'll look at something a little racier.
The Traxxas Slash makes an excellent basher. Very durable trucks. Altoona even has a class for them. Check out Youtube videos of the Slash. People beat them like none other and they just keep coming back for more.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:34 AM   #8990
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:

Hey bud,my name is Jim and I help out and race here at the altoona track.The Race Station is a old hobby shop that the old owners of the Altoona Raceway had.A man by the name of Rob Wike bought the track a few years ago and the hobby store no longer excists.Alot of the old info has not been up to date and we apologize for that!!!!However I have found that your best bet is to purchase a r/c car from online hobby retailers.You will find the best deals there.However if your heart is set on buying from a shop in PA then the best place is HIDDEN HANGER in harrisburgh.They have a HUGE selection of R/C parts and kits ranging from starter RTRs and Top Of The Line racing kits.The two gentleman that run and own the shop are Luke Slabonick and Lou Macchioni!!!!They are very nice guys and will help in anyway possible.They sell all kinds of Fuel,Tires,Sticker Kits,Bodys,upgrade Parts ECT.....I could go on and on but you get the idea.Anyway if you want to make the drive you can mention the Altoona Raceway and get a discount!!!!Here is the number for there shop and you can google the address for further directions......The address is 5450 Derry Street Suite 3
Harrisburg Pa, 17111
The phone number is.......717-565-1188
The website is........www.thehiddenhangar.com
Good luck and if you have anymore questions feel free to ask. JIM!!!
Spectrum!!!

Last edited by revoluv; 02-02-2011 at 06:58 AM.
revoluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:01 AM   #8991
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by revoluv View Post
Hey bud,my name is Jim and I help out and race here at the altoona track.The Race Station is a old hobby shop that the old owners of the Altoona Raceway had.A man by the name of Rob Wike bought the track a few years ago and the hobby store no longer excists.Alot of the old info has not been up to date and we apologize for that!!!!However I have found that your best bet is to purchase a r/c car from online hobby retailers.You will find the best deals there.However if your heart is set on buying from a shop in PA then the best place is HIDDEN HANGER in harrisburgh.They have a HUGE selection of R/C parts and kits ranging from starter RTRs and Top Of The Line racing kits.The two gentleman that run and own the shop are Luke Slabonick and Lou Macchioni!!!!They are very nice guys and will help in anyway possible.They sell all kinds of Fuel,Tires,Sticker Kits,Bodys,upgrade Parts ECT.....I could go on and on but you get the idea.Anyway if you want to make the drive you can mention the Altoona Raceway and get a discount!!!!Here is the number for there shop and you can google the address for further directions......The address is 5450 Derry Street Suite 3
Harrisburg Pa, 17111
The phone number is.......717-565-1188
The website is........www.thehiddenhangar.com
Good luck and if you have anymore questions feel free to ask. JIM!!!

I first got the hidden hanger website wrong in the above post,I opologize!!! It has since been fixed.
Spectrum!!!
Old 02-06-2011, 09:29 AM   #8992
Tech Addict

Nice 40 degree weather today,but not nice enough!!!! I was going threw my R/C stuff for the year and relized that my Spectrum hand towel is missing.If anyone has seen a BLACK SPECTRUM (embrioderd with spectrum on it) handtowel,lost at end of last season.I would appreciate a PM if it has been spotted .Thank You!!!
Spectrum!!!
Old 02-06-2011, 05:13 PM   #8993
Tech Initiate

Default Weather

Quote:
Nice 40 degree weather today,but not nice enough!!!! I was going threw my R/C stuff for the year and relized that my Spectrum hand towel is missing.If anyone has seen a BLACK SPECTRUM (embrioderd with spectrum on it) handtowel,lost at end of last season.I would appreciate a PM if it has been spotted .Thank You!!!
Wasn't nice enough outside. Inside at Bumps and Jumps was beautiful. They race nitro buggy indoors on Sundays as well
707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:42 AM   #8994
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default this weekends mahem

Hey guys, dont forget about the big event at Richfield Raceway this weekend! Could be the biggest event of the year.
back to back sct enduros!!
4 hour spec sct enduro-2 hour break - then a 4 hour mod sct enduro! You dont want to miss it! Its gonna be awsome!
Full night of racing friday night as well!
food provided sat with entry fee
LCRC "the best offroad on the eastcoast."
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:30 AM   #8995
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 707 View Post
Wasn't nice enough outside. Inside at Bumps and Jumps was beautiful. They race nitro buggy indoors on Sundays as well
I didnt think anywhere was allowed to run Nitro indoors in PA anymore.Acouple places I heard had to stop because of some regulations!!!!How far is Bumps from Altoona do you know?
Spectrum!!!
Old 02-08-2011, 08:08 AM   #8996
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

2 hours +/-

Bumps has some good nitro racing every week
lovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:39 PM   #8997
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovell View Post
2 hours +/-

Bumps has some good nitro racing every week

Thanks C.R!!!Hows your leg doin? You still posted up on your couch?
Spectrum!!!
Old 02-10-2011, 04:01 PM   #8998
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Thanks C.R!!!Hows your leg doin? You still posted up on your couch?
doin ok...some pain...beginning of march i hope to have reconstruction surgery on my knee then 6 to 8 months of rehab!

no couch for me...power chair and a hospital bed...that's it...
lovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:13 PM   #8999
Tech Adept

Default BOLTS BOLTS BOLTS

Bought every screw for the buggy plus lots of extras all in stainless steel for under $35 that with shipping also. Awesome Awesome site.

http://www.boltdepot.com/Default.aspx
TEAM NUMNUTZ DRIVER #42
Losi Rockstar XXX 2x4 SCT
Himoto Racing 1/8 Vega 8 Buggy built for punishment well hope so!! LOL!!
Himoto Racing 1/8 RXT-1 .28 8 port modded motor (under construction)
Mugen Seiki 1/8 MBX6 (secret electronics, hahahaha)
HimotoRicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:39 PM   #9000
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovell View Post
doin ok...some pain...beginning of march i hope to have reconstruction surgery on my knee then 6 to 8 months of rehab!

no couch for me...power chair and a hospital bed...that's it...

Holyshit,I didnt relize you were that bad!!.My uncle had the surgery done on his knee and they put a plastic cap on it also.I really hope you get better soon bud!!!If you need anything drop me a PM,O.K!!!!
Spectrum!!!