R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 08-13-2007, 10:33 PM   #691
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed237 View Post
duplicate post - I hate it when that happens.
I know what you mean.

iCeNuTz
Old 08-14-2007, 08:35 AM   #692
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed237 View Post
D4man promised me a McCullough's set up for the Duece but only if I go all out and do everything he says. S'pose I can trust him?
Ed, I was talking with Jared Tebo, yes *that* Jared Tebo, and he says that sometimes there isn't an adjustment for every obstacle on the track. He says that sometimes you have to change your driving style or pick a different line. Since I have been trying that approach, things work out better.

My point being that since I have got my baseline setup, I really don't change things other than the tires. So if my GT2 setup works at McCullough's, it should work at Altoona, except for maybe a couple *minor* things like gearing, or tires, or the wheelbase. The biggest thing with the deuce is the same tires on the front as you have on the rear. Now I realize your not going to pin IMFAR studs on the front, but you could run IFMARs in the rear and Holeshots up front.....

Gary, thanks. I know what I did wrong at the Pro Series. I was trying too hard. I need my dad there, he knows how to calm me down and fire me up. That will never happen, he's always too busy working on his hobbies.....
NOT a member of Team Terribles!
d4man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:20 AM   #693
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine
Default slider

So i was just looking at the winter racing details and that losi slider caught my eye....is there any interest in that class? I could buy that whole kit for the price of the speeder for my pan car. I will most likely stick w/pan car but if we get a good field of sliders I might switch up....just looking for imput
NeverATiteLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:47 PM   #694
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default HARDING RACEWAY INC

SATURDAY EVENING/NIGHT practice starts around 6... racing to follow

TT01 LATEMODEL 150 SPECIAL
$15 to race

guarunteed at least 100 bills to winner paying at least top 3

silver can treaded tires..

anyone interested in a body i have some news ones for 18 bucks

proceedure is as follows

time trials (determines starting spot in heat)

straight up heats (top couple make A rest to B's)

B mains (top couple to A)

150 lap A main

depending on numbers prob 10 will make A

there will be bump ups to main
Attached Thumbnails
ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM-dsc00007.jpg  
fastestcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:14 PM   #695
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastestcat View Post
SATURDAY EVENING/NIGHT practice starts around 6... racing to follow

TT01 LATEMODEL 150 SPECIAL
$15 to race

guarunteed at least 100 bills to winner paying at least top 3

silver can treaded tires..

anyone interested in a body i have some news ones for 18 bucks

proceedure is as follows

time trials (determines starting spot in heat)

straight up heats (top couple make A rest to B's)

B mains (top couple to A)

150 lap A main

depending on numbers prob 10 will make A

there will be bump ups to main

Travis, excellent job on those bodies!!!!!!!!!! Might hook up with The Godfather, see whats up for saturday night and make the trip if nothing is planed!!!
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:27 PM   #696
Tech Master

Fast Eddie, IcE, check this out!!!!! Read the rules for the brushless oval!!!
http://www.racewayathobbyworld.tk/

Check out the oval set-up sheet abot half way down on that page, very good description for springs and tires.

Last edited by gixxerman; 08-14-2007 at 01:48 PM.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:04 PM   #697
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerman View Post
Fast Eddie, IcE, check this out!!!!! Read the rules for the brushless oval!!!
http://www.racewayathobbyworld.tk/

Check out the oval set-up sheet abot half way down on that page, very good description for springs and tires.
that class sounds like the COT NASCAR CLASS, im all for it!!!!
NeverATiteLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 05:43 PM   #698
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine View Post
that class sounds like the COT NASCAR CLASS, im all for it!!!!

Brent, TRS will have McCallister COT Bodies in very soon!!!! A couple are spoken for allready, get 'em while their hot!!!!!!
Old 08-14-2007, 07:10 PM   #699
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Springs

Brad
I knew I had the spring chart in my binder somewhere.
Heaviest to softest
Silver, Gold, Green, Black
I am running gold on 7075 alum. and green on comp.
My carb only opens to 74% of full open, maybe try limiting the EPA to tame that thing down a little more!

C.R.
lovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:04 PM   #700
Tech Regular

Altoonas Finest- I was wondering about what engines everyone over there is running in thier Gas Trucks? I thought while we were there that I overheard some of the guys were running the Dynamite Platinum .12 (blue head, not the red headed SPD). Ant comments,opinions ,or suggestions would be great as I have this engine coming for the NT...thanks,

When might you guys unveil the RC8??? I guess I'm asking who out there is first in line for it when it comes out... I would say fast Ed T. ,but he says he's done with Scale.

CR- Whats up Man? How's the 8ight running and how soon are you coming to McCulloughs again? Don't forget to bring SAM! Thanks for the clutch spring chart. On a side note Last week Doug and I went 1-2 just 2 seconds apart(with 8ights I might add) with 3rd 18 seconds behind us with a mugen. For the Losi Faithful of Altoona

Young Dux
gdux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 04:55 AM   #701
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Dux, Myself and Chuck Meyers are running the Dynamite Platinum .12. I used to run OS CVR and a Wasp for bit last year. Compared to those, the Dynamite has much better reliability and consistancy. Once it's broke in and tuned, it will idle without loading up and allways put out decent power and glow plugs will last for months.

But it's not the fastest engine out there - Good off the line, OK midrange, top end a bit lacking. I have yet to run a full gallon through it so it may get better. I've noticed most engines dont hit full song until about a gallon.

Just 2 weeks after the cash race and we didnt have enough Gas Trucks to run the main this past Sunday. Watching the 1/8 scale main almost made me want an RC8. Maybe next year. Since carpet season arrives in October, I'm looking at touring cars instead.

FYI, after running nearly every 1/8 scale on the market, Doug and Chuck Meyers both switched back to 8ights and proclaimed them by far the best buggies out there (provided the servos last).
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:13 AM   #702
Tech Adept

That set up sheet is intense Brad. After reading those brushless rules it is apparent to me that you can gain advantages with different rotors...uh!

I had to get rid of an assistant at work which means I will have to work more until a replacement is found so I am officially calling it quits for the remainder of the outdoor season. If we can come Joel will run and I will just annoy Brad. My attendance at the RAC is questionable. We will at least be there this Sunday.

iCeNuTz
Old 08-15-2007, 10:53 AM   #703
Tech Regular

Thanks Ed! Just the kind of insight I was looking for about the engine... What happened to the GT class??? When we were there it seemed that you guys had all gravitated towards the the 2wd works of art...

Pipester-http://mcculloughsrcracing.com I'm not the most computer savy person and if this is wrong I'm sure that Forman knows how to fix it...

Doug and Chuck- welcome back to the Darkside... Must've been fun "test driving" until your final conclusion was reached... The car Will restore your winning ways, and I'm sure the pointers and shooters of other 1:8 scale brands in Toon Town now tremble in fear...
I've never had any servo issues with the car, other than when we were in Altoona and my throttle servo began to heat up. I think that it was Gixxer who recommended cutting the air vents on each side of the body, now all is well, Thanks... Out of curiosity how many rubber o-rings are yinz running under the rear of the radio tray 1-2-or ?... And are you running the servo spacers? if so with or without the rubber grommets? I have been running 1 O- ring under the battery box, and the servo spacers only, no grommets... been this way since the car was built. Also what types of servos are most guys running in the car? I'm using Ace 1015's... Same specs as the Air. 358-359,but they're digital and somewhere around $95... vs the $110-$130 for an Airtronics or a JR...I haven't yet had a servo go, but I've seen and heard horror stories about the 8ight being servo hungry... Talk to Yinz later...

Young Dux

Last edited by gdux; 08-15-2007 at 12:24 PM.
gdux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:40 PM   #704
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovell View Post
Brad
I knew I had the spring chart in my binder somewhere.
Heaviest to softest
Silver, Gold, Green, Black
I am running gold on 7075 alum. and green on comp.
My carb only opens to 74% of full open, maybe try limiting the EPA to tame that thing down a little more!

C.R.
Thank's C.R. My throttle is limited to about 60% I'd say. I'm going to try your clutch setup. Or I might just take out the 7 port and go with the three for the rest of the season. Bigger is not always better. The four alum with green and black springs was awesome on the picco 3 port. I was driving alot better before I switched engines! Also thank you for your pit help!!! I know sometimes other peoples questions can be anoying when your trying to get your own stuff accomplished! Again thank you!

Bigger is not always better.........There you go GrEg!
Old 08-15-2007, 12:44 PM   #705
Tech Master

GDUX, I only run one o-ring under the battery side of the radio tray! I also added a King Headz radio tray stiffener and run the servo "loose" not tightend down. Have not had any probs since I did this. KNOCK ON WOOD. Sam Crawford is the one who told me about cutting out the air dams in the body.....so I can't take credit for that one, but it does help! I am running a JR ST126MG. Fairly cheap and I'm glad for that since I'm on my third one!!!