R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-23-2010, 06:02 AM   #7381
Tech Addict
 
NeverATiteLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gallitzin, PA
Posts: 580
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed237 View Post
Motorama was an eye-opeing experience. Almost 100 people travelled, stayed overnight, probably spending $300-$500 in the process but refuse to spend more than on their $200 car. And then they couldnt agree on what to do with 17.5 trucks when they got there.

With all this traveling and $$$$$ being spent on Short Course it would be nice if the persons involved can start agreeing on what the rules should be.

Whether is Carolina RC or Bumps it doesnt matter to me; just as long as we can find a way to stop Short Course rules debates from interfereing with race days and forums.
AMEN! I totally agree, I would like to see all the track (even if it is just the local ones) all follow the same rules, and they need to be set in stone. Will this ever happen? Doubtful, but it sure seems like a nice thought!
__________________
MBX6-ECO
The 4 most famous words in motor sports: SECURITY TO THE PITS!!!
NeverATiteLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:07 AM   #7382
OSR
Tech Fanatic
 
OSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 761
Default Didn't start crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Moore View Post
Just so you know I do deal with it. I was just asking since other tracks rules have seemed to follow the same rules. If I do decide to race that track then I will follow the rules but I am not going to keep switching my esc in and out so I can run at one track. I will just run Pit Stop, G's, and Family Hobbies. Just my 2 cents.
By the way this is a great way to get people to come to your track to race you ask a simple guestion to the owners and people want to start crap.
My intention ,(if you were refering to me) was not to start crap. I understand why sct racers have to ask questions. It's because the maufacturers have given them no other choice. They (manufacturers) along with aftermarket companies have taken a good idea (entry level racing) and ruined it because of the almighty dollar. I like the idea of running against somebody who is on equal ground as far as tires and electronics go, but like I said no fewer than three versions of the same truck is bound to cause problems.
It's becoming almost a deterant for someone who has never had an sct. I personally would get one so I could run a second class,but if I have to check rules and try to police those running against me then it's not for me. I didn't mean to upset anyone, I just get frustrated with capitolism ruining everything.
__________________
Mike McGhee
G's RC Raceway
Don't be a sore LOSER! You'll look like an IDIOT!
NOT EVERYONE GETS A CHANCE TO OWN AND RACE RC CARS....IF YOU DO, YOU SHOULD APPRECIATE IT!
OSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:24 AM   #7383
Tech Master
 
Victory Side's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Richfield PA
Posts: 1,908
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Victory Side
Default

As a track operator I can understand the hesitance to 17.5 in the stock sct class. It is simply faster, as I said earlier we tested a lot to see what BL system was compatible and 21.5 is, and as Matt said it may be a little slower but much more reliable. That is why I asked the question to just see what guys were thinking. I am just asking for feedback. I think Rob, Kevin, Chris and myself should talk with all the other tracks and come to a common consensus so that we can all travel to the other tracks without worry of not fitting in to that tracks specific rules.

This is a great class, and in the end I wish ROAR would have done the testing we have done and found 21.5 to be a more legit crossover than 17.5. I think there would be much less controversy. In our testing on carpet 17.5 is faster than stock sct setups.

The reason that I would love to see BL be a legit item in stock SCT is the long term savings. There have been several new racers here that have been discouraged by the burnt up motors. (almost every racer here carries a spare motor or 2 with them. Cost savings, I dont think so) Also if they had 21.5 they could run for almost an hour on a battery. Imagine an SCT main of 45 minutes with no pits Also You can get a Havoc 21.5 system for 124.95.
__________________
WWW.RICHFIELDRACEWAY.COM
"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." ~Albert Einstein
"Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.'
Victory Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:46 AM   #7384
Tech Addict
 
NeverATiteLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gallitzin, PA
Posts: 580
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Side View Post
As a track operator I can understand the hesitance to 17.5 in the stock sct class. It is simply faster, as I said earlier we tested a lot to see what BL system was compatible and 21.5 is, and as Matt said it may be a little slower but much more reliable. That is why I asked the question to just see what guys were thinking. I am just asking for feedback. I think Rob, Kevin, Chris and myself should talk with all the other tracks and come to a common consensus so that we can all travel to the other tracks without worry of not fitting in to that tracks specific rules.

This is a great class, and in the end I wish ROAR would have done the testing we have done and found 21.5 to be a more legit crossover than 17.5. I think there would be much less controversy. In our testing on carpet 17.5 is faster than stock sct setups.

The reason that I would love to see BL be a legit item in stock SCT is the long term savings. There have been several new racers here that have been discouraged by the burnt up motors. (almost every racer here carries a spare motor or 2 with them. Cost savings, I dont think so) Also if they had 21.5 they could run for almost an hour on a battery. Imagine an SCT main of 45 minutes with no pits Also You can get a Havoc 21.5 system for 124.95.
I like your idea of getting all the owners together and setting rules, I think that would be in the best interest of both the tracks and the racers. I would also suggest posting that thought on some of the other tracks forums and get some thoughts on what other track owners should be included, as Bob Moore mentioned, he runs at bumps, G's, pit stop and family hobbies, along with those tracks, some ppl run McC's altoona, lcrc, richfield etc etc. I just wouldn't want any track/owner to feel left out or have an opportunity to voice their opinions on what their track currently has or wants....if the owners could all agree there is certainly good potential there for a touring series (like the dirt oval guys do) and also a lot of potential of drawing racers from other tracks and areas....if there is anything i can personally do to help in setting up such a meeting of the owners please just let me know, I think it would make this off road season much less stressful and more fun for all the tracks and SCT racers involved
__________________
MBX6-ECO
The 4 most famous words in motor sports: SECURITY TO THE PITS!!!
NeverATiteLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:24 AM   #7385
Tech Fanatic
 
robwike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 753
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

I apologize for not being on in two days. I had a few things to take care of.

As of right now, I have NO intention of running BL or changing the rules from where they currently are.

When it was purely Slash Spec, it was so simple. I personally didnt even want to add the other SCTs to the class, but as an owner and to help all the racers, I decided to do that. Now, with talk of brushless and different tires, it is no longer a SPEC class, no matter the brand.

I do not foresee me changing my mind but I am willing to talk with other owners for input.

Bob Moore, we certainly want to make your racing experience at Altoona Raceway a good one. It wasn't anyone one's intention to start any trouble. I personally am tired of the SCT debate too.

My feelings are this, if it came with your SCT run it in SPEC Class.
If you add performance stuff, run in MOD SCT Class

I think all tracks should hold true to the initial reason SPEC class became so popular.
__________________
Altoonaraceway.net - Central PA's Finest in R/C Offroad racing !
robwike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:32 AM   #7386
Tech Master
 
Victory Side's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Richfield PA
Posts: 1,908
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Victory Side
Default

Rob, I agree that box stock should have been how it was, but since ROAR has allowed any 17.5 and any SCT parts to be used on any SCT truck it has created a pickle.

I left you a message. Its a good suggestion to have you, Chris, G's, Pit stop, McC's, LCRC to have a talk and see what each track is doing.

Also a note, Brian R at Bumps agrees that 17.5 is not an equal in the Stock class.
__________________
WWW.RICHFIELDRACEWAY.COM
"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." ~Albert Einstein
"Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.'
Victory Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:33 AM   #7387
Tech Fanatic
 
robwike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 753
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Aaron, call me at home please.
__________________
Altoonaraceway.net - Central PA's Finest in R/C Offroad racing !
robwike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:59 AM   #7388
Tech Master
 
Victory Side's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Richfield PA
Posts: 1,908
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Victory Side
Default

Thanks for a good conversation Rob. We will have to get talking with the other track owners
__________________
WWW.RICHFIELDRACEWAY.COM
"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." ~Albert Einstein
"Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.'
Victory Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:41 AM   #7389
OSR
Tech Fanatic
 
OSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 761
Default SIX!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed237 View Post
I think Short Course is starting to get a bit too serious. It was great at first when it was a grass roots way to race something that you never would otherwise. But now that all the manufacturers have starting pumping out new trucks and parts on a weekly basis its almost impossible to regulate.

I found some simple and easy to understand rules on Short Course trucks at Carolinas RC:

http://www.carolinasrc.com/forum/for...ck-class-rules
That link proves my point exactly.... 6 different classe for the same vehicle.
__________________
Mike McGhee
G's RC Raceway
Don't be a sore LOSER! You'll look like an IDIOT!
NOT EVERYONE GETS A CHANCE TO OWN AND RACE RC CARS....IF YOU DO, YOU SHOULD APPRECIATE IT!
OSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:39 AM   #7390
Tech Champion
 
morris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: jersey shore pa
Posts: 5,564
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Side View Post
Rob, I agree that box stock should have been how it was, but since ROAR has allowed any 17.5 and any SCT parts to be used on any SCT truck it has created a pickle.

I left you a message. Its a good suggestion to have you, Chris, G's, Pit stop, McC's, LCRC to have a talk and see what each track is doing.

Also a note, Brian R at Bumps agrees that 17.5 is not an equal in the Stock class.
i look at the bl thing like nihm batts and lipo.
so if a 6 cell is equal to 2s lipo.
why not have a bl that is equal to brushed stock sct motors???

im tempted to say f-it and not run sct..why-cause i dont want to spend an xtra 25 bills every two weeks to buy new motors....untill that rule changes i wont run my sct no where.

rules change all the time i know...some people say its b.s......some dont.
if there was a rule change with allowing bl i think that would be great!!!
__________________
AE/VIPER/XPERT/DIRTCHEAPRC.COM/JCONCEPTS
A big thx to all the tracks that I race at:cause if it wasnt for these guys..we wouldnt have a place to race our r/c cars!!!
morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:13 AM   #7391
Tech Addict
 
NeverATiteLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gallitzin, PA
Posts: 580
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by morris View Post
i look at the bl thing like nihm batts and lipo.
so if a 6 cell is equal to 2s lipo.
why not have a bl that is equal to brushed stock sct motors???

im tempted to say f-it and not run sct..why-cause i dont want to spend an xtra 25 bills every two weeks to buy new motors....untill that rule changes i wont run my sct no where.

rules change all the time i know...some people say its b.s......some dont.
if there was a rule change with allowing bl i think that would be great!!!
25 bills every 2 weeks? WTF you doing to your motors, I went threw 3 all last summer, id say over 100 races counting heats and mains
__________________
MBX6-ECO
The 4 most famous words in motor sports: SECURITY TO THE PITS!!!
NeverATiteLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:42 AM   #7392
Tech Apprentice
 
wildbill101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 71
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I also like would like to see one set of rules for more then on track but also IF YOU DON,T RUN THE CLASS STAY OUT!!!! it just make things worse for those who do Ron what ever you do make the rules and stick to then too manny rule changes once the season starts seems to just screw everything up just my 2 cents
wildbill101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:56 AM   #7393
Tech Master
 
Victory Side's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Richfield PA
Posts: 1,908
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Victory Side
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine View Post
25 bills every 2 weeks? WTF you doing to your motors, I went threw 3 all last summer, id say over 100 races counting heats and mains
Brent, carpet is much harder on motors. There is a lot more traction and the fibers of the carpet are hard on them too. That is why so many guys burn them up quicker on indoor.

The idea of the 21.5 is to find a zero maintenance BL that is truly compatible for stock SCT. All in all this setup is very compatible, and as far as I know we are the only ones trying to find what a real comparison BL system is for stock. Because as I said earlier,to me 17.5 is much faster than Stock SCT's, and this 21.5 is on an equal level. But that is just what we found.

I am trying to see if there are any others who have done tests and comparison. Most people hear 21.5 and immediately dismiss the idea because they think it would be too slow, but it is not.
__________________
WWW.RICHFIELDRACEWAY.COM
"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." ~Albert Einstein
"Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.'
Victory Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:28 PM   #7394
Tech Addict
 
NeverATiteLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gallitzin, PA
Posts: 580
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Side View Post
Brent, carpet is much harder on motors. There is a lot more traction and the fibers of the carpet are hard on them too. That is why so many guys burn them up quicker on indoor.

The idea of the 21.5 is to find a zero maintenance BL that is truly compatible for stock SCT. All in all this setup is very compatible, and as far as I know we are the only ones trying to find what a real comparison BL system is for stock. Because as I said earlier,to me 17.5 is much faster than Stock SCT's, and this 21.5 is on an equal level. But that is just what we found.

I am trying to see if there are any others who have done tests and comparison. Most people hear 21.5 and immediately dismiss the idea because they think it would be too slow, but it is not.
Ahhh, never thought about it in "carpet" terms, as far as brushed vs. brushless, I am game either way as long as it is consistent at all the tracks...thats the most important part in my opinion
__________________
MBX6-ECO
The 4 most famous words in motor sports: SECURITY TO THE PITS!!!
NeverATiteLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:39 PM   #7395
Tech Champion
 
morris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: jersey shore pa
Posts: 5,564
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine View Post
25 bills every 2 weeks? WTF you doing to your motors, I went threw 3 all last summer, id say over 100 races counting heats and mains
Brent,
one more week left at Richfield.why don't you get you butt down there this Friday and race.then you can see how the 21.5 works there.I am prolly going back to stock electronics this week.I had to borrow a sensor wire last weekend to run.so back with the stock goods this week.
__________________
AE/VIPER/XPERT/DIRTCHEAPRC.COM/JCONCEPTS
A big thx to all the tracks that I race at:cause if it wasnt for these guys..we wouldnt have a place to race our r/c cars!!!
morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ALTOONA RACEWAY 1/10 SCALE ELECTRIC TROPHY RACE gixxerman Racing Forum 2 08-13-2008 03:17 PM
R/C Pilots Welsome at the Altoona Raceway - Altoona, PA Reznor88 RC Flight 0 01-14-2008 06:11 PM
SPECIAL EVENTS COMING AT THE ALTOONA RACEWAY - ALTOONA, PA Reznor88 Racing Forum 1 01-14-2008 06:10 PM
SPECIAL EVENTS COMING AT THE ALTOONA RACEWAY - ALTOONA, PA Reznor88 Electric On-Road 0 01-06-2008 05:27 PM
altoona raceway morris Racing Forum 0 05-26-2007 09:13 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:54 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net