R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 03-16-2010, 05:41 PM   #7351
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmat36 View Post
What scale are the Latemodel classes listed on altoonaraceway? I'm thinking about buying an off-road vehicle. Any suggestions on a starter vehicle would be appreciated.
Maybe rob will be able to get on here and talk with ya about it.there hasn't been nobody on here talking about racing oval.I would recremend getting something offroad.hope this helps.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:12 AM   #7352
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Saturday is track tear down day. We will be there all day Sat and Sun for track redesign. Also, we are standing the utility pole at some point this weekend too.

Anyone that wants to help out or even just hang out, feel free to come by. Pizza and soda will be provided for all that help.

Hope to see you then.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:47 PM   #7353
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by robwike View Post
Saturday is track tear down day. We will be there all day Sat and Sun for track redesign. Also, we are standing the utility pole at some point this weekend too.
Wish I could but have have a birthday party on sat and sun.
KARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 05:10 PM   #7354
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmat36 View Post
What scale are the Latemodel classes listed on altoonaraceway? I'm thinking about buying an off-road vehicle. Any suggestions on a starter vehicle would be appreciated.
in terms of off road you would be best to get into spec short course racing short course trucks are fun durable and you u will always show up and have plenty of people to a class plus short course spec is cheapest class to get into hope to see you altoona rocks
Old 03-20-2010, 07:21 PM   #7355
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Is the track going to be SCT friendly. Seems to be one of the biggest classes going these days. Looking for another track to run at this summer.
Bob Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:22 PM   #7356
Tech Fanatic

Yes, it will be SCT friendly. SCT is one of our biggest classes at Altoona. Come see us soon.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:25 PM   #7357
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Moore View Post
Is the track going to be SCT friendly. Seems to be one of the biggest classes going these days. Looking for another track to run at this summer.
I can only say rob can truly give you a definate awnser but what i can tell u is altoona designs and test thier tracks so that everything from spec short coarse to 8th scale buggies can be run smoothly while still chalenging all classes in a fun way please check them out u wont be disapointed
Old 03-20-2010, 08:30 PM   #7358
Tech Fanatic

Default Rebuild

Today was day 1 of rebuild. Half the track is tore up. Also the final framing of the handicap ramp and the additional 16' of driver stand is done.

I want to personally thank everyone that came out to help.
Jim, Mike McGhee, Mike and Nicole Bright, C.R., Bill (co-worker), Dustin (brother-in-law), Dad. The pizza was good, the company was great and we got quite a bit done today. Brad and Ed stopped by, Thank you.

Tomorrow is another full day of work at the track. Hopefully we will get a huge amount done prior to the rain. If you want to come hang out tomorrow, your more than welcome.

Burgers and drinks for the help. See you soon.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:22 PM   #7359
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default ROB

Quote:
Originally Posted by robwike View Post
Yes, it will be SCT friendly. SCT is one of our biggest classes at Altoona. Come see us soon.

Rob, there where more than a few ?'s about our track being sct/10th scale friendly for [2010] at Bumps this weekend.
PADIRTLMJUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 04:21 AM   #7360
Tech Fanatic

Good to hear. What are the rules for SCT. I know many tracks have ther own rules what are yours going to be.
Thanks for the answers.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:55 AM   #7361
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
Good to hear. What are the rules for SCT. I know many tracks have ther own rules what are yours going to be.
Thanks for the answers.
Bob,
I would imagine that rob would make the rules the same as bumps.but I'm just guessing.mainly for the reason that people would be able to buy and race.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:11 PM   #7362
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine

Quote:
Thanks for the answers.
Bob

Dang your truck was fast Saturday at bumps, anyway, as it stands now the SCT rules are the same as bumps, with the exception of 17.5, the electronics must remain box stock.

On the other hand 3 of anything make a class so gather up some of the boys from bumps and come up and check us out. Hope you make it up, if not I'm sure I will see you somewhere before the summer is over!!

Brent
Old 03-22-2010, 03:14 PM   #7363
Tech Fanatic

Cool are we allowed to switch esc and servos and tires from other trucks. Seems like Pit Stop, Family Hobbies, G's Raceway are all following these rules. Would be nice if all the local tracks have around the same rules so we can all run from one track to the next. Just asking. Whatever the rules are I will race by.
Thanks for the compliment. Did you sell your Blitz you had?
Old 03-22-2010, 03:41 PM   #7364
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine

Quote:
Cool are we allowed to switch esc and servos and tires from other trucks. Seems like Pit Stop, Family Hobbies, G's Raceway are all following these rules. Would be nice if all the local tracks have around the same rules so we can all run from one track to the next. Just asking. Whatever the rules are I will race by.
Thanks for the compliment. Did you sell your Blitz you had?
As of now, the rules are not set up that way, you have to run whatever came with the truck. I also would like to see all the tracks run the same rules, maybe even some sort of SCT tour/points series.

Yes, I did sell my blitz, I ran it a few times w/the stock electronics around the yard and such and didnt like it at all, so i put an orion speeder and novak 17.5 in it and practiced with it on Saturday and couldnt get it to steer, then Kurt put his set-up on it for the 1st qualifier and it almost had too much steering, but overall I just didnt like the feel of the truck. On the other hand I had no idea that the other tracks were allowing the swapping of electronics, I may have like the blitz with the electronics from the Slash in it. Guess I will just wait and see what happens and maybe switch it up again mid summer, with all the different rules and all the people talking bout 17.5's and brushless set-ups and so on and so forth. I will most likely stick with the slash for SPEC SCT but if there is a separate class for 17.5 or a straight out brushless class or whatever I might jump into that w/a different truck
Old 03-22-2010, 05:47 PM   #7365
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default SCT MANIA?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine View Post
As of now, the rules are not set up that way, you have to run whatever came with the truck. I also would like to see all the tracks run the same rules, maybe even some sort of SCT tour/points series.

Yes, I did sell my blitz, I ran it a few times w/the stock electronics around the yard and such and didnt like it at all, so i put an orion speeder and novak 17.5 in it and practiced with it on Saturday and couldnt get it to steer, then Kurt put his set-up on it for the 1st qualifier and it almost had too much steering, but overall I just didnt like the feel of the truck. On the other hand I had no idea that the other tracks were allowing the swapping of electronics, I may have like the blitz with the electronics from the Slash in it. Guess I will just wait and see what happens and maybe switch it up again mid summer, with all the different rules and all the people talking bout 17.5's and brushless set-ups and so on and so forth. I will most likely stick with the slash for SPEC SCT but if there is a separate class for 17.5 or a straight out brushless class or whatever I might jump into that w/a different truck
I'm glad I didn't take the plunge into that class. It looks to me like one might want to buy one truck for its handling, but maybe another truck for its electronics, yet another for its looks or maybe just brand loyalty. My two cents is this, "The class is headed for disaster!" There are too many different offerings already! I saw 2x4,4x4,base 2x4,SES 2x4,4x4 with electronics,4x4 build your own etc.... Why not make it simple and go back to 1/10 scale stock truck or 1/10 scale mod truck? The rules were simple. You ran stock with a stock motor and mod with a mod motor , "SIMPLE!!!" I'm not going to be very popular for making this post, but there are many racers that will agree with me 100%.
NOT EVERYONE GETS A CHANCE TO OWN AND RACE RC CARS....IF YOU DO, YOU SHOULD APPRECIATE IT!
OSR is offline   Reply With Quote