R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 12-20-2009, 08:03 PM   #6121
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default yeah

yeah great idea's Rob!
i will be back for 2010 with my truggy, and probably slash too.
wont make everyraceday with traveling so much, but will be around
count me in for a membership
LCRC "the best offroad on the eastcoast."
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:30 AM   #6122
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyebmx View Post
Anybody left down there still running tc somewhere?
Im out till motorama
Old 12-21-2009, 07:34 AM   #6123
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Tom, I still have my touring car and I'm going to get up to Richfield soon. I'm going to assume there is no race this friday. Hopefully I'll be able to make it in January. The track looks great on the website.

LCRC Raceway and Bumps & Jumps.
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:07 PM   #6124
Tech Master

Default Club Richfield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed237 View Post
Tom, I still have my touring car and I'm going to get up to Richfield soon. I'm going to assume there is no race this friday. Hopefully I'll be able to make it in January. The track looks great on the website.
Hey Ed.
Looking forward to seeing you down there man, the next race day there is set for jan 8th. hope you can make it! the turnout keeps getting bigger and bigger such a great time!
Old 12-21-2009, 02:16 PM   #6125
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed237 View Post
Good deal Ed. I full on love the tc now. Is there any other tc tracks around you've hit?
Old 12-21-2009, 04:27 PM   #6126
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Unfortunately, I dont know of any other touring car tracks within 100 miles of me other than Richfield. Alex Kubilus told me about a track in Beaver where the carpet is Ozite and the competition is top notch but I just havent had the time.

I recently picked up a B4 and raced it a few times at McCulloughs since outdoor ended. I'm been pleasantly surprized about how fun it is to race 2wd mod.

LCRC Raceway and Bumps & Jumps.
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:14 PM   #6127
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Damn- Beaver is a bit far for me. We might hit Horsham around Christmas, but thats far too
Old 12-22-2009, 07:29 AM   #6128
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PADIRTLMJUNKIE View Post
We ran under slash spec rules:6 cell or 7.4 lipo.stock servo,motor,esc,can change,radio,receiver,and shock caps to aluminum. No ball diffs.
Is there a problem with the stock shock caps?
KARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:14 AM   #6129
Tech Master

Default yeah they suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARO View Post
Is there a problem with the stock shock caps?
they will be the first thing that blows lol

on hard landings and stuff they pop right off.
go to the aluminum ones and your good to go
Old 12-22-2009, 11:13 AM   #6130
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
they will be the first thing that blows lol

on hard landings and stuff they pop right off.
go to the aluminum ones and your good to go
+1
PADIRTLMJUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:39 AM   #6131
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default gearing

Can anyone give a opinion on what pinion and spur I should use if I have a 6400 kv brushless in a 1/10th buggy.The internal gear ratio is 2.42.1 I would appreciate any positive input.Thank You
revoluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:41 AM   #6132
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine View Post
These rules are great for the advanced racer but not so good for the beginner. There is no doubt in my mind (after running all 4 SCT's) I would run my blitz with ALL the electronics from the slash. Now with that being said how many beginners are going to want to spend 200ish for a blitz just to ditch all the electronics and spend another 100ish to buy all the electronics from a slash. Personally I dont care if the rules stay as they are in altoona OR if they switch the rules to the same ones as McC's I have a spare set of electronics from a slash that i can throw into my blitz as well as keeping a stock slash together to run. but IMHO if your trying to keep the cost down to attract new ppl, McC's rules are not the way to go
You dont have to change it all at once. The rules evolved to fit the problems that people were having. The Associated guys were loosing speed controls right out of the box, smoked, just during shake down runs. The blitz guys were loosing servos, the stock ones were smoked. The Losi guys were having all kinds of problems and they are just now starting to get them worked out and the slash guys were solid. So the point is that you dont need to make changes to be compitetive, but if something goes dead on your truck cause it's cheap, should you buy another peice of crap because of some rule or should you get one that has been working for other people. That is how you save money! If new guys come to the track and have problems, the interested ones, the ones who are likely to come back, start walking around and asking for advice and alternitives. Now, at McC's, they have an alternitive and can help them out. For it being a bad idea, it sure works well so far. Corr is turning into the 1/8th scale of electric racing. See ya at the Xmas race...DEC. 26th.
crazysavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:57 PM   #6133
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by robwike View Post
We have gotten a few new racers for the 2010 race season at the Raceway.

Trevor Kephart, his kids and wife joined. He used to come to the track back in 07. Racing 1/8 Scale Buggy, Truggy and Slash

Josh Sheperd has joined for next year. He also was a member two years ago. Truggy and Buggy.

Kyosho Gary is back for next year. Racing 1/8 Scale Buggy and Slash

Doug ( can't remember his last name ), will be racing Truggy and 1/8 Buggy.

Everyone else.,,, if you send a new person that buys a membership, you receive $5 ( for each one ) off your membership for next year.

Membership fees for 2010 are as follows.
Single person membership $25.00

Family membership $40.00
( Family means immediate family..parents and children and/or wife/girlfriend.)

I will be adding an option on the website to join via the internet, and pay by Paypal. You will also be able to join and pay cash as usual. Membership for 2010 will become available on Janurary 1st.

Membership packet will include:
Membership at track
3 sets of R/C vehicle stickers that say " Altoona Raceway"
A Window cling for your real car
A Bumper sticker for your real car or Pit gear
A membership card for track
A punch card like the Sheetz coffee cards (Race 5 times next visit free)
Use of the off-road track and dirt oval at anytime.

Also, new for 2010, want to treat someone to a day of racing.? Buy a Gift Certificate good towards race entries.

As more things come about, I will keep you posted.
Rob count me in and caint wait to see and race with everyone in 2010. great to hear more new guys some new and some older altoona racers are back

everyone have a great and safe holidays.

Rob any word on sweatshirts? thanks
brian roeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:17 PM   #6134
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by revoluv View Post
Can anyone give a opinion on what pinion and spur I should use if I have a 6400 kv brushless in a 1/10th buggy.The internal gear ratio is 2.42.1 I would appreciate any positive input.Thank You
If this is the motor you have:http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...s-Motor-6400kV
Your going to have to do some research around the forum! Its a Sensorless motor which means a completley different gear than what we're accustomed to! It also might be tooooooo much motor for a 2wd vehicle on dirt. The Sensorless motors are dead out of the hole then like a light switch because of their extremley high RPM's!

I think Ed tried to run the Castle 4400KV Sensorless motor in his 4wd(?) buggy and took it out because it was to much for the car and the track.

If you have not purchased it yet I'd look at getting something with a Sensored design maybe in the 6.5-8.5 range that would be more "controlable" for the track. Maybe one of these:http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...less-Motor-65T

Or if your set on going with the Losi brand:http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...otor-Combo-35T this is a SENSORED set-up.

Last edited by gixxerman; 12-22-2009 at 02:42 PM.
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:24 PM   #6135
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysavage View Post
You dont have to change it all at once. The rules evolved to fit the problems that people were having. The Associated guys were loosing speed controls right out of the box, smoked, just during shake down runs. The blitz guys were loosing servos, the stock ones were smoked. The Losi guys were having all kinds of problems and they are just now starting to get them worked out and the slash guys were solid. So the point is that you dont need to make changes to be compitetive, but if something goes dead on your truck cause it's cheap, should you buy another peice of crap because of some rule or should you get one that has been working for other people. That is how you save money! If new guys come to the track and have problems, the interested ones, the ones who are likely to come back, start walking around and asking for advice and alternitives. Now, at McC's, they have an alternitive and can help them out. For it being a bad idea, it sure works well so far. Corr is turning into the 1/8th scale of electric racing. See ya at the Xmas race...DEC. 26th.
I couldn't agree more!!! I still am not able to figure out why anyone would want to spend $30 on a servo that keeps blowing up 4 or 5 times over a season?????? Four dead servos for $30 a pop = $120.00---that's a brand new JR 9100 servo with a LIFETIME WARRANTY!!!!

Last edited by gixxerman; 12-22-2009 at 02:49 PM.
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote