R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-13-2010, 06:08 AM   #6376
Tech Fanatic
 
robwike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 753
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

CPAURL= Central PA Underground Racing League

It is a pretty cool group. They decide 5 minutes before it is time to leave, to go to some out of the way track to race.
__________________
Altoonaraceway.net - Central PA's Finest in R/C Offroad racing !

Last edited by robwike; 01-13-2010 at 09:05 AM.
robwike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:02 AM   #6377
Tech Regular
 
KARO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robwike View Post
CPAURL= Central PA Underground Racing League

It is a pretty cool group. They decide 5 mintues before it is time to leave, to go to some out of the way track to race.
Sounds cool
KARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:07 AM   #6378
Tech Fanatic
 
robwike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 753
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

They were having a blast with spur of the moment racing towards the end of last summer.

See Tom, I-Zuk or Matt for membership details
__________________
Altoonaraceway.net - Central PA's Finest in R/C Offroad racing !
robwike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:29 AM   #6379
OSR
Tech Fanatic
 
OSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 761
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARO View Post
Yes, but I don't want to spend the $$ on the mount, speeder, motor, LiPo's, charger, etc. If everyone was jumping over to electric scale then maybe I'd drop the money to make the change. I've only ran a couple for 10 minutes or so and they are very fun to drive. They are very smooth if the speeder/motor combo is setup properly. Much cleaner than nitro and no worries about flaming out, getting douched at pit stops, etc. I'm not sure on how they are on run time but I think that 15 minute mains are not a problem. You should see about a 1/2 second per lap difference (slower) when you have the nitro motor in. I don't personally care if you run it with the nitro buggies but it wouldn't be fair. Are you going to Motorama next month...I'm thinking about it but I might just run my kids slash...the fumes last year in the nitro building were killing me. They are sure to have a decent electric scale turnout.
It is expensive and that is one of the reasons that people are going to stay nitro. I know myself that if I hadn't sold most of my 1/10 scale stuff on ebay I wouldn't have taken the plunge either. It was never my intention to run with the nitros at Altoona or anywhere. Yes I'm going to motorama and yes the last time I was there the fumes near the drivers stand were terrible.
OSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:36 AM   #6380
Tech Fanatic
 
robwike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 753
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Window stickers are here. Those who are expecting them, they will mail today.

And for reference, that is a hot chocolate splash on the wall. To the nekked eye it looks like someone needed a tissue
Attached Thumbnails
ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM-dsc01331.jpg  
__________________
Altoonaraceway.net - Central PA's Finest in R/C Offroad racing !
robwike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:24 PM   #6381
Tech Elite
 
rallyebmx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,864
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARO View Post
Sounds cool

Not liking it Sam? We had a blast this summer with last minute planning, trying new stuff, meeting new people, etc.
__________________
cpaurl
rallyebmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:23 PM   #6382
Tech Elite
 
Gearhead racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Somewhere in PA
Posts: 2,020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyebmx View Post
Not liking it Sam? We had a blast this summer with last minute planning, trying new stuff, meeting new people, etc.
Were do i send my resume for CPAURL?
__________________
"Seeing the world on 2 wheels"
Losi Ten-T SCTE~Tekin SC4X 4.5~ Tekin RX8
Gearhead racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:27 PM   #6383
Tech Master
 
Nighthawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cogan Station, PA.
Posts: 1,859
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Warning:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARO View Post
Tom - What the heck is "cpaurl"?

Any information about "CPAURL" Is Classified, and strictly enforced.

Please reframe from your interest unless contacted directly via Private message, email, "unknown numbered" phone call, or Registered letter.




Transmission number:44379B
c.p.a.u.r.l. Spec Ops dept.
Location unknown.
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:34 PM   #6384
Tech Elite
 
Gearhead racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Somewhere in PA
Posts: 2,020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
Any information about "CPAURL" Is Classified, and strictly enforced.

Please reframe from your interest unless contacted directly via Private message, email, "unknown numbered" phone call, or Registered letter.




Transmission number:44379B
c.p.a.u.r.l. Spec Ops dept.
Location unknown.
__________________
"Seeing the world on 2 wheels"
Losi Ten-T SCTE~Tekin SC4X 4.5~ Tekin RX8
Gearhead racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:35 PM   #6385
Tech Master
 
Nighthawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cogan Station, PA.
Posts: 1,859
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default .

Quote:
Originally Posted by robwike View Post
CPAURL= Central PA Underground Racing League

It is a pretty cool group. They decide 5 minutes before it is time to leave, to go to some out of the way track to race.


The above post is pure speculation.
CPAURL does not claim, nore agree with any of the above listed.
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:44 PM   #6386
Tech Master
 
Nighthawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cogan Station, PA.
Posts: 1,859
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default "membership"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead racer View Post
Were do i send my resume for CPAURL?
CPAURL is strictly a "contact only" Agency,and carries no address, place, or person of contact.

If a person of interest is brought to light. further investigation will then be completed. the individual will then be notifed apon activation.
__________________
WWW.TMRLARGESCALE.COM
Threshold Racing
WWW.RICHFIELDRACEWAY.COM
LCRC "the best offroad on the eastcoast."
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:10 PM   #6387
Tech Elite
 
Gearhead racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Somewhere in PA
Posts: 2,020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
CPAURL is strictly a "contact only" Agency,and carries no address, place, or person of contact.

If a person of interest is brought to light. further investigation will then be completed. the individual will then be notifed apon activation.
Alright..LOL
__________________
"Seeing the world on 2 wheels"
Losi Ten-T SCTE~Tekin SC4X 4.5~ Tekin RX8
Gearhead racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:53 PM   #6388
Tech Champion
 
morris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: jersey shore pa
Posts: 5,564
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

cpaurl is like fight club...nobody is to spread the rumor of fight club.but since there is interest then the people are spreading the rumor of cpaurl.
in this case the chosen people may be allowed to join.but on these circumstances.....well im not allowed to say.........
__________________
AE/VIPER/XPERT/DIRTCHEAPRC.COM/JCONCEPTS
A big thx to all the tracks that I race at:cause if it wasnt for these guys..we wouldnt have a place to race our r/c cars!!!
morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:11 AM   #6389
Tech Addict
 
NeverATiteLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gallitzin, PA
Posts: 580
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARO View Post
Yes, but I don't want to spend the $$ on the mount, speeder, motor, LiPo's, charger, etc. If everyone was jumping over to electric scale then maybe I'd drop the money to make the change. I've only ran a couple for 10 minutes or so and they are very fun to drive. They are very smooth if the speeder/motor combo is setup properly. Much cleaner than nitro and no worries about flaming out, getting douched at pit stops, etc. I'm not sure on how they are on run time but I think that 15 minute mains are not a problem. You should see about a 1/2 second per lap difference (slower) when you have the nitro motor in. I don't personally care if you run it with the nitro buggies but it wouldn't be fair. Are you going to Motorama next month...I'm thinking about it but I might just run my kids slash...the fumes last year in the nitro building were killing me. They are sure to have a decent electric scale turnout.
Myself and brain D are both in for slash at motorama, There should be a good turn out in all the classes. i know there were at least 2-3 heats of 1/8th scales there for hobbyrama and if i recall correctly there were 44 slashes. Brian talked to Luke at hidden hanger and they are expecting the same or more as far as turn outs based on pre-registration
__________________
MBX6-ECO
The 4 most famous words in motor sports: SECURITY TO THE PITS!!!
NeverATiteLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:39 AM   #6390
Tech Regular
 
KARO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 330
Default

Alrighty then! If Tom is a member (allegedly) I would not want in anyways. J/K I like to know where I'm going in advance.

Tom - BTW, Hopefully I can race Altoona regularly...looking forward to laying the smack down on you weekly this year. Seriously, looking forward to the upcoming season. It also looks like two of my kids are playing sports this year so hopefully it doesn't interfere with racing too much. I may have went racing a total of 5 times last year....
KARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ALTOONA RACEWAY 1/10 SCALE ELECTRIC TROPHY RACE gixxerman Racing Forum 2 08-13-2008 03:17 PM
R/C Pilots Welsome at the Altoona Raceway - Altoona, PA Reznor88 RC Flight 0 01-14-2008 06:11 PM
SPECIAL EVENTS COMING AT THE ALTOONA RACEWAY - ALTOONA, PA Reznor88 Racing Forum 1 01-14-2008 06:10 PM
SPECIAL EVENTS COMING AT THE ALTOONA RACEWAY - ALTOONA, PA Reznor88 Electric On-Road 0 01-06-2008 05:27 PM
altoona raceway morris Racing Forum 0 05-26-2007 09:13 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:09 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net