R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 08-15-2007, 12:50 PM   #706
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

Hi all,

Just ondering if you all ever consider racing indoors on Sat.? I know about 6-8 people that all race a minumium of 2 classes each that would love to come up and race, but with work schedules none of us can make it in time for Friday evening racing.

Would it be possible ot get something like this started even if it was only twice a month or something?
highster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 01:28 PM   #707
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Highster - There are many of us that prefer Friday nights. As Dan Harding once said at a post race meal at Dennys 'It's 2 am and who are we hurting not being home right now'

Chuck and Doug Meyers run the show so its their call. Last indoor season they tried to get people to race Sundays but couldnt get people to show up. If you can promise a decent turnout they might consider it.

What classes do you guys run? Have you raced with us before?
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 02:38 PM   #708
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine
Default yum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed237 View Post
Highster - There are many of us that prefer Friday nights. As Dan Harding once said at a post race meal at Dennys 'It's 2 am and who are we hurting not being home right now'

Chuck and Doug Meyers run the show so its their call. Last indoor season they tried to get people to race Sundays but couldnt get people to show up. If you can promise a decent turnout they might consider it.

yummmmmmmm post race meals!!!!!!!
NeverATiteLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:39 PM   #709
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

Well as I said, I'm pretty confident to say I can promise 6 running at least two classes.

We normally run oval, sedan, and MTs such as stampedes and e-maxxes. I don't think we have raced with you guys before. We raced for years at RC Ave. in latrobe. And a few of us have also raced at steel city and The Raceway at Beaver.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:38 PM   #710
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default What's up

Dux, I'm out for the next couple of weeks, hope to make it down a week or two before the RAC race. I think I finally have a handle on my engine tuning. I kept trying to run the bottom too lean. Great racing against Doug and the others!
I run two associated shock o-ring under the rear of the box and my servo is also supported by 1 o-ring on all four corners, I run a Air. 357 for the throttle and brake. I have also shaved down the top center diff brace for more clearance for the carb. I looked the other day and noticed a round circle in my fuel tank from the cluth bell, I didn't think the chassis would flex that much!

C.R.
lovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:59 PM   #711
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Highster, For this indoor season Chuck and Doug have found a new space (very near to the old space in the same building) and as of right now, its all wide open. If you can deliver a good turnout they might try a few alternate days.

But unless things change from last year, most guys will be showing up on Friday nights. I encourage you to try it out and see how it goes. You might miss a qualifier once in a while, but you won't be missing out on the best racing.

And once we find out what tires and set ups are working on the new track, you can be assured that we'll let you know. I'm also into touring cars and pan cars so I hope to see you there.
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 06:33 PM   #712
Tech Fanatic

Well you all start promtly at 7:00 right?

It's almost a 2 hour drive for me, and the sonest I could ever leave home would be 4:00pm, so that would ut me t the track by 6:00 and give me an hour to register, and get ready to race. So for me it may doable, but the rest of my guys I doubt it would ever work. As they all work much later...
Old 08-15-2007, 08:03 PM   #713
Tech Regular

CR,
I didn't see until after my previous post,But AWSOME WIN in the first 30 minute club race main!!! From the looks of your car going down the straight,you have the engine tuning issue resolved...
My car feels like it did when I first got it after the 7 tooth sheering of a 13t clutchbell, we were forced to put the 14 back on it... The car is way more driveable, with the 13 the throttle seemed a little erratic. But for Altoona the 13 is a must...You still running the S5?

Gixxer, Before I got the buggy I found a thread on here about the 8ight building and setup... Tons of info There ... That's where I found out about the 1 o-ring deal. I had wanted to cut those air dams so long ago, but Dad talked me out of it since it's a Ridgeway Body,and the more lexan bodies are cut the weaker they are... And a 7 port anything on Altoonas track is overkill, but probably pretty fun to drive ...

Young Dux
gdux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:28 PM   #714
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:

Pipester - We need to talk about Oval racing this winter when you get back.
???? Ed , Go fast turn left ????

Dux thanks for the link , unfortuneatly we lost the wireless link we were stealing from and had to go dileup ....... uuuuugggggg this sux ! So needless to say unless we get another unsecured wireless link , i'll check on it when i get home . thanks anyhoo !
pipester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 07:40 AM   #715
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey guys, check out live video/audio from the Truck Nats at the Farm 2 via LiveRC

http://liverc.rccars.com/liverc.php
NOT a member of Team Terribles!
d4man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 10:30 AM   #716
Tech Regular

Default R.A.C.- CRT.5 class

Just to let our friends of Altoona know that there are talks of getting a CRT.5 class together for the RAC, so far Gary Wiant is ok'ing this. I mentioned on our forum that there's a bunch of yinz guys over here that would be Game... This race would be the establishing point for the .5 class at Mcculloughs. Who would all be up for it? I guess have Fast Ed or Pipester let them know on the '07 RAC thread on McCulloughs forum... Talk to Yinz later ...

Young Dux
Old 08-16-2007, 11:51 AM   #717
Tech Regular

Can we run a 30 min main this Sunday? I'm still bummed about the rain and two missed mains a couple weeks ago.
KARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 01:29 PM   #718
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
Highster, For this indoor season Chuck and Doug have found a new space (very near to the old space in the same building) and as of right now, its all wide open. If you can deliver a good turnout they might try a few alternate days.

But unless things change from last year, most guys will be showing up on Friday nights. I encourage you to try it out and see how it goes. You might miss a qualifier once in a while, but you won't be missing out on the best racing.

And once we find out what tires and set ups are working on the new track, you can be assured that we'll let you know. I'm also into touring cars and pan cars so I hope to see you there.
ed,
i was going to say something as well about running actually sundays...racing on a friday night will be hard for me to do cause of getting out of work...trying to get stuff ready...drive to track..unload charge and well you know the rest.i usually dump the first qualifier....lol

im in for sundays......
morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 02:08 PM   #719
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

DUX

Yes, I am still running the S5 with a JP-1.
Thanks for the props on the win. The car was not easy to drive, I made at least a dozen mistakes. I am running 27.5 w/ 56 drilled pistons in the rear and should have went to 25 oil.

C.R.
lovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:28 PM   #720
Tech Regular

Default buggy

CR, Young Dux is running his S5 with a RB bottomend pipe.I wanted to change that 13 bell at the pro series race and he wouldn't let me,That was the only real change we made last week and he was turning 10 lap runs all day he couldn't buy a 10 lap run at the pro series.For some reason he can't do well with alot of bottom end and the softer bottom helps him maintain corner speed. I should have changed it because he's been driving like crap since we put the 13 on to run indoors,He made a good push at the end of Altoona's cash race but the I think Sam pushing him around the track helped alot.

Old G