Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 10:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine
I dont have a e-scale, but I am not a fan of battery changes, the batts for those monsters are expensive, i believe i paid like $275 for my battery (when i had 1), not too many people have more then 1 batt
I can get them way cheaper than that. I really like to avoid battery changes if possible. A inexperienced pitman could cause a expensive mishap.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
Holy balls! I cant believe nobody commented on this! I've never ran a main this long-I hope I'm around for this!!
I've ran quite a few 45 minute mains...it's rough sometimes (especially in the middle of Summer)...but fun!

The old track google videos still work but it looks like all of the You Tube vids are deleted.

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vid...dc820bac3-1355

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vid...29922772723823
Old 02-18-2010, 11:29 AM
Tech Regular

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vid...-1637016798413

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vid...-1642213475077

I was running Kyosho
http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vid...-1383573750913
Old 02-18-2010, 02:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The 45 minute main will be for that particular race only. We will, however, run 20 min mains this year, every week.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default fire

Originally Posted by TC3MIKE
2. There will be a Fire extinguisher in the fuel rail area, along with two buckets of water.

Are we preparing for nitro fires and lipo explosions or what? My buggy has flames airbrushed on it so please don't pour water on it.

Anyone who smokes, dont have a cigarette lit and have a fuel bottle splashing it around in pit row.
think of it this way B-Rad.

How cool will it be when there's a Nitro fire and people throw watrer on it,, it's gonna be SSIIICCCKKKKKKKKK!!!!! ROFL
Nitro Fire everywhere!!!

Rob,, if your going to get a fire exstiguiser you may wanna look into a cemical one capable of putting out hazmat/flammable fires, but i'm guessing you already know that lol.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

yea...if my buggy was on fire i dont want somebody to dump water on it....lol
Old 02-18-2010, 04:17 PM
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default I'll comment

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
Holy balls! I cant believe nobody commented on this! I've never ran a main this long-I hope I'm around for this!!
We could all throw a buck in the kitty, and the guy with the least flame-outs gets the cash.

I only brought this up because a neighbor of mine was at the local pub last night. Seems he and several others each have buck in the pot, and the one that guesses the closest day and time when the snowpile in the parking lot at the pub melts gets the cash You know you need a life when you're involved in something like that...... they even named it -"The Broad Top Meltdown!"
Old 02-18-2010, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Default oh boy oh boy ......BIG FIRE!

Originally Posted by Nighthawk
think of it this way B-Rad.

How cool will it be when there's a Nitro fire and people throw watrer on it,, it's gonna be SSIIICCCKKKKKKKKK!!!!! ROFL
Nitro Fire everywhere!!!

Rob,, if your going to get a fire exstiguiser you may wanna look into a cemical one capable of putting out hazmat/flammable fires, but i'm guessing you already know that lol.
LOL!
Rob would want a 10#ABC Multipurpose Dry Chem Fire Extinguisher. If your buggy gets sprayed by it, get alot of towels and get ready to do some cleaning!!!!!!

Last edited by Gearhead racer; 02-18-2010 at 08:01 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey remember me?!

I was the one with the really dirty X2 from all the dust you guys made me eat...

I am going to do my best to make it to openning day and any other race day for that matter. I was not psyched on the old layout or .. um.. ahhh... let's just say "level of fun-ness" of the .. um.. old regime. So excited to see what the new year will bring. Now if I can just get my crap together and get there!

My plan on the 45 minute main is to run backwards and take Ed out immediately. Seemed to work the last time...

-Keith
Old 02-18-2010, 07:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yes, it is definiately going to be a Chemical extinguisher.

The water is for fuel splashes, if someone gets fuel in their eyes. I guess bucket wasn't the correct word. More like bottles. You certainly wouldn't want to rinse your eyes with water from the buffalos. Stagnant water + Bleach + eyes = Hospital trip.

Have more faith in me guys, LOL.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by killerX2
Hey remember me?!

I was the one with the really dirty X2 from all the dust you guys made me eat...

I am going to do my best to make it to openning day and any other race day for that matter. I was not psyched on the old layout or .. um.. ahhh... let's just say "level of fun-ness" of the .. um.. old regime. So excited to see what the new year will bring. Now if I can just get my crap together and get there!

My plan on the 45 minute main is to run backwards and take Ed out immediately. Seemed to work the last time...

-Keith
Keith, man GREAT to hear from ya!!! Please try and make it for our opener you will not be dissapointed!!!
Old 02-18-2010, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by robwike

Have more faith in me guys, LOL.
It's the Avatar Rob............sorry!
Old 02-18-2010, 08:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by killerX2
Hey remember me?!

-Keith
Your the guy that came with Tom Stober, aren't you? How have you been?
Old 02-19-2010, 08:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSR
We could all throw a buck in the kitty, and the guy with the least flame-outs gets the cash.

I only brought this up because a neighbor of mine was at the local pub last night. Seems he and several others each have buck in the pot, and the one that guesses the closest day and time when the snowpile in the parking lot at the pub melts gets the cash You know you need a life when you're involved in something like that...... they even named it -"The Broad Top Meltdown!"
mike,
we did something like this last summer.all the 1/8 a-main guys thru 5 bucks in for the winner...made it a little more interesting.
although i wouldnt recremend BRENDA to get into doing that this year...he prolly lost more money than anyone else to joined in on it....lol
Old 02-19-2010, 08:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robwike
Your the guy that came with Tom Stober, aren't you? How have you been?
Yeah. You know the one that was in better shape than him...

I have been pretty busy. When to Richfield a bunch but by the end of the season was too busy to do much of anything. Going to try real hard to not have that happen again!

Let me know if you need any help building the track...

-Keith

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.