ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 01:01 PM
Tech Regular

I may go to Bumps & Jumps to break in the slash...is anyone else going? I haven't been there for a couple years (they were still running slicks not treads).

I can't believe they have the results from that far back...I must have broke in the main, was running that GS P.O.S.! I think every time I was there they had a drop gate start and it always turned out bad for me...why even qualify?
http://www.bumpsandjumpsrc.com/results%203-2-08.htm

Last edited by KARO; 02-03-2010 at 01:12 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KARO
I may go to Bumps & Jumps to break in the slash...is anyone else going? I haven't been there for a couple years (they were still running slicks not treads).

I can't believe they have the results from that far back...I must have broke in the main, was running that GS P.O.S.! I think every time I was there they had a drop gate start and it always turned out bad for me...why even qualify?
http://www.bumpsandjumpsrc.com/results%203-2-08.htm
sam,
i might go to bumps again on sunday.i will run pro corr sct and maybe mod buggy again.
i might switch everything out to the bk1 though.i couldnt get that bk2 to get hooked up there at all.so i was thinking of trying the bk1...prolly do the samething though.chase set-up on it all day...lol
Old 02-03-2010, 01:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TC3MIKE
Yes, they're 5 port Novarossi with red epoxied crank, standard button head, and 16.28mm bore & 16.80mm stroke. My sponser has 2 of them just for 1 out of 4 D8 buggies.

Thank you TC3mike.Right know I have the stock Losi 350 engine on it,Do you think it would be a good engine for a Losi 8ight buggy or atleast better than the stock?I can get a great deal on a knew one thats why I ask.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:06 PM
Tech Regular

If you found a deal on it I don't see why not. No matter what its a NovaRossi under the Max power name. Always make sure you can buy spare conrods, piston&sleeve from a reliable source.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by revoluv
Thank you TC3mike.Right know I have the stock Losi 350 engine on it,Do you think it would be a good engine for a Losi 8ight buggy or atleast better than the stock?I can get a great deal on a knew one thats why I ask.
dan ross at bumps uses the losi 350 engine...it looked real fast and i dont see why you couldnt get away with using it at altoona.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

revoluv...if your engine that you have now still runs strong...keep running it

take the money you would have spent on the engine and buy some good quality tires...you will see a bigger performance gain in good tires, rather than a high power engine

Nason Benner from Richfield had a Losi 350 engine in his car last year and he had way more than enough power...he had more power and top speed than myself...

do youself a favor and get some m3 calibers, aka super soft cityblocks, or super soft crossbraces...use these as your race tires...

m2 calibers, soft cityblocks as your practice tires...

i ran m3 calibers yesterday on the track and they were real good...conditions were a little dusty on top...

just a thought...do what you want
Old 02-04-2010, 05:10 AM
Tech Addict

I definitaly appreciate the thoughts.If anyone is wondering who I am, I am Robs partner Jim here at the Altoona raceway.Im sure who I didnt meet last year I will meet this year.I do alot of track preping on race day and threw out the season.I look forward to meeting knew faces in R/C.As far as my Losi goes,I ran it all last year stock with the 350 engine and crimefighters/panther studs and had great outcome.Just looking to do a little better this year with lap times,but my engine is only 3 months old so you are probably right,I will stick with it considering I had not one problem with it since I owned it.I have been wanting to try the Caliber tires or Revolvers on our track so maybe thats what I will look into.Thanks for the info everyone!
Old 02-04-2010, 05:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by morris
dan ross at bumps uses the losi 350 engine...it looked real fast and i dont see why you couldnt get away with using it at altoona.
Matt - Is that the guy in the wheelchair? I remember racing with him when i went back then. He's pretty fast, I remember it being back and forth between us in the qualifiers. Seemed like a real nice guy too.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:31 AM
Tech Regular

For those of you who don't do alot of travelling, here are videos of the SnowBird Nats of the offroad world that takes place indoors every year in Atlanta, Ga. If anyone is interested, this upcoming event will be held on March 4-7 this year. This track is very large and it will demand alot from your 1/8 buggy or truggy and you will see jumps that takes you near 100 yards.

http://www.psychonitroblast.com/media
Old 02-04-2010, 08:54 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by KARO
Matt - Is that the guy in the wheelchair? I remember racing with him when i went back then. He's pretty fast, I remember it being back and forth between us in the qualifiers. Seemed like a real nice guy too.
sam,
yea that is him.dude is fast ass shit..lol
he is a real nice guy to talk to.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:55 AM
Tech Champion

For those of you who don't do alot of travelling, here are videos of the SnowBird Nats of the offroad world that takes place indoors every year in Atlanta, Ga. If anyone is interested, this upcoming event will be held on March 4-7 this year. This track is very large and it will demand alot from your 1/8 buggy or truggy and you will see jumps that takes you near 100 yards.

http://www.psychonitroblast.com/media
that track is sick....man wish we had something like that local.....lol
Old 02-04-2010, 09:31 AM
Tech Regular

Yea, maybe we can get Rob to add the wall turn and a ski jump.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:06 AM
Tech Champion

yea no doubt!!!!!
Old 02-04-2010, 10:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

ummmmm.....yeah a ski jump!!! that would be SICK!
Old 02-04-2010, 02:49 PM
Tech Addict

Default Psyco nitro

Yeah that track is INSANE!!!!I saw a video of Ryan Lutz terrin it up there.The rounded jumps are pretty cool

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.