R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 01-10-2010, 05:41 PM   #6301
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default E-buggy

I bought a Hot Bodies D8 kit and also a Tekno conversion for it. I'm going to run the tekno kit at motorama and at Altoona as long as there is a competetive class for electric 1/8 scale. If not, I wil build the D8 as a nitro and race Altoona in the very competetive 1/8 scale nitro class. I also have a B44 and would like to see a full field of those at Altoona or maybe see Mod Truck become what it once was. I remember days when Altoona had anywhere from 12-15 people in Mod Truck.
I do agree that electric 1/8 scale needs to be its own class. Its major advantage over nitro would have nothing to do with the car car itself, but instead would free up marshalls that with nitro are having to split time as fuelers and wrenchers. I've been at Altoona when there has been a light turn-out on raceday, it's hard to fuel your buddy up and turn a competitors car over at the same time. But whatever turns out to be the class with the most competition is the class that I will run.

I haven't had the chance to meet you (Rob) personally, but from what I hear you are ready to provide everyone a place to race,compete,and have fun. Thanks for the welcome to the forum and the track.
OSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 05:52 PM   #6302
Tech Adept

Default SLASH 4x4

hey just wanted to say i will have a slash 4x4 and about 3 other friends will to will thier be a motor tire or any type of roar rules or track rules that may apply to what can or cant be done
Old 01-10-2010, 06:05 PM   #6303
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSR View Post
I bought a Hot Bodies D8 kit and also a Tekno conversion for it. I'm going to run the tekno kit at motorama and at Altoona as long as there is a competetive class for electric 1/8 scale. If not, I wil build the D8 as a nitro and race Altoona in the very competetive 1/8 scale nitro class. I also have a B44 and would like to see a full field of those at Altoona or maybe see Mod Truck become what it once was. I remember days when Altoona had anywhere from 12-15 people in Mod Truck.
I do agree that electric 1/8 scale needs to be its own class. Its major advantage over nitro would have nothing to do with the car car itself, but instead would free up marshalls that with nitro are having to split time as fuelers and wrenchers. I've been at Altoona when there has been a light turn-out on raceday, it's hard to fuel your buddy up and turn a competitors car over at the same time. But whatever turns out to be the class with the most competition is the class that I will run.

I haven't had the chance to meet you (Rob) personally, but from what I hear you are ready to provide everyone a place to race,compete,and have fun. Thanks for the welcome to the forum and the track.
mike,
do you still have your type-r?
if so you should come to richfield sometime with it.
as for motorama...that was a joke last year...dont know if i am down for another session like that again.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:14 PM   #6304
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSR View Post

Mike

I still have my B44 and my mod truck, along w/my slash and a blitz. Not totally sure who all still has their 4wd mod buggys, but I am in. Also myself and Brian D will both be in for mod truck and last i heard Brian R will be making the trip pretty much weekly so that means another mod truck and buggy. So we should be good on the mod classes, now if i can figure out which 2 classes i want to run cuz there is no way in hell I am running 3
Old 01-10-2010, 07:49 PM   #6305
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by morris View Post
i was really thinking about buying a conversion kit for the 8.
then i wouldnt have to worry about what glow plug to run engine tuning flame outs...charge up a battery and go have fun.
I am really thinking about not being friends with you anymore now. Good day sir
Old 01-10-2010, 08:10 PM   #6306
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine View Post
Mike

I still have my B44 and my mod truck, along w/my slash and a blitz. Not totally sure who all still has their 4wd mod buggys, but I am in. Also myself and Brian D will both be in for mod truck and last i heard Brian R will be making the trip pretty much weekly so that means another mod truck and buggy. So we should be good on the mod classes, now if i can figure out which 2 classes i want to run cuz there is no way in hell I am running 3
You can count me in for mod 4wd or mod truck!! I'd love to see both get going again!
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:39 PM   #6307
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by audio18man View Post
hey just wanted to say i will have a slash 4x4 and about 3 other friends will to will thier be a motor tire or any type of roar rules or track rules that may apply to what can or cant be done
i'm gettin one reeaalllyy soon too! PE Edition

as for rules, i'd like to see PE spec trimed out, any tires you want (sct tires) allow steel axles when there avalible, and MUST run 3CELL LIPO!! HAHAHAHAHA
LCRC "the best offroad on the eastcoast."
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:09 AM   #6308
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyebmx View Post
I am really thinking about not being friends with you anymore now. Good day sir
lol
i never said nitro was out of the question....
i just hope that i get some reliable equipment/i mean reliable mmmmaintence...haha
Old 01-11-2010, 04:21 AM   #6309
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default paid up

just paid my membership this morning. ready to race
Old 01-11-2010, 05:02 AM   #6310
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a 1/10 team Academy mod buggy and a hpi modtruck,so im in for electric class.I will also be in for 1/8 truggy and 1/8 buggy.
revoluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:02 AM   #6311
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Mike

Mike,

Membership packet will ship out tomorrow morning. We look forward to racing with you.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:07 AM   #6312
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Looking forward to meeting all the knew members this season.
revoluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:31 AM   #6313
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

OSR (McGhee) - Welcome back to the forum!

Its possible that I might have both electric and nitro 1/8 scale this spring. My only suggestion is to keep nitro 1/8 scale and electric 1/8 classes separate. I have little or no interest racing electric vs nitro or vice versa.

LCRC Raceway and Bumps & Jumps.

Last edited by Ed237; 01-11-2010 at 07:41 AM.
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:39 AM   #6314
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hello Ed, I thought you disappeared. I haven't seen you on here in a bit.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:22 AM   #6315
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed237 View Post
OSR (McGhee) - Welcome back to the forum!

Its possible that I might have both electric and nitro 1/8 scale this spring. My only suggestion is to keep nitro 1/8 scale and electric 1/8 classes separate. I have little or no interest racing electric vs nitro or vice versa.
Yes I agree Edward. The industry has changed as far as available cars and classes go. There are just too many and it makes it hard for race track owners to figure out what to do. Like I said , I wil race in the most competetive class there is. I'm not anti-nitro as long as there is enough fuelers and marshals in the pits and on the track.