Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default whatup man

Originally Posted by revoluv
Issac, whats up buddy.I remember you telling me awhile back about stripping your revos chasis with oven cleaner,what exactly did you use and what kind? I wanted to strip some alumimum parts of this blue colored dye and that came to mind!
long time no see, how you been man?
yeah, i dunno if you know or not, i sold my revo and everything revo related with it, have no interest in monster trucks anymore, and i still have the t and e maxx if i want to bash lol all truggy now, and i'm going up tomorrow to pickup my new Slash 4x4 PE, so i'll be running those to classes this spring..

anyway, back to your ?,,
it's realy simple, get the regular heavy duty oven cleaner, just make sure you get the stuff in the Yellow can, the other (citrus smelling- better for the enviorment crap) wont do a thing.

wear rubber gloves, take yer anodized aluminum outside, i usaly set it on the sidewalk or something, and just spray it down realy good, then let it soak for a good 15 mins, i usaly spray more on if it evaporates in that time.
then just simply take the water hose and off goes the color!
if you have trouble getting it all off (it tends to be hard to get off in corners and tighter spots) just use a peice of scotch brite while it's soaking.

if it doesnt all come off, spray it again and repeat the process!, also, scotch brite the whole peice with a little more oven cleaner to get the "haze" off of it.
probably could polish it to if you had that much time lol
Old 01-27-2010, 05:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just been waiting patiently for all this s@$ty weather to pass Yeah I sold my revo also and my mini mgt and mgt 4.60.The only monster truck I have is my savage xl and t maxx.I still got my Cen Matrix truggy that I been building on to race this year.I also bought the rtr losi 8ight 2.0 I love it.Also building on it.I got into electric twards the end of last year with a team academy gv2 pro with a 6400 losi brushless and a Hpi e-firestorm flux.I also wil be racing slash this year.I heard the 4x4 slash is awesome.I see that jammin came out with a 4x4 short course truck also.Will you be racing anymore electric stuff this year?Thanx for the info on the oven cleaner the parts on my losi rtr are blue but Im gonna change that
Old 01-27-2010, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by OSR
It's not confidence, it's Brad! I spent two full days with him which included to road trips in Ed's van. All he could talk about is how he's been smokin' everyone at Altoona. You race at Altoona so I guess you've been smoked by him as well. I've recently raced against Brad and finished ahead of him both times. So if I'm smokin' him and he's smokin' you....... do the math
Originally Posted by rallyebmx
Ahhh, enough said
I somehow knew I was going to get drug into this!
Old 01-27-2010, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by OSR
It's Atsushi Hara ! You must have learned to spel using the forum as you dictionary
Yes Michelle(your Formula UHHH name) eye no how two spell! Eye huve lerned too speel drazticly buter cinse i huve strated reeding theis threed!

My GOD I just gave my self a headache! I knew it was At--sushi or some other fish name!
Old 01-27-2010, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Nighthawk
long time no see, how you been man?
yeah, i dunno if you know or not, i sold my revo and everything revo related with it, have no interest in monster trucks anymore, and i still have the t and e maxx if i want to bash lol all truggy now, and i'm going up tomorrow to pickup my new Slash 4x4 PE, so i'll be running those to classes this spring..

anyway, back to your ?,,
it's realy simple, get the regular heavy duty oven cleaner, just make sure you get the stuff in the Yellow can, the other (citrus smelling- better for the enviorment crap) wont do a thing.

wear rubber gloves, take yer anodized aluminum outside, i usaly set it on the sidewalk or something, and just spray it down realy good, then let it soak for a good 15 mins, i usaly spray more on if it evaporates in that time.
then just simply take the water hose and off goes the color!
if you have trouble getting it all off (it tends to be hard to get off in corners and tighter spots) just use a peice of scotch brite while it's soaking.

if it doesnt all come off, spray it again and repeat the process!, also, scotch brite the whole peice with a little more oven cleaner to get the "haze" off of it.
probably could polish it to if you had that much time lol

That stuff works great for cleaning grime off of pipes as well!
Old 01-28-2010, 03:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default the pipe

It wont hurt a pipe if some of the spray gets inside [the tunned part] will it?
Old 01-28-2010, 05:10 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by OSR
It's not confidence, it's Brad! I spent two full days with him which included to road trips in Ed's van. All he could talk about is how he's been smokin' everyone at Altoona. You race at Altoona so I guess you've been smoked by him as well. I've recently raced against Brad and finished ahead of him both times. So if I'm smokin' him and he's smokin' you....... do the math
so Brad is god and Mike is the ruler of the entire universe? I've got the munchies...

My wife signed the kids up for soccer...SOCCER???? My boy wanted to wrestle and play football...she's killing me! I believe all of the games will be on Saturday. It looks like most of the off-road races are on Sunday so I'm ok with it for now.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by revoluv
It wont hurt a pipe if some of the spray gets inside [the tunned part] will it?
Won't hurt to get some spray inside the pipe. Just spray it out with water and if you don't want to wait for it to dry just stick it in the oven at 175-200 for a while so the water can evaporate. Or before you clean the pipe, plug the stinger and pressure nipple so water and oven cleaner can't get inside.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by KARO
Won't hurt to get some spray inside the pipe. Just spray it out with water and if you don't want to wait for it to dry just stick it in the oven at 175-200 for a while so the water can evaporate. Or before you clean the pipe, plug the stinger and pressure nipple so water and oven cleaner can't get inside.
What he said!
Old 01-28-2010, 12:27 PM
Tech Regular

Why would it harm the inside of a tuned pipe? Can oven cleaner actually break down the weld? Your more likely to harm the pipe in a crash.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:09 PM
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TC3MIKE
Why would it harm the inside of a tuned pipe? Can oven cleaner actually break down the weld? Your more likely to harm the pipe in a crash.
go electric
Old 01-28-2010, 05:03 PM
Tech Regular

Electric is FASTER. Except when its time to pit.:P

Last edited by TC3MIKE; 01-28-2010 at 06:03 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Anyone have some decent spare servos they wanna part with? I could use a few if you wanna part with them for a decent price
Old 01-28-2010, 06:21 PM
Tech Regular

Exclamation

Disregard this. It was dated 6 months ago.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TC3MIKE
Disregard this. It was dated 6 months ago.
Are you moving this weekend? If so be safe!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.