R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 06-19-2010, 11:24 AM   #7996
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by robwike View Post
Well said Mike.
Hi fellow racers! Hope everyone does well at Drum`s. Happy Father`s Day!!! Hope to see every one at the Charity Race. It really is for a good cause and everyone should respect Rob for having it.I am new to this "Forum"thing,but not to R/C.Tracks will always have a "whiner" and I am sorry to hear ,at Altoona Raceway,they have one!Let us All remember,that this HOBBY is for Fun and Enjoyment.LET`S Just ALL get along and have fun. If you are that serious about Racing that`s cool...you should soon be a Pro...Don`t ruin the FUN for everyone else! And keep the "Drama" at Home.You will find that you can still have a good time without it!This Forum is for our interests and not for complaints!!! Remember...Respect and be friendly to your fellow members! Without them ..R/C Racing will go extinct!! Have fun and God Bless Ya!! "AAAAoooooo...UUA...Aoooooooooo"!
HYPERWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:02 PM   #7997
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCARTMAN View Post
HI ROB,
I AM GOING TO GIVE THE DONATIONS FROM G'S AND CLUB, TO JASON M. TO BRING UP TO YOU FOR THE BENEFIT, IF G CAN'T MAKE IT FRIDAY.
AS SOON AS GARLAND GETS BACK FROM FULL THROTTLE THIS AFTERNOON, WE WILL SEND YOU A MESSAGE STATING WHAT OUR DONATIONS ARE FOR THE McDONALD CHARITY.
ROBIN

update: LAND, AIR & SEA VEHICLE
3 DYNAMITE 2600 LIPO BATTERY PACKS
1 DIECAST DUBB CITY TRUCK
1 HANDMADE "GUARDIAN ANGEL"
1 XXXMAIN R/C VIDEO
Thank you so very much for your contribution to our cause. It is greatly appreciated. Robin, I will call you in a bit. Had car troubles on the way to Drum's. Had to turn around.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:16 PM   #7998
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Cpaurl investigations department

Mr. Wike

Please forward any and all contact info, address, or anything else you have concerning member code name "Ron".

This matter and member are currently under investigation, any information forwarded will be used soley for investigation reasons.
Cpaurl satilite nav system "cpaurl03" is currently on the case, agents are standing by.

Cpaurl investigation division.

Transmission number: 069874
LCRC "the best offroad on the eastcoast."
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:19 PM   #7999
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Rack

Btw those pics are the first glimps I've had of the new track, looks great!
Can't wait, probably will just be there Sunday, see you all there
LCRC "the best offroad on the eastcoast."
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:29 PM   #8000
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
Btw those pics are the first glimps I've had of the new track, looks great!
Can't wait, probably will just be there Sunday, see you all there
Thank you, we are correcting, adding and adjusting things regularly. By me visiting other tracks, is enabling me to see different building styles, track features and any thing else that goes into building a good quality track.

It also allows me to see how other tracks run their race program. All these things will help me better our track, our club, and our race day. Considering the fact that this time last year, I knew nothing about R/C, hell I didn't even know Altoona had a track, our progress is steadily going forward.

I have dedicated myself to making the Altoona Raceway a great place to race. Along with the help of my members, we will achieve our goal.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:27 PM   #8001
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Thank you so very much for your contribution to our cause. It is greatly appreciated. Robin, I will call you in a bit. Had car troubles on the way to Drum's. Had to turn around.
YOU ARE VERY WELCOME. WE'RE ALWAYS UP FOR A GOOD CAUSE. SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR BAD LUCK WITH THE CAR. LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING YOU IN THE FUTURE. ROBIN & FAMILY
Old 06-19-2010, 05:26 PM   #8002
Tech Fanatic

This information just came to me.

Saturday of the RMHC, E-scale Buggy Class will be a Cash race. Mike McGhee has donated 200$ as a prize purse for the TOP 3 finishers
Old 06-19-2010, 06:25 PM   #8003
Tech Fanatic

Default Donations for the Race

Some people have PM'ed me in regards to making CASH donations:

Certainly, CASH donations will be accepted. But I will be unable to accept checks. I apologize for that. Altoona Raceway has an account in good standing, but here is my reason.

We are going to have media coverage. TV, radio and newpaper - are covering the event. I am keeping a running total all weekend, to monitor how close we are to our goal. Our goal, in case you do not know is $5,000. Here is where the check policy comes into play. Of course there will be racers there, but there will be spectators also. Some spectators may decide to donate. I obviously can't run Tele-check to check their validity.

For example, say a spectator decided to donate $500, and I announce the updated total, for sake of example, our new total would be $4100 with their $500. Media coverage reports our donation total is $4100, and spectator's check bounces, we are now at $3600 and short.

I hope everyone understands this policy. So, if you plan on attending, plan accordingly. There is an ATM less than 4 blocks away from track though.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:26 PM   #8004
Tech Master

Quote:
This information just came to me.

Saturday of the RMHC, E-scale Buggy Class will be a Cash race. Mike McGhee has donated 200$ as a prize purse for the TOP 3 finishers
Good, I plan on taking some of that money! IM IN!
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 07:31 PM   #8005
Tech Fanatic

More prizes for the raffle are arriving daily. Today received things from Unkel Joe's Woodshed and Urban Warzone.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:49 PM   #8006
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

brad...you have a pm
lovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 07:55 PM   #8007
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

have fun next weekend...i have to make icecubes...

next time i race...i won't put tires on that are not glue...it sucks only running 1/4 throttle for 10 minutes
lovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 08:33 PM   #8008
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to TC3MIKE

I rather have your problem instead of 2 loose motor screws.
TC3MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:34 PM   #8009
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 181 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosiRon View Post
As a new member of this track I am really starting to wonder if my membership was really worth my money. I have not been a member that very long, and this is my first time posting on the forum, but so far 2 races have been canceled because people wanted to race at other tracks. It makes me wonder if I should have just joined one of the other tracks if that is where everyone is racing.

I really hope that some people show up and race next week for the big charity race, so far I am really disappointed in not being able to race.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine View Post
Ron - I agree w/Alf this matter should have been handled in a private conversation w/Rob, not on the public forum.

Alf - Check PM...I sent you one the other day, LMK if you didnt get it

ANYONE------ who is racing this weekend and where? I am looking to race some where but I wanna go where the action is!! I know a lot of the McC guys are going to that pro race, so not sure what the turn out is gonna be like out there?? Who is going where? Anyone, anyone,.....

both of you have pm ( check them)
Old 06-19-2010, 09:41 PM   #8010
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 181 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosiRon View Post
alf/line - I think you need to mind your own business, have you ever tried to get Mr. Wike on the telephone? Constantly goes to voice mail, unless of course he just does not want to talk to certain people?!?!

Rob, I do not need to Identify myself, you know exactly who I am, and trying to act like coming to you will resolve things. We all know your attitude of "my way or the highway", but I am not going to here and cause any more "drama", this will be my last post. All I am going to say is, you dont see NASCAR canceling a race to go watch indy cars, and that is in fact what you are doing, imho. Lastly, what ever happened to the oval track and electricity? Just false hope to try to suck people into joining? Well, it worked on me, and I personally will not be back!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine View Post
Rob...I think u moved from shitlist to dog house.....lol anyway its official...see u at Drums Saturday!