R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 03-03-2010, 01:47 PM   #7201
Tech Master

Ed and I just came from visiting Rob, he is doing well and might be discharged tommorow. He will be down for at least a week. Rob has appointed Ed and I to temporarily oversee any and all operations for the Altoona Raceway, any and all questions concerning operations should be directed toward myself or ed237.
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:54 PM   #7202
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSR View Post
Rob, you have snow to clear, track to build and races to run, you can't be all layed-up! Brad wanted to know if you had a male nurse?
Michelle, Rob's nurse is indeed Female, she has facial hair and appears to have not shaved her legs and arm-pits since birth. She also appears to have less teeth than my 11 month old daughter. Not to my suprise she resides in Dudley Pa.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:26 PM   #7203
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to TC3MIKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerman View Post
Ed and I just came from visiting Rob, he is doing well and might be discharged tommorow. He will be down for at least a week. Rob has appointed Ed and I to temporarily oversee any and all operations for the Altoona Raceway, any and all questions concerning operations should be directed toward myself or ed237.
So what are you doing on here? Stop yakin, and grab a shovel and go to work.
TC3MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:07 PM   #7204
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyPSU View Post
Get well Rob!

Man, yinz have me taking a serious look at getting an 1/8th scale buggy. Had I known the 1/10th scale stadium trucks were on the way out I would have just gone straight for the 1/8th scale. I'm going to Trains and Lanes this weekend to see if I can get one used.

The stadium trucks are just so much fun though!
I HAVE A LOSI 1.0 BUGGY....VERY USED BUT STILL WORKS.I HAVE XTRA PARTS TO GO WITH IT.WILL GET YOU BY FOR AWHILE.I EVEN HAVE AN RB S5 L2G ENGINE I COULD THROW IN WITH IT.

PM ME AND LMK IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN IT.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:50 PM   #7205
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default TC3MIKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC3MIKE View Post
So what are you doing on here? Stop yakin, and grab a shovel and go to work.
Do you have an electric 1/8 scale up and running?
NOT EVERYONE GETS A CHANCE TO OWN AND RACE RC CARS....IF YOU DO, YOU SHOULD APPRECIATE IT!
OSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:54 PM   #7206
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default ?

Quote:
Bet you were disappointed when you saw his nurse wasn't a man........check you PM's mugen-boy-lover!
NOT EVERYONE GETS A CHANCE TO OWN AND RACE RC CARS....IF YOU DO, YOU SHOULD APPRECIATE IT!
Old 03-03-2010, 04:00 PM   #7207
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Can I run a 12-doble brushed motor and put aluminum shock towers and arms on my slash?

Are you going to have a wall-ride/banked turn at the end of the straight?

Will there be a figure eight in the middle of the track?....I love to death-rev my engine over bigggggggg jumps!

Motorama had a six-pack jump section, can we have a twelve-pack section at Altoona?
Old 03-03-2010, 04:10 PM   #7208
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSR View Post
Bet you were disappointed when you saw his nurse wasn't a man........check you PM's mugen-boy-lover!
Call me, Shot-Bodies make believer!
Old 03-03-2010, 04:16 PM   #7209
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Brad...i have the weight of my mbx6 down to 6 lbs 9oz. ready to run...will that be legal to run at your track!

Also...will i be able to run my buggy w/truggy wheels and tires in with the truggies

lastly...is there a battery limit in the escale class...i want to get an order together with 10s batteries, tekin electronics let me know asap

thanks, C.R.
lovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:23 PM   #7210
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default legality ?,,

Brad,, one more thing,,
is it cool if i run that 3.5 in my slash in the spec class with one of my 3 cell lipo's,, provided i have the pink proline body on it with the green "flames" ???

btw,, GET WELL Rob
LCRC "the best offroad on the eastcoast."
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:24 PM   #7211
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I just want to thank Rob for giving Brad and me this awesome opportunity to make things better. Naturally, We plan to give back the track to Rob in better shape than we received it.

The first thing we've decided to do is change the name of the track to the B & T Raceway and increase race fees to $100 for the first class and $50 for the second.

We've also found it necessary to tweak the rules just a little.

Effecive immediately all Short Course racing (Stock, Mod, 4wd) has been outlawed. We'll finally get some peace around here without all that agonizing bickering about SC rules anymore.

No one will be permitted to run a nitro vehicle at B & T Raceway without a starter box. This one is obvious. Pull starts and roto start devices just look bad and send the wrong message to new racers.

We've also decided to cut the 1/8 Truggy class. I mean c'mon; 3 hp motors and tires the size of volley balls? Its just plain overkill. Just sac up and run 1/8 buggy instead.

1/8 electric and 1/8 and nitro buggy will be combined into separate classes. (We'll have more info later about we're actually going to do this)

We will require all racers follow ROAR rules except for people who we know to be honest. The racers who are known to be honest know who they are and only need to look at me or Brad until we look back AND nod once to know that they can do whatever they want without concern of a tech inspection. Got it?

Lastly, Everyone other than Brad and myself will be required to volunteer marshall at least 2 times a round. Brad and I have exempted ourselves because we'll be too busy enforcing the rules.

We thank you all for you co-operation and keep checking the forum for other important announcements.

LCRC Raceway and Bumps & Jumps.

Last edited by Ed237; 03-03-2010 at 04:36 PM.
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:32 PM   #7212
Tech Master

Default ,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed237 View Post

We've also decided to cut the 1/8 Truggy class. I mean c'mon; 3 hp motors and tires the size of volley balls? Its just plain overkill. Just run 1/8 buggy instead.

I've been working on a new custom bumper for my truggy, i have, untill now, been unconclusive as to the decal i am going to have made to fit into the indentation in the front of it,, it will now read: "Insert marshal ED here ^"
Old 03-03-2010, 04:40 PM   #7213
Tech Master

I-Zuk - That wont help you get 'Honest Racer' status.

Old 03-03-2010, 04:49 PM   #7214
Tech Master

I think I can handle these:

Quote:
Brad...i have the weight of my mbx6 down to 6 lbs 9oz. ready to run...will that be legal to run at your track!
Based upon my calculations, you will need to run 2 MBX6's in double decker bus formation or hitched in tandem to be legal.

Quote:
Also...will i be able to run my buggy w/truggy wheels and tires in with the truggies
You can run truggy tires on buggy wheels so long as you use silly putty for foams.

Quote:
lastly...is there a battery limit in the escale class...i want to get an order together with 10s batteries, tekin electronics let me know asap
We've decided to require all E-scales run on 12v car batteries for safety reasons.

This is easy. I dont know why everybody complains so much about running RC tracks these days.

Old 03-03-2010, 04:59 PM   #7215
Tech Master

Default huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed237 View Post
I-Zuk - That wont help you get 'Honest Racer' status.
Sorry, i know your new to this whole "running a track" thing,, but, you must have me confused with some other guy,, i'm the Hack with the 20pound truggy.....