R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 08-13-2010, 09:37 AM   #8371
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to BMWMinivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by revoluv View Post
Hi,glad to see a new member come to the forum.My name is Jim and I do track maintenance.The owners name is Rob Wike,he posts on here all the time.The track is for members only and you must have a membership in order to practice any day of the week on the track.We also as members and visiters use the track for practice not for BASHING.Alot goes into building this track and we do most of it by hand.If you would like to become a member you need to talk to Rob Wike,which im sure he will see your post on here or you can send him a private message.Our website for the track is altoonaraceway.net good luck and hope to race with you soon!!!!
Cool, thanks for the quick reply! The nearest track to me is an hour and a half away, so I've been a basher my whole life (imagine being a basher and having to order everything from Tower Hobbies!)

I've never actually seen an R/C race before, so I'm really looking forward to being able to finally find other people who share this hobby. I'll be in Altoona for the next 4 years, so I'll probably end up as a member at some point. My truck isn't in running condition right now, so it won't be right away that I'll be able to do anything, but I'm wicked excited to see this track and how the whole racing side of things goes.

By the way, my name is George Mukai; my SN comes from my car which I'd post a picture of if I could. It's here though for those of you who are interested enough, just remove the stars.

http*://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net*/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs207.snc1/7422_1120930665748_1301497669_30289802_3095990_n.* jpg
BMWMinivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:49 PM   #8372
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWMinivan View Post
Cool, thanks for the quick reply! The nearest track to me is an hour and a half away, so I've been a basher my whole life (imagine being a basher and having to order everything from Tower Hobbies!)

I've never actually seen an R/C race before, so I'm really looking forward to being able to finally find other people who share this hobby. I'll be in Altoona for the next 4 years, so I'll probably end up as a member at some point. My truck isn't in running condition right now, so it won't be right away that I'll be able to do anything, but I'm wicked excited to see this track and how the whole racing side of things goes.

By the way, my name is George Mukai; my SN comes from my car which I'd post a picture of if I could. It's here though for those of you who are interested enough, just remove the stars.

http*://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net*/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs207.snc1/7422_1120930665748_1301497669_30289802_3095990_n.* jpg

WELCOME..!

Unfortunately we all have to use Tower,A-main,Stormer Hobbies for parts as there is no shop in our area.

Be sure to come check the track out, heck stop by this week on Sunday. We will have a deacent turn out of racers. You cant go by the sign up sheet for this race because there are a good amont of our racers that dont even get on here, and alot of guys just dont sign up for anything. We have had a good SCT/slash class all year and you could probably get your truck running with a little help from us all. See you at the track and again welcome to the area.
PADIRTLMJUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:50 PM   #8373
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Well I believe that you were right about the Strike,after close examination the rear dogbones were bent Thats all I saw but enough to mess with the performance.
It usually snaps the pin holding the two halves of the rear diff also.
jmackani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:00 PM   #8374
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Mod SCT

Jason.If you guys are coming you might need to bring an extra SPEC SCT cause my mod is out of comission for right now.Thanks.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:14 PM   #8375
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTO1 Racr View Post
Jason.If you guys are coming you might need to bring an extra SPEC SCT cause my mod is out of comission for right now.Thanks.
We can't make it. I am out for work until the end of the month.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:19 PM   #8376
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to BMWMinivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PADIRTLMJUNKIE View Post
WELCOME..!

Unfortunately we all have to use Tower,A-main,Stormer Hobbies for parts as there is no shop in our area.

Be sure to come check the track out, heck stop by this week on Sunday. We will have a deacent turn out of racers. You cant go by the sign up sheet for this race because there are a good amont of our racers that dont even get on here, and alot of guys just dont sign up for anything. We have had a good SCT/slash class all year and you could probably get your truck running with a little help from us all. See you at the track and again welcome to the area.
I'll be moving in on Wednesday; but the next Sunday I'll definitely try to get around. All that's wrong with my Slash right now is that I grenaded the diff; waiting on a new one from tower right now. Once I get that put back in and rebuild the back end I'll be all set. Thanks for the welcome by the way; moving to college is quite the hassle so far...
BMWMinivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:31 PM   #8377
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to CJ Weaver

Sorry guys, I can't make it this weekend. I have a family event that I must attend.
CJ Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 04:04 AM   #8378
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackani View Post
Ok.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:25 AM   #8379
Tech Addict

Quote:

Bummer,I was hoping you guys would make it out this weekend.I cant believe the low quality of the Losi Strike.Im glad I traded a motor and didnt buy it or I would be really pissed!!!I probably will beef it up and drop a brushless in it and run a mod class
Spectrum!!!
revoluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 07:28 AM   #8380
Tech Addict

Going to go to the track today and do any touch ups.We already banked the turn off the straight away and added plenty of dirt were needed.I really hope everyone makes it out tomorrow!!
Spectrum!!!
revoluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 05:23 PM   #8381
Tech Champion

Quote:
Bummer,I was hoping you guys would make it out this weekend.I cant believe the low quality of the Losi Strike.Im glad I traded a motor and didnt buy it or I would be really pissed!!!I probably will beef it up and drop a brushless in it and run a mod class
Wish I was there too. I just flew home from California today and I have to go back out tomorrow morning for two weeks in Texas.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:10 PM   #8382
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Victory Side

Quote:
Wish I was there too. I just flew home from California today and I have to go back out tomorrow morning for two weeks in Texas.
Have a safe trip. We will miss you next week too!
Victory Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 06:15 PM   #8383
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Yeah-Im f'n out too. Down at NJ six flags for shows then off to CA Monday night till Sept 1st for more shows.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:38 PM   #8384
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Cool

Has anyone seen or talked to Rob??
I have PM'd him several times & left messages on his e-mail and at the track
If anyone does see him please tell him Speedy Bill is looking for him

Thankx, Bill
ROAR member #5-120259
www.speedybillsrc.com
www.ovrccc.com
Sweep Racing Tires