R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 11-28-2009, 06:13 PM   #6061
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by robwike View Post
Believe it or not, right prior to leaving for down there, it started to snow. Enough that I was using my wipers to go to the store. I didnt want to risk heading two hours away without knowing the weather.

We will certainly make it there very soon.

lol yeah i hear that, i was kinda in the same boat, i ended up having to make a late trip to Wellsboro Pa. for work, and didnt get off at 5:00 like i was hoping, anyway, it was snowing realy hard up that way, some places i couldnt see 20 feet in front of the van it was coming down that hard lol, but i kept calling Rob H. who was already at richfield, and kept asking if it was snowing there (2 hours away) clear as could be down there and stayed that way lol.
so about half of my trip was snow, oh what fun huh! lol

I and many other's look forward to racing with you guys hopefully next friday
LCRC "the best offroad on the eastcoast."
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:22 PM   #6062
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Ed

Hey Ed, PM me your email address. I will send that picture to you.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:43 PM   #6063
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Victory Side

Any of you guys close to Johnstown. I need something picked up for my wife's gift. Id sooner pay you to get it and ship it then trust a complete stranger. LMK Thanks Aaron
Victory Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:52 PM   #6064
Tech Fanatic

Default aaron,

Hey, how soon does it need picked up? We are only 35 or 40 mins from J-Town.

PM me the details, I will help you out.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:34 AM   #6065
Tech Regular

I'm getting my son (6) a slash for x-mas...so he doesn't have to run my scale anymore. Or I can run it if he can't come. Maybe if there is enough little guys or newbs running we can have a sportsman class. Is it ok if we run a different radio, receiver, servo? & LiPo's are ok? or do they need to NiMh packs? I don't have a big LiPo charger...just a small one for receiver packs. I'm probably going to get a new Mugen for next year, alot of the parts on mine are out dated because I got one of the first run.
KARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:27 PM   #6066
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARO View Post
I'm getting my son (6) a slash for x-mas...so he doesn't have to run my scale anymore. Or I can run it if he can't come. Maybe if there is enough little guys or newbs running we can have a sportsman class. Is it ok if we run a different radio, receiver, servo? & LiPo's are ok? or do they need to NiMh packs? I don't have a big LiPo charger...just a small one for receiver packs. I'm probably going to get a new Mugen for next year, alot of the parts on mine are out dated because I got one of the first run.
Change out radio,receiver. must run stock servo. 6 cell or 7.4 lipo ok. kit specific on tires,motor,esc.
PADIRTLMJUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:34 AM   #6067
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PADIRTLMJUNKIE View Post
Change out radio,receiver. must run stock servo. 6 cell or 7.4 lipo ok. kit specific on tires,motor,esc.
Thanks! Will probably buy a couple LiPo's and a charger early next year.
KARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:08 AM   #6068
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I have a general question that I want to get some opinions on concerning stock servos and rules. Garland's rules are about the same and for the life of me, I can't figure out how someone is going to obliterate the field because of a servo. If you ask me, allowing the changing of radios gives more of an advantage over the servo.

Last edited by jmackani; 12-03-2009 at 08:28 AM.
jmackani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 11:56 AM   #6069
Tech Fanatic

I had the same question.

The servo upgrades have to do with torque and speed, however, so slight on a SLASH.

What it really boils down to, if they start allowing different servos, then it will be different shocks, different motors and so on.

But I agree on the radio. My 3pk has much more I could with performance than the stock traxxas radio.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:09 PM   #6070
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackani View Post
I have a general question that I want to get some opinions on concerning stock servos and rules. Garland's rules are about the same and for the life of me, I can't figure out how someone is going to obliterate the field because of a servo. If you ask me, allowing the changing of radios gives more of an advantage over the servo.
simply put, when I switched out my slow, low torque servo for a high speed high torque one in my b44 I gained almost 3 seconds a lap, took out all the pushing issues i had and better overall handling. So I think it would have the same relative effect on a slash, my slash, no matter how i set it up always has a lil bit of a "natural" push due to the design. That push could be easily corrected with a high speed/torque servo. Thats one reason, the other reason I can think of is the class was "spec" to help keep cost down for ppl just getting into it. The Kit cost 200ish RTR. The price of a decent sigh speed/touque servo is $80 (i pay 110 for the ones i use) So if you open up the servo rule I would have a servo in my slash that costs over 1/2 of what the whole kit costs. So bottom line to eliminate newb's or the less financed teams from spending extra cash to keep up with the big dogs it is just easier to keep the servos stock......just how I see it
Old 12-04-2009, 05:25 AM   #6071
Tech Fanatic

Default Ed

Hey Ed, did you get the picture I sent? What do you think?
Old 12-05-2009, 08:51 AM   #6072
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just for the record, what is the torque & speed of the stock slash sevo?
Does the slash use a servo saver? Those things also limit steering.
Why not allow any servo of equal or lesser rating?
maya butreax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:55 AM   #6073
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by maya butreax View Post
Just for the record, what is the torque & speed of the stock slash sevo?
Does the slash use a servo saver? Those things also limit steering.
Why not allow any servo of equal or lesser rating?
i personally dont know the specs on it....it does use a servo saver! As far as using one of = or lesser ratings I doubt you would find one for the price that u can pic up a new traxxas one
Old 12-05-2009, 03:38 PM   #6074
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Why does everyone in this area try to go around or complain about what rules 95% of the country goes by???? If it aint broke dont fix it!!!!!!!!LOL!
PADIRTLMJUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 03:59 PM   #6075
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

The reason why I question it is because I am not seeing the servo thing enforced. There are quite a few slash vehicles at the races that I do not see running stock servos. I will be the first to admit that I don't have one in my son, Ethan, slash because of durability. The young guys put a hurting on the front end compared to the better drivers and if I kept buying the stock servos, I probably would have bought another slash by now. I do agree on the keeping in the mindset of the speed controller and motor remaining stock. Like others have said, I race for fun and let's face it we are not going to be making a living off these hobbies in our lifetime. The funny part is most of these rules are based off of some subset of the ROAR rules. I can't seem to find anywhere in the ROAR rules where servos, radio's, and speed controllers are addressed at all in the short course rules.

Last edited by jmackani; 12-06-2009 at 09:30 AM.
jmackani is offline   Reply With Quote