R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-07-2009, 08:10 PM   #6091
Tech Addict
 
revoluv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 547
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Knew class

I know I talked to a few people at the last couple of races about getting a mod truck and I finailly got one.I also,yesterday ordered a 2wd mod buggy so I will be joining the electric class next year.Both are brushless,so I cant wait.Matt Dzaibo,I still will be getting ahold of ya soon.
revoluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:18 AM   #6092
Tech Master
 
gixxerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by revoluv View Post
I know I talked to a few people at the last couple of races about getting a mod truck and I finailly got one.I also,yesterday ordered a 2wd mod buggy so I will be joining the electric class next year.Both are brushless,so I cant wait.Matt Dzaibo,I still will be getting ahold of ya soon.
What kind of buggy did you get Jim?
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:24 AM   #6093
Tech Addict
 
revoluv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 547
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Lovin electric!!!!!!!

I got a HPI E-FIRESTORM FLUX mod truck and I got a Team Academy GV2 PRO.I already drove the HPI at the track a few weeks ago and I cant believe I didnt got into electric a long time ago.It is fun as hellThe Academy will need a brushless motor so I am trying to decide on what would work best on a 1/10 buggy.Any ideas Brad?
revoluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:59 AM   #6094
Tech Master
 
Ed237's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dudley PA
Posts: 1,431
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

I wouldnt go lower than an 7.5T in 1/10 Buggy. I have a 8.5 in B4 and its perfect for me.
__________________
Ed Toth

LCRC Raceway and Bumps & Jumps.
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:31 PM   #6095
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Earth?
Posts: 99
Default

So what are the rules at Tunna for sct trucks? we would like to get there this comming year Thanks
1988forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:25 PM   #6096
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Altoona,PA.
Posts: 543
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1988forever View Post
So what are the rules at Tunna for sct trucks? we would like to get there this comming year Thanks

We ran under slash spec rules:6 cell or 7.4 lipo.stock servo,motor,esc,can change,radio,receiver,and shock caps to aluminum. No ball diffs.

More than likely we will adopt the sct rules allowing any brand,with kit specific on motor,esc,and tires.Hope to see you next year with us.
PADIRTLMJUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:30 PM   #6097
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Altoona,PA.
Posts: 543
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed237 View Post
I wouldnt go lower than an 7.5T in 1/10 Buggy. I have a 8.5 in B4 and its perfect for me.
Ed, I wish I would have got the 8.5 instead of the ballistic 7.5. Way to much for my skills.lol! I did not get to mess with the timing with it though. Hope to get it better next season, or trade it for a good 8.5.
PADIRTLMJUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 04:37 PM   #6098
Tech Master
 
gixxerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by revoluv View Post
I got a HPI E-FIRESTORM FLUX mod truck and I got a Team Academy GV2 PRO.I already drove the HPI at the track a few weeks ago and I cant believe I didnt got into electric a long time ago.It is fun as hellThe Academy will need a brushless motor so I am trying to decide on what would work best on a 1/10 buggy.Any ideas Brad?
Yes I have a idea Jimbo, buy the 6.5 or 7.5 Novak's I will have up for sale soon $35 each! Also 2 GTB's one for $75.00 FIRM or a GTB Spread Spektrum with LiPo cut-off $115.00 FIRM!
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 04:53 AM   #6099
Tech Master
 
Ed237's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dudley PA
Posts: 1,431
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Brian, If you have a Ballistic Motor you dont need the entire motor. You can just switch to a 8.5 motor 'can' for $45
__________________
Ed Toth

LCRC Raceway and Bumps & Jumps.
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 06:17 AM   #6100
Tech Addict
 
NeverATiteLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gallitzin, PA
Posts: 580
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerman View Post
Buy a T-4! Any- speedo, motor, battery, tires, servo!
amen!!!
__________________
MBX6-ECO
The 4 most famous words in motor sports: SECURITY TO THE PITS!!!
NeverATiteLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:01 AM   #6101
Tech Addict
 
NeverATiteLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gallitzin, PA
Posts: 580
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine
Default motorama

I just got a e-mail with all the info for motorama 2010, So check your in-boxes if your interested in going, or send me a PM w/your e-mail address and ill fwd it to you!!!
__________________
MBX6-ECO
The 4 most famous words in motor sports: SECURITY TO THE PITS!!!
NeverATiteLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:45 PM   #6102
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Altoona,PA.
Posts: 543
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine View Post
I just got a e-mail with all the info for motorama 2010, So check your in-boxes if your interested in going, or send me a PM w/your e-mail address and ill fwd it to you!!!
Brent, I think I saw some info on bumps forum a couple weeks back and it was like 75$ a class. Is that what your email says? I thought it was to be like 45$ and that is way too much! LMK if your still wanting to go as there will be a cut off and you will need reserved parking.

I looked on the site and it looks like 45$ for electric pre-register. LMK what up....

Last edited by PADIRTLMJUNKIE; 12-15-2009 at 02:53 PM.
PADIRTLMJUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:19 PM   #6103
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,121
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PADIRTLMJUNKIE View Post
Brent, I think I saw some info on bumps forum a couple weeks back and it was like 75$ a class. Is that what your email says? I thought it was to be like 45$ and that is way too much! LMK if your still wanting to go as there will be a cut off and you will need reserved parking.

I looked on the site and it looks like 45$ for electric pre-register. LMK what up....
The electric 1/10th side that Hidden Hanger is going to run is 45 first class and 30 for the second class. Last I saw that is what Luke had posted. Since he posted that alot more guys posted that they are going to race.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:00 AM   #6104
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Altoona,PA.
Posts: 543
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
The electric 1/10th side that Hidden Hanger is going to run is 45 first class and 30 for the second class. Last I saw that is what Luke had posted. Since he posted that alot more guys posted that they are going to race.
Thanks Brian, I thought I read that they posted a price then changed up to another 15$ bucks or something like that. Im glad the Hanger and Luke are running the electric side of things.Hobbyrama was fun and hope to make it down and run Motorama this year.
PADIRTLMJUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:17 AM   #6105
Tech Addict
 
NeverATiteLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gallitzin, PA
Posts: 580
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PADIRTLMJUNKIE View Post
Brent, I think I saw some info on bumps forum a couple weeks back and it was like 75$ a class. Is that what your email says? I thought it was to be like 45$ and that is way too much! LMK if your still wanting to go as there will be a cut off and you will need reserved parking.

I looked on the site and it looks like 45$ for electric pre-register. LMK what up....
I havent really had a chance to look closely at it. Glad Brian cleared that up. Short and sweet, $45 im in, $75 im out.....i'll give u a call this evening Brian D.
__________________
MBX6-ECO
The 4 most famous words in motor sports: SECURITY TO THE PITS!!!
NeverATiteLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ALTOONA RACEWAY 1/10 SCALE ELECTRIC TROPHY RACE gixxerman Racing Forum 2 08-13-2008 03:17 PM
R/C Pilots Welsome at the Altoona Raceway - Altoona, PA Reznor88 RC Flight 0 01-14-2008 06:11 PM
SPECIAL EVENTS COMING AT THE ALTOONA RACEWAY - ALTOONA, PA Reznor88 Racing Forum 1 01-14-2008 06:10 PM
SPECIAL EVENTS COMING AT THE ALTOONA RACEWAY - ALTOONA, PA Reznor88 Electric On-Road 0 01-06-2008 05:27 PM
altoona raceway morris Racing Forum 0 05-26-2007 09:13 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:43 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net