Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 05:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

IMHO, ditch the oval idea and spend that cash on a top notch off road facility but I am gonna assume my opinion dont matter cuz i have got the "honest" nod from Ed or Brad lol
Old 03-04-2010, 05:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think it will be fun running a Slash around in an oval. May need a different setup since you are only turning left. As far a a figure 8 that would be fun also, and not with a jump some true Figure 8 Racing.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

DIRT OVAL:
It would be nice if a bunch of local guys got into it to solidify the classes, but, I'm not sure Rob is counting on that. My understanding is that there has been a lot of interest by guys who travel which could translate into big turnouts for big races.

Its a tough decision. I hope it works out the Rob has it planned. I know I wouldnt touch it unless there was a huge buzz about it somewhere.

NUMBERS ON CARS:
OSR- Thats a great idea for vehicles with large bodies like truggies and short course trucks and maybe stadium trucks, but I'm not sure we'll be able to read them on 1/8 buggies or mod buggies. I can barely even see my car on the back stretch these days.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSR
I'll have to look into that.........I'm sure fastestcat already knows about it.

Are you sure you don't want to go to MC'S Saturday. We could think of vicious rumors to start about Brad and Ed on the way out. Then,while spending 5 hours (sitting on our a$$) before the race, we could make some cell calls to put the rumors in motion. Sounds like fun too me!
There is a nice thread on the Sgrid that's about F1...a lot of info...

As for MC's...I don't have anything to run...i know you have a B44, but since Mugen doesn't have an electric 1/10 scale...i can't run it...contract stuff you know!

Seriously...i can't make it...BIG birthday party...my wife is throwing a Huge bash for my 25th birthday...well maybe it's 35...i don't know anymore...

The B & T boys are leaving you hanging are they...that's just not right
Old 03-04-2010, 07:33 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Ed237
DIRT OVAL:
It would be nice if a bunch of local guys got into it to solidify the classes, but, I'm not sure Rob is counting on that. My understanding is that there has been a lot of interest by guys who travel which could translate into big turnouts for big races.

Its a tough decision. I hope it works out the Rob has it planned. I know I wouldnt touch it unless there was a huge buzz about it somewhere.

NUMBERS ON CARS:
OSR- Thats a great idea for vehicles with large bodies like truggies and short course trucks and maybe stadium trucks, but I'm not sure we'll be able to read them on 1/8 buggies or mod buggies. I can barely even see my car on the back stretch these days.
Hope all works for the dirt oval

Ed237...Mike and I ran numbers on 2wd and stadium trucks all the time...one on the winshield i think...I think we even ran them at the Firehouse Raceway back in the late 80's...Jason Macanic's wife and sister counted all the laps by hand back then...
Old 03-04-2010, 07:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

we used to do that before we had amb...thats what amb is there for.the person running the pc can call out by last name and or car number.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:46 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by morris
we used to do that before we had amb...thats what amb is there for.the person running the pc can call out by last name and or car number.

Wagonhill did it because they still used the house transponders and if one fell out they could still count you...it was mainly for the RD...when a big race came up...it was easier to control the possibility of missed laps...even though the weekly turnout was over 100 every Sunday
Old 03-04-2010, 07:47 AM
Tech Addict

Over 100 at a weekly turnout...Those were the days...
Old 03-04-2010, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

When I first got into this a little over 6 years ago there were 35 people at McCulloughs for regular club indoor race. And that was just Stock Truck! It meant something just to make the AMain.

Now a days, there are 40 people for the entire day running 6 different classes and you've made the AMain before the racing even begins.

I'm all for numbers on the vehicles. Its almost impossible to figure out who is who with so many $100 shells that you cant tell apart because they all look like Walt Disney threw up on it. All we need is somebody out there with a vynil cutter to make some stickers for the track. I wish we had a guy like that . . .
Old 03-04-2010, 08:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

So guess what just arrived at my house this week? I think I might be able to help with that vinyl cutter. In addition the later versions of the RC Scoring PRO software can do the announcing automatically. We are using it every week at Richfield. It is nice to have some live action feedback. Tom Stober is pretty good on the mic.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Rob I got the new box in. Is anyone from your way coming down anytime soon to Richfield. I also got a new power supply for you for letting us use yours. Yours is fine, but I had this one in reserve so its yours. LMK Thanks Aaron

Cant wait to see what you have in store this year Rob!!!
Old 03-04-2010, 12:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ed237
DIRT OVAL:

NUMBERS ON CARS:

G's in Shippensburg added the oval alongside the offroad two years ago with the the thought of getting the guys that ran at Newville after it shutdown. To the best of my knowledge it didn't get used the entire year for that purpose. So last year, they converted it to a 1/10 style offroad track. Still never was used. Everyone complained it was too tight and they wanted to continue running 1/10 on the 1/8 scale offroad track. So, it looks like after two years of experimenting I think they are going to combine the two tracks into one 1/8 offroad and run everything on the same track.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:17 PM
Tech Regular

I wouldnt mind running late model. I just dont have $500 to blow on a custom works right now.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TC3MIKE
I wouldnt mind running late model. I just dont have $500 to blow on a custom works right now.
nah you dont want to run oval man..keep the left/right turn thing going.....lol
Old 03-04-2010, 02:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hello everyone.

I just wanted to update everyone on my condition. But first, I want to thank everyone that has sent well wishes and kind words.

Monday, I was experiencing extreme stomach pains. At 7:30 pm I took some pepto. No help. At 8:30 I took a zantac, No help. At 930 I tried two glasses of milk. Still no relief. All along I'm thinking it is my small ulcer. At 1010 pm I tried some miralax thinking I needed to BM. Within 10 minutes I was projectile vomiting. The last bout of vomit was blood filled. I went to Mercy hospital ER, figured they would tell me bleeding ulcer. After the Cat Scan the ER doctor said he wanted me to see the Surgeon in the AM, because the Radilogist who read the cat scan feels I am having appendicitis. By 12 noon I was in surgury. My entire abdomin was filled with poison from the rupture. Normal white cell count is under 11k. I was 21k and as recently as today I was still 18k. I am still in the hospital and had someone bring me a laptop because I was going crazy. I need to get my white count down below 11k and go 24 hours without a fever.

Altoona Hospital : Room 1453B

I will reread all the posts since my absence and get updated info to you guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.