R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 06-07-2010, 08:30 AM   #7831
Tech Regular

Had fun yesterday! I think the Altoona locals had a good showing. Should see everyone again on Sunday if I find a new motor. Had alot of problems with the motor yesterday but struggled through and did ok. It doesn't have much compression left and I was trying to blow it up running the rest of the fuel out of my lines...but it didn't pop. Guess that I could use my spare but need to find the right pipe to smooth that wicked bottom end out.
KARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:55 PM   #7832
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default LONG-SHANK PINIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine View Post
I believe the only difference between the 2 is the 2075 is waterproof and the 2070 is not, Brian correct me if i am wrong on that, but other wise it is the same as the 2070, I personally have no issues with your running it
I have 13 - 18 tooth long shanks for the tekno conversion. Let me know which ones you want.
NOT EVERYONE GETS A CHANCE TO OWN AND RACE RC CARS....IF YOU DO, YOU SHOULD APPRECIATE IT!
OSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:57 AM   #7833
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sam,I got some good footage of you driving Robs buggy lefthanded!!
revoluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:01 AM   #7834
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Even though you held the controler backwards and your not left handed, you drove as good as you do righthanded....Good Job!
revoluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:34 AM   #7835
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSR View Post
I have 13 - 18 tooth long shanks for the tekno conversion. Let me know which ones you want.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:02 AM   #7836
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default pinions

Quote:
5 bucks each ok with you?
NOT EVERYONE GETS A CHANCE TO OWN AND RACE RC CARS....IF YOU DO, YOU SHOULD APPRECIATE IT!
Old 06-08-2010, 10:49 AM   #7837
Tech Regular

I held the radio with my left hand against my chest and used my thumb for the throttle/brake. And the steering was backwards for me...turn the wheel towards me for right turns and away for left...it was interesting. His car handles very well though...if it was setup for a righty I may have been faster with his car than my own.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:51 AM   #7838
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARO View Post
Guess that I could use my spare but need to find the right pipe to smooth that wicked bottom end out.
Or just get an electric...right OSR?
Old 06-08-2010, 11:01 AM   #7839
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSR View Post
5 bucks each ok with you?
works for me, u gonna be in the area anytime soon?
Old 06-08-2010, 11:02 AM   #7840
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to TC3MIKE

Why not, you might even go fast-er.
TC3MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:11 PM   #7841
Tech Regular

CR may have gotten a lap up on me and everyone else but I was damned if he was going to get the fastest lap too...I was yanking on it like crazy the last few laps. I also wrecked just about every lap at the end except the next to last one...that was the fast lap of the race. CR's buggy looked much better than everyone else's that I watched...he did a great job setting it up! Mine's ok but it doesn't get through the tight stuff like his.

I have a new motor on the way...EB Mod JS full mod...hopefully I won't be getting out motored anymore.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:53 PM   #7842
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
CR may have gotten a lap up on me and everyone else but I was damned if he was going to get the fastest lap too...I was yanking on it like crazy the last few laps. I also wrecked just about every lap at the end except the next to last one...that was the fast lap of the race. CR's buggy looked much better than everyone else's that I watched...he did a great job setting it up! Mine's ok but it doesn't get through the tight stuff like his.

I have a new motor on the way...EB Mod JS full mod...hopefully I won't be getting out motored anymore.
sam,
you will like the js...full mod to huh....wait till you see that thing pull the straight....lol
Old 06-08-2010, 06:26 PM   #7843
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default Motor ?

Quote:

Do you have a new "motor"=electric or "engine"= internal combustion on the way?
Old 06-08-2010, 06:31 PM   #7844
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default Lovell

Quote:

Cr is fast and I'm affraid the only thing we can do about it is to learn to drive consistently faster! He has become one of those racers who is able to drive on the ragged edge without crashing.....tough to beat those kind
Old 06-09-2010, 04:52 AM   #7845
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
works for me, u gonna be in the area anytime soon?
Sometime this weekend