R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 01-05-2010, 03:08 PM   #6196
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to TC3MIKE

Cool, will do Rob. Heres a sample I did for a racer in Savannah, Georgia for his Hot Bodies D8.

TC3MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:34 PM   #6197
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Looks great Mike. Good youre back!
Old 01-05-2010, 03:45 PM   #6198
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Last edited by robwike; 01-05-2010 at 04:54 PM.
robwike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:48 PM   #6199
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Dont you have to get your truggy dirty first? LOLO
revoluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:59 PM   #6200
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by robwike View Post
The guards help keep the horse and cow shit off of the R/C vehicles. Its an ol' hillbilly trick. This trick only applies to people that actually put their vehicle on the track to race though. Being that there is no mud in the back of a pick up heading home.
I was just checking to see if you knew the real reason. Let me know if you need more hillbilly tricks.
Answer-RC/TLR/Futaba
Snow Monkey Racing
hambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:12 PM   #6201
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default To be honest

To be perfectly honest Mr Hamm. I don't like your attitude, your negativity and your attempts to ruin our thread/track here.

You have posted on our thread three times in 5 months and it's been nothing but drama. I kept my mouth shut the first time. Now I am choosing not to.

You came up here along with 27 other people. We had rain that morning as recent as 5 am. You seen the track was wet. YOU chose to run your truggy. Your truggy got dirty, then you leave, come on the forum running your mouth and have nothing nice to say. Of the 28 people here that day, your the only cry baby of the bunch.

I took the Altoona Raceway from a brush pile, run down track full of rocks and full of drama to a decent family place where everyone could feel welcomed.

You sir, are not welcome. You probably had no intention to anyway, but be fore-warned, as long as I run and own this track you WILL NEVER RACE there again.

And as far as the flaming on our thread, I ask that to stop too. If you have nothing to say that is nice or encouraging, keep your mouth shut, about me, the Altoona Raceway or my racers.

Stay off my thread and my track Mr Hamm, GOOD DAY
Old 01-05-2010, 04:18 PM   #6202
Tech Regular

If you guys look really closely to my buggy, you can see my homemade mudgaurds I made from left over molding from a protoform body. Mudguards really help to keep alot of build up off your shocks, linkages, and shaft.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:18 PM   #6203
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robwike View Post
To be perfectly honest Mr Hamm. I don't like your attitude, your negativity and your attempts to ruin our thread/track here.

You have posted on our thread three times in 5 months and it's been nothing but drama. I kept my mouth shut the first time. Now I am choosing not to.

You came up here along with 27 other people. We had rain that morning as recent as 5 am. You seen the track was wet. YOU chose to run your truggy. Your truggy got dirty, then you leave, come on the forum running your mouth and have nothing nice to say. Of the 28 people here that day, your the only cry baby of the bunch.

I took the Altoona Raceway from a brush pile, run down track full of rocks and full of drama to a decent family place where everyone could feel welcomed.

You sir, are not welcome. You probably had no intention to anyway, but be fore-warned, as long as I run and own this track you WILL NEVER RACE there again.

And as far as the flaming on our thread, I ask that to stop too. If you have nothing to say that is nice or encouraging, keep your mouth shut, about me, the Altoona Raceway or my racers.

Stay off my thread and my track Mr Hamm, GOOD DAY
are you serious.....?
wow i didnt see that coming.....
Old 01-05-2010, 04:23 PM   #6204
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC3MIKE View Post
Cool, will do Rob. Heres a sample I did for a racer in Savannah, Georgia for his Hot Bodies D8.

Mike, looks good!!! I will need some pointers as I'm trying to learn the art of airbrushing as well. But my stuff doesn't look that good!
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:26 PM   #6205
Tech Addict

I agree rob,I dont even no this guy and everyone I talk to dont like him.Bad attitude!!!!!I heard also that this is the same guy that caused all the grief at Drums track.
revoluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:29 PM   #6206
Tech Regular

Well think of it this way, if your a sponsered racer or a diehard local you won't complain about the track being too wet or too dry. Alot of factory drivers around the world raced/qualified in the rain and mud at the Farm II in Charlotte, NC 2 years ago and they never complained. Just think about the job on hand and suck it up. Its offroad and its going to get dirty.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:35 PM   #6207
Tech Regular

Hey Brad, I'll be more than happy to show you how I do it. First thing is to pick out a good gravity fed airbrush and always keep it clean and free from dry paint.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:38 PM   #6208
Tech Master

Everyone RELAX! This is exactly what he wanted. I think we all know by now the only thing he runs good is his mouth. And yes, this is how Mr. Ham ruined the Drums thread, so let it go and don't pay any attention to him.

Last edited by gixxerman; 01-05-2010 at 04:57 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:46 PM   #6209
Tech Regular

Guys, alot of drivers down south been using KAL-GUARD prep&shine w/ cherry scent. You spray it on the chassis and parts but not the body. It prevents the dirt or mud from sticking.

http://www.kalgard.com/products/products.asp?cat=14
Old 01-05-2010, 04:55 PM   #6210
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC3MIKE View Post
Hey Brad, I'll be more than happy to show you how I do it. First thing is to pick out a good gravity fed airbrush and always keep it clean and free from dry paint.
I have that part covered Mike. I have a Iwata that I'm trying to learn to use, or that you can teach me to use!