R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 12-05-2009, 10:23 PM   #6076
Tech Adept

Default Slash servo

On the slash servo topic i am on both sides both sides have copletely valid points in terms of what should be done i belive that what the track owners say is thier rules out of respect for the owner should be followed to the letter they are trying to maintain a state of fun and non dramatic enviroment that can easily become a heated debate on everything from servos to batteries always respect the track owners wishes with that being said i will tell you a track owner would rather have u thier than not so talk to them if by chance u win the race or heat it may end up u have to forfiet the race or come to some kind of comprimise remember it is all about fun and for nobody to have a high stress level thier is always a solution in terms of the problems with the servo stripping you described i dont know your expierence level but i will tell u that the servo savers that are on the slash do work well but overtime dust and dirt accumulates inside the sevo saver making the internal spring bind thus turning the servo saver into a servo horn because of bind also it is much cheaper to only replace the gears in the servo instead of buying a new servo talk to the track owners parts should be available for you try to support the tracks hope you found this helpful
Old 12-06-2009, 05:05 PM   #6077
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by audio18man View Post
On the slash servo topic i am on both sides both sides have copletely valid points in terms of what should be done i belive that what the track owners say is thier rules out of respect for the owner should be followed to the letter they are trying to maintain a state of fun and non dramatic enviroment that can easily become a heated debate on everything from servos to batteries always respect the track owners wishes with that being said i will tell you a track owner would rather have u thier than not so talk to them if by chance u win the race or heat it may end up u have to forfiet the race or come to some kind of comprimise remember it is all about fun and for nobody to have a high stress level thier is always a solution in terms of the problems with the servo stripping you described i dont know your expierence level but i will tell u that the servo savers that are on the slash do work well but overtime dust and dirt accumulates inside the sevo saver making the internal spring bind thus turning the servo saver into a servo horn because of bind also it is much cheaper to only replace the gears in the servo instead of buying a new servo talk to the track owners parts should be available for you try to support the tracks hope you found this helpful
Hey bro whats up? You ever get that sc10? I think we will go with sct rules next year opened up to all sct like bumps rules. There rules are the best set out there! All trucks legal but keeping it kit specific on tires and electric componants. Hope to see you next season as it was a blast racing with ya! Always clean and competitive. Thats what its all about. Have a great Holiday season bro....
PADIRTLMJUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 05:22 PM   #6078
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by PADIRTLMJUNKIE View Post
Hey bro whats up? You ever get that sc10? I think we will go with sct rules next year opened up to all sct like bumps rules. There rules are the best set out there! All trucks legal but keeping it kit specific on tires and electric componants. Hope to see you next season as it was a blast racing with ya! Always clean and competitive. Thats what its all about. Have a great Holiday season bro....
hey man just trying to keep up with life i truly enjoyed racing u as well very clean,competitive, and the most fun ive ever had at a track never got an sc10 ran into financial roadblocks mainly an empty piggy bank i do wish to be back next summer for a few races cant afford to do every race but will do my best you take care and have a great holiday also man i think that for the rules it should be open to the other sc trucks they all have advantages and disadvantages u take care man
Old 12-06-2009, 07:15 PM   #6079
Tech Master

All this talk about what you can put where on a Slash: you can run whatever your heart desires in a MOD Truck!!!!!
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 07:16 PM   #6080
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by audio18man View Post
hey man just trying to keep up with life i truly enjoyed racing u as well very clean,competitive, and the most fun ive ever had at a track never got an sc10 ran into financial roadblocks mainly an empty piggy bank i do wish to be back next summer for a few races cant afford to do every race but will do my best you take care and have a great holiday also man i think that for the rules it should be open to the other sc trucks they all have advantages and disadvantages u take care man
Nathan, good to heqar from ya!!! Hope we see you next summer!!! Have a nice Holliday(s)!
Old 12-06-2009, 08:03 PM   #6081
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default servo specs

Btw, i dont think the ? was ever anwsered about the specs.
they are:
125oz .16 sec

and to note, the 2075 used in the slash is the same as the 2070 , with added waterproofed case ect. EVERYTHING inside of the 2070, is the EXSACT same as the 2075, same ratings, same electronics ect. ect.

the 2070 is also sold at a slightly cheaper price.
I currently run a 2070 in my slash, simple because the old 2075 burned up on me, due to it being used in my revo for throttle dutys. I still have the 2075 case in my box if any track operator, dispite them being the same servo, gives me a hard time lol.

The traxxas 2070/2075 is more then enough servo for what it does in the slash, it's fast enough, strong enough, and digital.

oh and to add, someone asked about a servo saver, they due use one, mounted right on the servo. the servo is mounted verticaly, and the servo saver can be removed very easy from the bottum of the truck without removing anything else. unlike the traxxas rustler and bandits.
LCRC "the best offroad on the eastcoast."
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 05:32 AM   #6082
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Something to consider for the short course classes next year:

McCulloughs requires than you run stock or spec short course trucks as they are sold in the box with NO upgrades. You can run any short course vehicle (SC10, Slash, Strike, etc) so long as you dont change anything. They require you run the vehicle with the motor, esc, and tires as it is sold out of the box. I think thats a good idea because it keeps costs down for people who are starting out.

They do allow you to change things like shock oils and and grind down tires but if you are ready to start upgrading servos, tires, and ESCs, you should consider Mod Short Course (Which was also the biggest class the last 2 times I was down there).

LCRC Raceway and Bumps & Jumps.
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 06:14 AM   #6083
Tech Apprentice

Ed re-check those rules thats not what they say!
STOCK CORR TRUCK RULES:

- Any 2wd RTR CORR TRUCK KIT

- Must run stock motor and any speed control included with RTR CORR Truck

(Racers may change speed control to ANY other manufacturers speed control included with the RTR CORR KIT)

- The tires that came with your RTR CORR TRUCK KIT must be run. The only condition that has to be met with tires is that the side wall must have the lettering on the side so that they can be identified as the correct tire. Worn down / Grinding tires down is permitted as long as the lettering is still on the sidewall. Traction compound is permitted.

- Battery types: Any 2s 7.4v lipo pack, or 6 cell sub C pack.

Last edited by 1988forever; 12-07-2009 at 06:33 AM.
1988forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 06:50 AM   #6084
Tech Regular

I would think that as long as the servos don't have issues (low torque, stripping gears, bad circuit boards, motor, etc.) they would be good. All of the slashes I have seen running seem to steer well. I will tear my sons down and rebuild it to make sure everything is right...don't trust the chinese sweat shop workers.
KARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:19 AM   #6085
Tech Master

OK - Thanks 88Forever. Apparently I missed a few things about the McCulloughs rules. I aphologize for that.

The main thing is that the McCulloughs rules are working really well and creates a mostly level playing field for the manufacturers and racers in the stock class.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:37 AM   #6086
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I suspected Traxxas used a nice servo for the slash. I wouldn't change it if I had one. It's better than the one I started with in the 8ight.
maya butreax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:54 PM   #6087
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maya butreax View Post
I suspected Traxxas used a nice servo for the slash. I wouldn't change it if I had one. It's better than the one I started with in the 8ight.
Matt, I have run the same one through carpet last year and all out door and 0 problems. 125 oz of torque is plenty for a slash.They are cheap to buy also. I have a new back up from ebay 35$. you can get them all day like that for 35 to 40 bucks. IMHO thats a good servo for the price. I have replaced the servo saver though as they tend to bind after getting real dirty.
PADIRTLMJUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:46 PM   #6088
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1988forever View Post
Ed re-check those rules thats not what they say!
STOCK CORR TRUCK RULES:

- Any 2wd RTR CORR TRUCK KIT

- Must run stock motor and any speed control included with RTR CORR Truck

(Racers may change speed control to ANY other manufacturers speed control included with the RTR CORR KIT)

- The tires that came with your RTR CORR TRUCK KIT must be run. The only condition that has to be met with tires is that the side wall must have the lettering on the side so that they can be identified as the correct tire. Worn down / Grinding tires down is permitted as long as the lettering is still on the sidewall. Traction compound is permitted.

- Battery types: Any 2s 7.4v lipo pack, or 6 cell sub C pack.
These rules are great for the advanced racer but not so good for the beginner. There is no doubt in my mind (after running all 4 SCT's) I would run my blitz with ALL the electronics from the slash. Now with that being said how many beginners are going to want to spend 200ish for a blitz just to ditch all the electronics and spend another 100ish to buy all the electronics from a slash. Personally I dont care if the rules stay as they are in altoona OR if they switch the rules to the same ones as McC's I have a spare set of electronics from a slash that i can throw into my blitz as well as keeping a stock slash together to run. but IMHO if your trying to keep the cost down to attract new ppl, McC's rules are not the way to go
Old 12-07-2009, 03:58 PM   #6089
Tech Master

Yeah, what do they know anyhow?!?!?

Old 12-07-2009, 05:15 PM   #6090
Tech Master

Buy a T-4! Any- speedo, motor, battery, tires, servo!