Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM >

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Old 02-26-2010, 10:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I had the smart diffs in my truggies and I did not like them. They might calm a buggy down, but I think they take away from the truggies when you need power on short take offs.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Smart diff = mechanical nightmare

may be faster in some cases, but not worth the time to rebuild regularly to keep it reliable...
Old 02-26-2010, 10:23 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jlharing99
So is the Losi 8ight 2.0 RTR for $699 a good deal? Does anyone know what the Kit has that the RTR doesn't? I have been throwing around the idea of getting a new 1/8 buggy and that one looks like it would be a nice start.

Joe...that would be a great buggy to start out...look into some TKO special clutch bearings...they will outlast the stockers by a lot...also the clutch only comes with two alum. clutch shoes...get two composite shoes to pair with the alum ones for a 4 shoe set-up...other than that at first...run it and have some fun...

down the road maybe some hi-end servos...

C.R.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

i did notice it calmed my buggy down a little.i had 5k in the center and it felt a little twitchy.maybe thats why i liked it..
Old 02-26-2010, 02:44 PM
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default SMART DIFF

Originally Posted by lovell
Smart diff = mechanical nightmare

may be faster in some cases, but not worth the time to rebuild regularly to keep it reliable...
I was just wondering if there was one in the front only, would it allow rear braking only for an electric buggy? In other words would it free-wheel off power and under braking?
Old 02-26-2010, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

On the subject of Smart diffs. The different ramp plates and springs will determine engagement locking strength and timing. Also, they don't always work on all track layouts.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:29 PM
Tech Addict

OSR...if i understand how they work...it would help some with the off power steering...as TC3MIKE has stated...it would also depend on what springs, ramps and grease or oil you use inside the diff...

i have seen guys use the center and front together

you might want to watch using something like the smart diff with the electric...that is a lot of torque
Old 02-27-2010, 08:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Who runs the Altoona Raceway facebook page...

that page has potential to introduce a lot of people to the track who may, like me, never knew it existed in Altoona. But it's locked out so people from the public can not get anymore info....
Old 02-27-2010, 08:23 AM
Tech Master

Default facebook

Originally Posted by cougarcruisin
Who runs the Altoona Raceway facebook page...

that page has potential to introduce a lot of people to the track who may, like me, never knew it existed in Altoona. But it's locked out so people from the public can not get anymore info....

I couldnt agree with you more, i use facebook everyday, and it would be huge!

i'm guessing it's an old facebook page before Rob took over the track?
and if not,, would be cool to get one up,, what do you think Rob?
Old 02-27-2010, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

Default facebook

just checked it out, and yeah thats from back in the days of "the race station" before Rob took over.

Rob you should totaly do up a page, it would be sweet

Last edited by Nighthawk; 02-27-2010 at 08:53 AM.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:13 AM
Tech Adept

Yes, it could link to your homepage, give a brief description, and we all could upload our photos of our rc's to the page... even a direct link to the forums.

I have several people who I think would be interested in joining the hobby if they had information, pictures, videos, and examples of what is going on.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

New account on Facebook is up and going. Also, we joined Twitter. I may even open a myspace page. LOL
Old 02-27-2010, 09:56 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by robwike
New account on Facebook is up and going. Also, we joined Twitter. I may even open a myspace page. LOL

Whoa ask and you shall receive! That was quick!

Hey I just received the membership packet in the mail today, that was quick too! Thanks for the decals, they were awesome!

Now time to log into facebook!

update:
Rob if you create the facebook page as a "Group" rather than a person, members can upload pictures and videos of racedays. I believe once you create the person, you have to go to "create group" icon...Also we can become "fans" and other people outside of friendship can view the page to get redirected to the main page of the raceway. Just a thought... hopefully I dont sound pushy, but it would be a public group so that everyone who isn't a member can view pictures and videos.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I will try it. be right back........

Ok, I think we are good to go.

Last edited by robwike; 02-27-2010 at 10:17 AM.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Default +1

Originally Posted by cougarcruisin

update:
Rob if you create the facebook page as a "Group" rather than a person, members can upload pictures and videos of racedays. I believe once you create the person, you have to go to "create group" icon...Also we can become "fans" and other people outside of friendship can view the page to get redirected to the main page of the raceway. Just a thought... hopefully I dont sound pushy, but it would be a public group so that everyone who isn't a member can view pictures and videos.
yeah what he said

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.