R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-27-2010, 05:51 AM   #8131
Tech Adept
 
brian roeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Bloomsburg, Pa
Posts: 223
Default

Thanks goes out to everyone that made this charity race a success Rob you had alot of prep for this race and everything came together really well hope sunday is just as good.

i had a blast and racing with some good friends it made the trip that much better. Congrats to all the winners.

Next year should be even better.
brian roeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 04:44 PM   #8132
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Altoona,PA.
Posts: 543
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Congrats to all winners!


Great Job Rob on the prep for the event!


With a little tweeking the event should only get bigger!
PADIRTLMJUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 07:53 PM   #8133
Tech Elite
 
rallyebmx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,864
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Rob-great weekend! Track was in really good shape today! Chicken was great again, prizes, money raised-great going!

Man, the E scale main was killer! JD taking over the lead until about the 6 min mark and then hangin with Matt for laps after that. I think around the 7 min mark Matt checked out. Buuuut, race of the day was the sct main. JD and Brent swapping the lead at least 5-6 times. Pass, then pass back at the next corner. A bobble on the last lap let JD open up a bit and take the win. Killer broooo
__________________
cpaurl
rallyebmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:04 PM   #8134
Tech Champion
 
jmackani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shippensburg
Posts: 5,604
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Thank You

Rob and Altoona Crew,

Radiator hole on the way home Saturday night prevented us from coming out today. I would like to thank Rob, Jim and the rest of the Altoona crew and their families for putting a great event for a worthy cause. My sons and I had a good time and I hope we were somehow able to help the cause and help put a dent into your goal. It was nice to see a great group of racers come together to help others in need. Your event/race coordination is definitely coming along well as can be seen from the changes you are making from your travel experiences to other tracks. I think Stober wants an e-scale so he has more friends now.
jmackani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:31 PM   #8135
Tech Elite
 
rallyebmx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,864
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

My e scale career was short lived. I retired on Saturday at 4pm
__________________
cpaurl
rallyebmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 05:31 AM   #8136
Tech Addict
 
revoluv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 547
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackani View Post
Rob and Altoona Crew,

Radiator hole on the way home Saturday night prevented us from coming out today. I would like to thank Rob, Jim and the rest of the Altoona crew and their families for putting a great event for a worthy cause. My sons and I had a good time and I hope we were somehow able to help the cause and help put a dent into your goal. It was nice to see a great group of racers come together to help others in need. Your event/race coordination is definitely coming along well as can be seen from the changes you are making from your travel experiences to other tracks. I think Stober wants an e-scale so he has more friends now.





Thanks alot jason.....I had a blast all weekend and I cant thank you enough for coming out and having some clean,good racing.Sorry to here about the radiator problem glad you all made it home safley.
revoluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 05:32 AM   #8137
Tech Initiate
 
maddmaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 49
Default

Had a good time Saturday, Broken suspension arm put me out right after my qualification run but it was still a good time, turns out hobby shops don't like stocking parts for the ten-T. Thanks for hosting this Rob, looking forward to the next race weekend.
maddmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:30 AM   #8138
Tech Adept
 
jlharing99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Altoona
Posts: 116
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyebmx View Post
Thanks Rob-great weekend! Track was in really good shape today! Chicken was great again, prizes, money raised-great going!

Man, the E scale main was killer! JD taking over the lead until about the 6 min mark and then hangin with Matt for laps after that. I think around the 7 min mark Matt checked out. Buuuut, race of the day was the sct main. JD and Brent swapping the lead at least 5-6 times. Pass, then pass back at the next corner. A bobble on the last lap let JD open up a bit and take the win. Killer broooo
Brent let him win just so we didn't make him move back down to pit lane. Just kidding great win JD.
__________________
Slash Spec Class
Losi 2.0 E
jlharing99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 07:01 AM   #8139
Tech Regular
 
KARO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 330
Default

Had alot of fun yesterday and a huge thanks to Rob, Jim and family for putting on a great event. All of the raffle donations were great too and brought in alot of money for raffle tickets. It was scorching hot yesterday.

I think my tank needs replaced so I'm going to order one today. It's the original tank that I've been using since Sept (or so) of 2008. Flamed out in the first two qualifiers and twice in the main.

Helicopter blades vs asphalt: Results are 2 to 0 in the asphalts favor. I told him you don't have to get within 1" of the asphalt inverted...it's fine to be atleast a couple feet away, we're still amazed. He also crashed (slept) at my place last night and we setup my heli radio and simulator. I'm going to practice on a sim for atleast couple months and get everything down before getting one. My brain has enought trouble with 2 channels let alone two or three times that. I only practiced for 1/2 hour yesterday but was getting the controls down pretty good.
KARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:27 AM   #8140
OSR
Tech Fanatic
 
OSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 761
Default So soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyebmx View Post
My e scale career was short lived. I retired on Saturday at 4pm
I think you just need to find a better pit crew. There is also the possibility of converting your MBX6 using the TEKNO conversion.....that combo was a winner for Brad on Saturday I think I'm going to make Crawford aware of it too. He had how many flame-outs on Sunday? Looks like he had 4!
__________________
Mike McGhee
G's RC Raceway
Don't be a sore LOSER! You'll look like an IDIOT!
NOT EVERYONE GETS A CHANCE TO OWN AND RACE RC CARS....IF YOU DO, YOU SHOULD APPRECIATE IT!
OSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:34 AM   #8141
Tech Regular
 
KARO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 330
Default

Did anyone have any e-scale issues this week other than Tom?
KARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:43 AM   #8142
Tech Fanatic
 
robwike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 753
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

I will post an update and yesterdays winners later this evening. I apologize for the delay.

My brain and body are fried from the last 1 1/2 months in prep of this. Thank you everyone. More later today.
__________________
Altoonaraceway.net - Central PA's Finest in R/C Offroad racing !
robwike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:37 PM   #8143
Tech Elite
 
rallyebmx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,864
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARO View Post
Did anyone have any e-scale issues this week other than Tom?
There were several 'e scale flame outs' Sam. Thats when the esc burns and costs $300. Good luck with all that. It was a fun electric race though. If you hate tuning nitro or cant do it, e is the way to go.
__________________
cpaurl
rallyebmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:54 PM   #8144
Tech Master
 
gixxerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyebmx View Post
There were several 'e scale flame outs' Sam. Thats when the esc burns and costs $300. Good luck with all that. It was a fun electric race though. If you hate tuning nitro or cant do it, e is the way to go.
Just one that I know of, McGhee lost a Tekin. It's free to have it fixed because it's a known problem with Tekin. They've fixed the problem though with a updated board and case.
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:26 PM   #8145
Tech Fanatic
 
robwike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 753
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Ok, here goes.

Congrats to all the winners on sunday:

Nitro Buggy
1st Place - Tom Stober

E-Buggy
1st Place - Matt Morris

Stock SCT
1st Place - JD Blair

Mod SCT
1st Place - JD Blair

Nitro class started with 5.
E-Buggy had 5.
Stock SCT started with 10
Mod SCT started with 4 or 5.
Attached Thumbnails
ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM-nitro2.jpg   ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM-escale2.jpg   ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM-stocksct.jpg   ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM-modsct.jpg  
__________________
Altoonaraceway.net - Central PA's Finest in R/C Offroad racing !
robwike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ALTOONA RACEWAY 1/10 SCALE ELECTRIC TROPHY RACE gixxerman Racing Forum 2 08-13-2008 03:17 PM
R/C Pilots Welsome at the Altoona Raceway - Altoona, PA Reznor88 RC Flight 0 01-14-2008 06:11 PM
SPECIAL EVENTS COMING AT THE ALTOONA RACEWAY - ALTOONA, PA Reznor88 Racing Forum 1 01-14-2008 06:10 PM
SPECIAL EVENTS COMING AT THE ALTOONA RACEWAY - ALTOONA, PA Reznor88 Electric On-Road 0 01-06-2008 05:27 PM
altoona raceway morris Racing Forum 0 05-26-2007 09:13 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:28 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net