Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 10:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
I dont own a Slash. Those were just loaners. I was thinking of doing 2wd buggy with a loaner, but decided not. After experiencing just 1/2 a day of the 1/8 side last year, I came down with a wicked case of lung cancer-it took me weeks to get over(that was a joke) Im staying deep in touring car right now for the next 2 months!!!!!

It will be interesting to see how some fellow racers do at Motorama though.....
tom,
if it is still possible to sign up for motorama you can use my 2wd buggy.i will sign up for slash.i have loads of parts for it to.

does anyone know if you still can sign up for motorama?
Old 02-15-2010, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Im good Matt-thanks. Im looking forward to some tc action instead! I will be getting a motor this week finally!
Old 02-15-2010, 10:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Im good Matt-thanks. Im looking forward to some tc action instead! I will be getting a motor this week finally!
did you call greg?
Old 02-15-2010, 10:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSR
Brad, would you please stop sexting me on my cell phone.....I really don't care what man boobs look like !

Phew, glad I didn't open that text then...
Old 02-15-2010, 11:18 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by morris
tom,
if it is still possible to sign up for motorama you can use my 2wd buggy.i will sign up for slash.i have loads of parts for it to.

does anyone know if you still can sign up for motorama?
Read the post regarding late entries...about 1/2 way down the page...it doesn't look good.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...ml#post6939815
Old 02-15-2010, 02:48 PM
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default TOURING CAR?

I dont own a Slash. Those were just loaners. I was thinking of doing 2wd buggy with a loaner, but decided not. After experiencing just 1/2 a day of the 1/8 side last year, I came down with a wicked case of lung cancer-it took me weeks to get over(that was a joke) Im staying deep in touring car right now for the next 2 months!!!!!

It will be interesting to see how some fellow racers do at Motorama though.....
I honestly have to say, I didnt know that you raced touring cars. When you said in your earlier post that you were going to Richfield I was going to ask "what for", but now I know. So now I know that you have given electric a fair shot, just like I have given Nitro an almost fair shot. I guess we're both kinda in the same boat so to speak....to each his own.
This doesn't mean that the trash talking is going to stop! But I did gain a tiny bit more respect for you
Old 02-15-2010, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSR
I honestly have to say, I didnt know that you raced touring cars. When you said in your earlier post that you were going to Richfield I was going to ask "what for", but now I know. So now I know that you have given electric a fair shot, just like I have given Nitro an almost fair shot. I guess we're both kinda in the same boat so to speak....to each his own.
This doesn't mean that the trash talking is going to stop! But I did gain a tiny bit more respect for you
Altoona is 75 miles for me. I couldnt get into indoor racing because it was just too much to deal with. After lipo and rubber tire at Toona, it made it appealing enough to get one and race a couple times a winter. Then, I found Richfield and it was on! Indoor, electric only for me! Outdoor-nitro!
Old 02-15-2010, 03:07 PM
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Altoona is 75 miles for me. I couldnt get into indoor racing because it was just too much to deal with. After lipo and rubber tire at Toona, it made it appealing enough to get one and race a couple times a winter. Then, I found Richfield and it was on! Indoor, electric only for me! Outdoor-nitro!
Fair enough.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by OSR
Fair enough.
Do you have any of the parts I was inquiring about?
Old 02-15-2010, 03:16 PM
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Let me offer you this though. Lets say that I get the d8e dialed in at Altoona this summer. Then , offer you some wheel time with it. If you would turn quicker laps with it vs your nitro, would that be enough for you to perhaps give it a try? I'm not asking you to give Brad's" alternative"(not talking music here) lifestyle a go , just electric 1/8 scale.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:18 PM
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by gixxerman
Do you have any of the parts I was inquiring about?
I had a redneck liquidation sale recently....everything went!
Old 02-15-2010, 03:31 PM
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by robwike
Phew, glad I didn't open that text then...
What I've been doing is giving him cell #'s that I no longer have.....I bet there's some real surprized faces out there
Old 02-15-2010, 03:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Brad is liable to end up on Dateline NBC....

I'm not talkin eharmony.com type date line either
Old 02-15-2010, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by OSR
Let me offer you this though. Lets say that I get the d8e dialed in at Altoona this summer. Then , offer you some wheel time with it. If you would turn quicker laps with it vs your nitro, would that be enough for you to perhaps give it a try? I'm not asking you to give Brad's" alternative"(not talking music here) lifestyle a go , just electric 1/8 scale.
Michelle, I told you Wike was the one who lived "alternatively"! Just ask him, he has a "Partner"!!!!
Old 02-15-2010, 05:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default hmm

Originally Posted by revoluv
I already came to the conclusion spring isn't coming so I guess I should get a life
yeah man, just got in from riding the snowmobile, gotta do something then wait for the track to thaw and dry lol

Originally Posted by gixxerman
Btw loOSeR while your out pretending to be a mechanic this afternoon I need:

1: a bumper bolt for a 79 Chevy pick-up
2: a tailght screw for the same vehilce
3: a wiper arm from a 80 Chevette
4: a hub cap for a 1992 Honda Accord
5: a hub cap for a 1997 Cavalier
6: a set of BLUE RPM a-arms for a 1998 GMC Sierra (I know, I know, I've allready recieved permission)

Also, if you happen to have any front RPM arms for a 92 metro 2 door 1.0 liter, that'd be great, i tryed to mod a set from a traxxas rustler, but the outter pin hole is simply to big for the metro C-hubs.

Originally Posted by OSR

*guy from the movie "Taken" voice* "I dont know who you are,,, i dont know where you live,. But what i DO know,, is there is more to r/c winter life then spending all your time on the forums talking trash and about how good a racer you are..... i WILL find you,, and i will race you......."

*normal voice* I dont beleave we've met yet, but i think i'm gonna like hanging out with you ROFL HAHAHAHA

Last edited by Nighthawk; 02-15-2010 at 05:11 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.