R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 07-21-2010, 10:02 AM   #8266
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine

Jim - I left you a voice mail but I dont know if you check it, give me a call I found an adapter for your buggy to convert it from the 2 plug esc to a 1 plug esc w/o cutting and soldering anything
Old 07-21-2010, 04:40 PM   #8267
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default ELECTRIC RACE ON SUNDAY

Electric race on Sunday will aslo include nitros. Fortunately for the nitros their engine noise will be enough to drown out the much quicker lap times of the electric cars as they're being called out by the race director
Sorry. I just couldn't help myself. See you all there.
NOT EVERYONE GETS A CHANCE TO OWN AND RACE RC CARS....IF YOU DO, YOU SHOULD APPRECIATE IT!
OSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:47 PM   #8268
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default Tekinitis Response

I have the updated unit and haven't had any problems at all. Lovell has one of the original units. He designed a very simple mounting platform for his and it's never left him down.

I'm not trying to be difficult with my recent posts, just trying to keep the competetive fire burning for all. I did leaf through the pics from last Sundays race and the one of the SCT starting grid looked very cool.
NOT EVERYONE GETS A CHANCE TO OWN AND RACE RC CARS....IF YOU DO, YOU SHOULD APPRECIATE IT!
Old 07-21-2010, 04:51 PM   #8269
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default REPRESENTATION

It used to be that you either raced a Losi or an Associated. This Sundays race will probably include 5 or 6 different brands.....pretty cool to see.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:53 PM   #8270
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to T. Herwig

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSR View Post
It used to be that you either raced a Losi or an Associated. This Sundays race will probably include 5 or 6 different brands.....pretty cool to see.
Indeed. This is gonna be a fun race. Gonna be huge too, considering the classes combined!
Old 07-21-2010, 04:55 PM   #8271
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:

WORD!!!

Lets go MUGEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PADIRTLMJUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:58 PM   #8272
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default Electric vs. Nitro

Is speed control failure equal to Air Leaks, Tank Leaks, Clutch failure, Flame-outs, Dead receiver packs, Lean boggs, Rich Bottoms?
Had to put this post on here for Karo to answer
Old 07-21-2010, 05:01 PM   #8273
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PADIRTLMJUNKIE View Post
WORD!!!

Lets go MUGEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mugen is a front-runner..... can't argue that
Old 07-21-2010, 05:11 PM   #8274
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Is speed control failure equal to Air Leaks, Tank Leaks, Clutch failure, Flame-outs, Dead receiver packs, Lean boggs, Rich Bottoms?
Had to put this post on here for Karo to answer
By far the worst aspect of E scale isnt the failing esc's, its the squirrelly drivers who couldnt tune their way out of a paper bag finding a car with an on/off button and thinking they've invented sliced bread Im not trying to be hard OSR, Im just trying to remember your qualifying time from the LCRC race. Ohhhh-in yer face! Thats all Im good for...gonna be out of town for this weekends race. Have fun!
Old 07-21-2010, 05:12 PM   #8275
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Anyone know the format for E vs N race? Seperate heats and main, then a combo race? I would like to have a format like this:

2 rounds of respective class quailifiers and there mains: 6 min qual 8 min main.

Top 4 cars in each go directly to combo main.

Remaining cars have a combo qualifier of 6 min and 8 min main to fill remaining 6 spots.

10 min combo E-scale vs Nitro main! 10 cars
PADIRTLMJUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:15 PM   #8276
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default EXCUSES,EXCUSES

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyebmx View Post
By far the worst aspect of E scale isnt the failing esc's, its the squirrelly drivers who couldnt tune their way out of a paper bag finding a car with an on/off button and thinking they've invented sliced bread Im not trying to be hard OSR, Im just trying to remember your qualifying time from the LCRC race. Ohhhh-in yer face! Thats all Im good for...gonna be out of town for this weekends race. Have fun!
Out of town sounds like a way out of a losing situation
Old 07-21-2010, 05:18 PM   #8277
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PADIRTLMJUNKIE View Post
Anyone know the format for E vs N race? Seperate heats and main, then a combo race? I would like to have a format like this:

2 rounds of respective class quailifiers and there mains: 6 min qual 8 min main.

Top 4 cars in each go directly to combo main.

Remaining cars have a combo qualifier of 6 min and 8 min main to fill remaining 6 spots.

10 min combo E-scale vs Nitro main! 10 cars
Sounds like waaayyyyyy too much thought for a Sunday afternoon. Lets put them on the track and see who comes out on top!
Old 07-21-2010, 05:23 PM   #8278
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyebmx View Post
I think five electric drivers had 10 laps and roughly 5 nitro drivers had 10 laps... I was one of them. I think I finished my main because of the consistency of my speeder/electric motor combo. Your Mugen wadded-up because of a mid-air lean rev situation that caused a death-rev salvage attempt that ended very badly
Old 07-21-2010, 05:25 PM   #8279
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default Straight Up!

Your Mugen did look very good all day
Old 07-21-2010, 05:26 PM   #8280
OSR
Tech Fanatic

E-Scale is sliced bread and canned beer all in one