Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM >

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Old 02-18-2010, 04:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

rob,
sounds like things are really shaping up for altoona.i cant wait to get some track time there.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Our first 2010 Track sponsor is approved. "McGhee's Used Cars" is an official Track sponsor at the Altoona Raceway. We welcome Mike and the McGhee family business to a great year at the track.

That means no more calling him Michelle. That means you, Brenda Blontz
Old 02-18-2010, 05:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robwike
While I'm on the subject of the ramp.

Lowe's of Altoona has provided all the lumber for our handicap ramp. Their way of contributing to my vision of the Altoona Raceway being available to ALL racers. Everyone will have the same vantage point during their races.

Thats awesome news for me, but now what am i gonna blame every time I lose?? That was the best excuse ever!!! I am glad to hear that i will be able to see this year!
Old 02-18-2010, 05:44 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine
Thats awesome news for me, but now what am i gonna blame every time I lose?? That was the best excuse ever!!! I am glad to hear that i will be able to see this year!
right on brent...you might just have a different point of view all the way up the drivers stand.you will become the next dan ross....
Old 02-18-2010, 05:45 AM
Tech Champion

Our first 2010 Track sponsor is approved. "McGhee's Used Cars" is an official Track sponsor at the Altoona Raceway. We welcome Mike and the McGhee family business to a great year at the track.

That means no more calling him Michelle. That means you, Brenda Blontz
BRENDA......LOL
Old 02-18-2010, 05:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine
I have a BIG set of scissors and a ribbon ready for Test and Tune. You need to be there to cut the ribbon.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:52 AM
Tech Regular

2. There will be a Fire extinguisher in the fuel rail area, along with two buckets of water.

Are we preparing for nitro fires and lipo explosions or what? My buggy has flames airbrushed on it so please don't pour water on it.

Anyone who smokes, dont have a cigarette lit and have a fuel bottle splashing it around in pit row.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TC3MIKE
2. There will be a Fire extinguisher in the fuel rail area, along with two buckets of water.

Are we preparing for nitro fires and lipo explosions or what? My buggy has flames airbrushed on it so please don't pour water on it.

Anyone who smokes, dont have a cigarette lit and have a fuel bottle splashing it around in pit row.
Fire extinguisher and water has always, technically been needed for insurance purposes. I use the same insurance company/policy as the past owners. Those items were just never in place as required.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Sponsorship

There are only a few sponsorship packages left. If you own or know a business that may be interested in sponsoring, please let me know. Sponsorship can be on a per race or yearly basis.

Any yearly basis sponsors will also be a sponsor for the "RMHC" race in June.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:39 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Rob, how long will the 1/8 brushless main will be? Thats if we had like 4-5 for that class.

Last edited by TC3MIKE; 02-18-2010 at 07:19 AM.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by OSR
Attachment 551566 2007 OPENER SAM,ME AND DOUGLAS
I still have that lime green Lux Graphics T-shirt...has anyone spoke to Chris Hults lately...wonder if he's still around, I kinda lost contact with him. And Mike McGhee was running a Sportworks
Old 02-18-2010, 09:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TC3MIKE
Hey Rob, how long will the 1/8 brushless main will be? Thats if we had like 4-5 for that class.
I am undecided on that as of right now. I may, to make it interesting, make it long enough to need a battery change. But I am not sure yet. Hurrying to replace a battery, may lead to a connector or wire end getting ripped off. I will see, once we can experience their possible run times per pack.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:24 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by KARO
I still have that lime green Lux Graphics T-shirt...has anyone spoke to Chris Hults lately...wonder if he's still around, I kinda lost contact with him. And Mike McGhee was running a Sportworks
He is still around, i talk to him occasionally. he is no longer painting bodys, he got some kind of job where he travels a lot...last time we spoke he was in japan........maybe he go into making rc cars?? Most of them are made in japan lol
Old 02-18-2010, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

A-MAIN will be 45 minutes
[/URL]
Holy balls! I cant believe nobody commented on this! I've never ran a main this long-I hope I'm around for this!!
Old 02-18-2010, 10:26 AM
Tech Addict

I am undecided on that as of right now. I may, to make it interesting, make it long enough to need a battery change. But I am not sure yet. Hurrying to replace a battery, may lead to a connector or wire end getting ripped off. I will see, once we can experience their possible run times per pack.
I dont have a e-scale, but I am not a fan of battery changes, the batts for those monsters are expensive, i believe i paid like $275 for my battery (when i had 1), not too many people have more then 1 batt

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.