R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 01-30-2010, 03:35 PM   #6526
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

You might want to reconsider mounting your transponder flat. The signal doesnt work as well when mounted perpendicular to the chasis.

Otherwise, I keep trying to talk myself out of E-Scale but I cant help but wonder how much better racing would be with the durability of 1/8 scale combined with the ease of brushless.

Decisions, decisions, decisions . . .

LCRC Raceway and Bumps & Jumps.
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 06:32 AM   #6527
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to TC3MIKE

whats up guys.
TC3MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 06:48 AM   #6528
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

WOHOO, location for TC3Mike is : East Freedom PA. Welcome.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:09 AM   #6529
Tech Master

Welcome Mike! Little bit of a climate change?
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 07:23 AM   #6530
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed237 View Post
You might want to reconsider mounting your transponder flat. The signal doesnt work as well when mounted perpendicular to the chasis.

Otherwise, I keep trying to talk myself out of E-Scale but I cant help but wonder how much better racing would be with the durability of 1/8 scale combined with the ease of brushless.

Decisions, decisions, decisions . . .
I did wonder about mounting it that way. I can't comment on ebuggy yet, but if it truly is like racing an 1/8 scale 4wheel mod I'm going to love it! I just bought 3 new rc mags last night and two of the three have a test on the Ve8.
OSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 07:49 AM   #6531
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default THE JOYS OF NITRO

1. FUEL - Toxic liquid housed in a bottle that is deuched all over ones car during pit stops. Botttle is usually left at driver-stand by fueller/mechanic/marshall/buddy who was doing nothing on mon thru sunday anyway
2. Glow plug - Expensive little piece of red hot wire. Known for being thrown in the trash even though brand new "how can three peoples glow igniters be dead?
3. Starter box - Heavy lump that could contain a used 78 yamaha street bike battery. Usually made of metal and has plastic nubs that are just a marvelous piece of engineering. The way some people use them I'm not sure if they start cars or if they're somehow using it as an ab-crunch
4. Glow Igniter - used to heat wire. Only accurate depending on pressure and angle in relation to the top of the glow plug. Usually borrowed by the guy in the dickies and plain white tee who is using it to try to start his buddies car while leaning over it with cig in mouth as he lifts the lid on the fuel tank to make sure there's fuel in it... Yeah, that's safe
Old 01-31-2010, 08:00 AM   #6532
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default BRUSHLESS CRAZZZZY!!!!!!!

Yeah,I know what u mean Ed,I was checking out the knew issue of RC Driver and the Hpi Vorza looks like a hellava buggy.With a Flux 2200kv brushless motor and a Blur ESC.....WOOOHOOO.Let alone the other companys with there brushless 8th scales,Hot bodies VE8,Jammins X-2E,there is even knew brushless 1/8 truggy and buggy from MRC with 2700kv motor and a 120A programmable speed control with 2 4000mah lipos for $500 bills, not bad.
revoluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:08 AM   #6533
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Dont forget OSR, that fuel also in the state of California is known for causing cancer
Glow Igniter also gives funny feeling when put on your tongue
revoluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:18 AM   #6534
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default Nitro

I know about all of these things because all of them happened to me! I still cant find that @$%&*# orange cap for my fuel bottle!

I'm not anti-nitro. I just find electric more fun because of its simplified consistency.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:23 AM   #6535
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerman View Post
Welcome Mike! Little bit of a climate change?
Dammit, it ain't cold enough! Lets see some sub zero temps.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:24 AM   #6536
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSR View Post
1. FUEL - Toxic liquid housed in a bottle that is deuched all over ones car during pit stops. Botttle is usually left at driver-stand by fueller/mechanic/marshall/buddy who was doing nothing on mon thru sunday anyway
2. Glow plug - Expensive little piece of red hot wire. Known for being thrown in the trash even though brand new "how can three peoples glow igniters be dead?
3. Starter box - Heavy lump that could contain a used 78 yamaha street bike battery. Usually made of metal and has plastic nubs that are just a marvelous piece of engineering. The way some people use them I'm not sure if they start cars or if they're somehow using it as an ab-crunch
4. Glow Igniter - used to heat wire. Only accurate depending on pressure and angle in relation to the top of the glow plug. Usually borrowed by the guy in the dickies and plain white tee who is using it to try to start his buddies car while leaning over it with cig in mouth as he lifts the lid on the fuel tank to make sure there's fuel in it... Yeah, that's safe

OSR...all true but don't be a hater when i still beat you with my underpowered, flameout prone, pit stop needed, lean bogging, hot exhaust, MBX6
lovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:31 AM   #6537
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSR View Post
Don't forget about clutch springs getting soft, clutch shoes hanging up and causing mysterious engine cut-offs, clutch shoes wearing and slipping, air leaks in the backplate and underneath the carb, throttle servo getting weak or breaking under stress. engine running too lean or too rich on top and vice versa, piston and sleeve need pinching or replacement(cost to replace almost a price of another engine), worn bearings, and conrod snapping.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:33 AM   #6538
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by robwike View Post
WOHOO, location for TC3Mike is : East Freedom PA. Welcome.
Thanks Rob, I arrived in town about 10:00 pm Friday. I beat the storm and the roads were bone dry all the way.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:39 AM   #6539
Tech Regular

I don't dislike nitro either but right now I think brushless/lipo is less expensive at the moment for me. Its one less servo, fuel, clutch parts, plugs, and starterbox, and pitman.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:41 AM   #6540
Tech Regular

What is everybody doing today on this beautiful Sunday morning?