R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 01-16-2011, 07:11 PM   #8956
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey REVO,
How have you been? Lookin' forward to runnin' up to Altoona this spring. I'm tired of WINTER already!! I see on earlier posts that you are planning to lengthen the course. Any details on the changes? Got a new 8ight-T but its still scattered across my shop bench waiting for upgrade parts and re-assembly. I'll probably be bringing my son along this year as he is interested in running the Ten-T. What all do you plan to run this year?
Old 01-16-2011, 07:15 PM   #8957
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to T. Herwig

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Hey REVO,
How have you been? Lookin' forward to runnin' up to Altoona this spring. I'm tired of WINTER already!! I see on earlier posts that you are planning to lengthen the course. Any details on the changes? Got a new 8ight-T but its still scattered across my shop bench waiting for upgrade parts and re-assembly. I'll probably be bringing my son along this year as he is interested in running the Ten-T. What all do you plan to run this year?
Nice! Another truggy for this year.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:51 AM   #8958
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Hey REVO,

Cant wait to race with ya this year Jim!!!!GoodTimes!!Maybe you can get the boy started with the Ten-T and them get him a big truggy when he gets the hang of it.I am just runnin 1/8 scale buggy and truggy!!
Spectrum!!!
revoluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:58 AM   #8959
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler350 View Post
Nice! Another truggy for this year.

Im hoping we will have a nice truggy class this year and.......so far,so good!!!Garry,the short butterball looking guy with the red E-Z UP,he just bought a Jammin X-1 CRT so regardless,we have 4 as a definite (local)!!!!!Im thinking we have a month and a half to go till spring......I Hope.We turn the clocks ahead on March 13 and spring begins (according to the calender) on March.20,so wont be to long!!!!:t ire:
Spectrum!!!
Old 01-18-2011, 09:13 AM   #8960
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default E SCALE ROAD TRIP

Me, Brad and spED Toth are going to McCullough's this weekend. WE will have a car full, but if would be nice if we gaet another car-full to tag along
NOT EVERYONE GETS A CHANCE TO OWN AND RACE RC CARS....IF YOU DO, YOU SHOULD APPRECIATE IT!
OSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:47 AM   #8961
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revoluv View Post
Cant wait to race with ya this year Jim!!!!GoodTimes!!Maybe you can get the boy started with the Ten-T and them get him a big truggy when he gets the hang of it.I am just runnin 1/8 scale buggy and truggy!!
I have seen those Ten-T's race and they can easily hang with the big truggies. They have some speed with a little less suspension travel.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:51 PM   #8962
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackani View Post
I have seen those Ten-T's race and they can easily hang with the big truggies. They have some speed with a little less suspension travel.

Yeah,the Ten-T is pretty tough looking.The only problem Iv seen with them the most is the rear A-arm were the hub carrier attaches is weak and it brakes real easy.The kid Brian from State Collage who bought my CEN stuff broke his a-arms were the pin goes in!!!They came out with a buggy 810.It has the same suspension as the Ten-T.
Spectrum!!!
Old 01-18-2011, 05:53 PM   #8963
Tech Champion

Quote:
Yeah,the Ten-T is pretty tough looking.The only problem Iv seen with them the most is the rear A-arm were the hub carrier attaches is weak and it brakes real easy.The kid Brian from State Collage who bought my CEN stuff broke his a-arms were the pin goes in!!!They came out with a buggy 810.It has the same suspension as the Ten-T.
I have losi 2.0 buggy now for this year too. Hopefully get to run with you when we make it out.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:02 PM   #8964
Tech Addict

Quote:
I have losi 2.0 buggy now for this year too. Hopefully get to run with you when we make it out.

Awesome!!!You still have your truggy?I just bought one so Im hopin to pull some out to the track this year!!The Losi is the race roller I take it?
Spectrum!!!
Old 01-18-2011, 06:07 PM   #8965
Tech Champion

Quote:
Awesome!!!You still have your truggy?I just bought one so Im hopin to pull some out to the track this year!!The Losi is the race roller I take it?
Yep, still have the truggy and the buggy is a race roller. I have the hot bodies ve8 that Cody ran last year if I need that too. Both boys will be running rc8be's this season. I figured the electric route for them would help me keep my sanity and let me stick to nitro. So, what ever class has the best attendance is where I can run.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:16 PM   #8966
Tech Addict

Quote:
Yep, still have the truggy and the buggy is a race roller. I have the hot bodies ve8 that Cody ran last year if I need that too. Both boys will be running rc8be's this season. I figured the electric route for them would help me keep my sanity and let me stick to nitro. So, what ever class has the best attendance is where I can run.

I got rid of my E-scale so Im nitro only this year.I tried it but prefer nitro!!! Cant wait to race with you guys.
Spectrum!!!
Old 01-21-2011, 03:55 PM   #8967
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Where is Rob Wike?
Jim...are you the man at the top of the raceway now?
Are there going to be any changes this year?

just wanted to ask a couple question while i am a little bored...and not able to support my right leg for 6 to 10 more weeks.

C.R.
lovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:06 AM   #8968
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovell View Post
Where is Rob Wike?
Jim...are you the man at the top of the raceway now?
Are there going to be any changes this year?

just wanted to ask a couple question while i am a little bored...and not able to support my right leg for 6 to 10 more weeks.

C.R.

Yeah bud,good to see you are o.k!!!I believe rob is working in Oaklahoma doing some construction.Yes,I am patiently waiting for spring so I can get a truck of dirt over at the track.There is gonna be some changes for sure!!!! We are gonna extend the track the whole length of the property and go with a LONG front stretch that should whine out any motor!!.I hope to see ya more this year and have a better start than last year!!! What exactly happened to your leg? Hope ya get better.
Spectrum!!!
Old 01-22-2011, 10:55 AM   #8969
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Yeah bud,good to see you are o.k!!!I believe rob is working in Oaklahoma doing some construction.Yes,I am patiently waiting for spring so I can get a truck of dirt over at the track.There is gonna be some changes for sure!!!! We are gonna extend the track the whole length of the property and go with a LONG front stretch that should whine out any motor!!.I hope to see ya more this year and have a better start than last year!!! What exactly happened to your leg? Hope ya get better.
thanks for the update...all sound good...

i broke the tib/fib plateu(sp), major acl damage and all other tendons with some damage...another 6 weeks for bone mending then recon. surgery for the acl which could be 4 to 12 months rehab
lovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:00 PM   #8970
Tech Adept

Sounds like plenty of time for racing!!!