ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM >

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Old 10-05-2009, 06:34 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PADIRTLMJUNKIE
WORD!!!! Nice talking with you as well Brian. I really agree with the way you all are going about things. It takes all the speculation out of thing as well!
Trying are best to be fair to all. We are not taking this decision lightly and are putting alot of time in and trying to get Bumps ready for opening day as well.

Maybe next year Altoona and a few other tracks could get a 4 or 5 track points series race for Slash and some other classes. Kinda like the PA Nitro Tour does for oval. Run points for each race and at the end of the 5 track series have points winners for the series. Has worked fantastic for the oval racing. If promoted well it could work.

For example start the series off at Bumps in lets just say April. They one at PitSTop, Garlands. Altoona, and maybe one or possibly two more tracks. Just a thought.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Trying are best to be fair to all. We are not taking this decision lightly and are putting alot of time in and trying to get Bumps ready for opening day as well.

Maybe next year Altoona and a few other tracks could get a 4 or 5 track points series race for Slash and some other classes. Kinda like the PA Nitro Tour does for oval. Run points for each race and at the end of the 5 track series have points winners for the series. Has worked fantastic for the oval racing. If promoted well it could work.

For example start the series off at Bumps in lets just say April. They one at PitSTop, Garlands. Altoona, and maybe one or possibly two more tracks. Just a thought.
That would be great! We are running a mini series at the moment and Slash is low on the totum pole, running a series between those tracks would be awesome for slash/sct. A++++
Old 10-05-2009, 07:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

With the turnout for the SCT at Garlands this week, I would definately think he would be interested in being a part of the series next year.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

I have no idea how this turned into a track ethics situation. I called you out because you seemingly took a shot at the track and all the racers in attendance which was sort of straigtened out. As far as "stirring the pot" goes, it's not needed in this thread!

To be perfectly honest after reading those posts I had to use the facility. While sitting there I chose the May 2009 issue of Xtreme RC from my archive of personal material. Intrestingly enough I came across a article (wich somewhat applies here) entitled "10 Things To Do Before You Die......well how about before you quit RC?". Which indicates #7 of 10 as:

NOT COMPLAIN AFTER A RACE ONLINE.......I know it's hard. The Internet allows you to be a prick and (for the most part) not have to look the people that you are talking to in the eye. I've many times stuck to the ideal that if I can't say it to your face it probably shouldn't be said. So after a race your screaming sour grapes because you lost and it had nothing to do with your skill or a bad week but was due instead to the fact that it ran 45 minutes late, the bathrooms were dirty, the boards weren't yellow.... just sit there and think how YOU could make the event better next time around. Venting on the Internet is accepted behavior these days but it doesn't make it right. Man up.

Last edited by gixxerman; 10-05-2009 at 07:41 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Slash series

I certainly would be up for a Slash Point Series next spring. It would benefit everyone involved.

Hell, I may even break down and buy one. Brian? still got one for sale? LOL
Old 10-05-2009, 07:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by gixxerman
I have no idea how this turned into a track ethics situation. I called you out because you seemingly took a shot at the track and all the racers in attendance which was sort of straigtened out. As far as "stirring the pot" goes, it's not needed in this thread!

To be perfectly honest after reading those posts I had to use the facility. While sitting there I chose the May 2009 issue of Xtreme RC from my archive of personal material. Intrestingly enough I came across a article entitled "10 Things To Do Before You Die......well how about before you quit RC?". Which indicates #7 of 10 as:

NOT COMPLAIN AFTER A RACE ONLINE.......I know it's hard. The Internet allows you to be a prick and (for the most part) not have to look the people that you are talking to in the eye. I've many times stuck to the ideal that if I can't say it to your face it probably shouldn't be said. So after a race your screaming sour grapes because you lost and it had nothing to do with your skill or a bad week but was due instead to the fact that it ran 45 minutes late, the bathrooms were dirty, the boards weren't yellow.... just sit there and think how YOU could make the event better next time around. Venting on the Internet is accepted behavior these days but it doesn't make it right. Man up.
+1
Old 10-05-2009, 08:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hambone
Well, well ,well where ya been good buddy? I'm working it and my other sponsor would be laughing his butt off right now. Well Rob i believe you salvaged something that was gone for the most part. Lets call it raising the dead then. So i'll see everybody this sat at blue diamond for the roar race, right? Already got a roster chalked full of the best racers on the eastern side of the country. I see names from new england to north carolina.
Blue Diamond for sure... I'm taking one on chin on the home front to hit it. My wife is a saint for putting up with my R/C addiction. If I could just get my son (5yrs old) to latch on to it I would be home free with the old lady.

Remember Rob... Keep coming back it works!... if you work it.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:06 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by gixxerman
I'm in for mod Brian, congrats on your A-main finish!!!!!!
Thankyou. I talked with Roeder and he had alot of good things to say about the direction that Altoona is heading in for the track and how alot of changes are coming in the future. Sounds like you guys will really be dialed for next year.

Look forward to making it up next year since I'm back to offroad.

Guys appreciate what you have because while it might seem easy to run a track and accomadate everyone I can assure you it is harder to do than doing my real job.

Brian
Old 10-05-2009, 08:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Final Finish order

Here are the final finish order for this past Saturday. In case you are keeping track of Points Standing for yourself:

SLASH:
1. Brent Benedict
2. JD Blair
3. Brian Daugherty
4. Mike Cleary
5. Michael McMullen

TRUGGIE:
1. Mike Cleary
2. Kevin
3. Isaac
4. Big John
5. Mike Regester
6. Aaron Benner

Buggy:
1. Ed Toth
2. Kevin
3. Jeff Boyles
4. Forest Benner
5. Justin Lance
6. Aaron Benner
7. Nason Benner
8. Brad Blontz
9. Matt Morris
10. Michael McMullen
Old 10-05-2009, 08:43 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Ed leading the points in buggy. Way to go. Hope to catch you sometime this winter. Miss racing touring in the winter with you and the other guys from a few years back. Alot of great fun.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:05 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by robwike
I certainly would be up for a Slash Point Series next spring. It would benefit everyone involved.

Hell, I may even break down and buy one. Brian? still got one for sale? LOL

LOL! Rob! I think my other slash may be sold! My Dad had a blast watching us for the first time Sat. [said he wants to come play next year]LOL!
He is a dyehard rc pilot at the moment and would only run a few times, mostly when it is too windy to fly. He is not in real good health[73 OLD] and I think he wants to just spend some time with his son, so I think Ill be setting up a truck for him to come play when he has the time. The idea that Reigle has contemplating [pro and regular sct] or our women/novice class would suit him well. Having my family at the track for the first time messed with my head Sat. a little and the added pressure made me feel I tried to hard and choked some . That was the first time my wife saw a rc race let alone the whole family and they all had a blast. On the other hand I realized once again that rc truly takes away from family time and it is special if you can enjoy it together and spend that time among one another.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:11 AM
Tech Addict

Default Brad sending you pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Crab leggs! Thanks for the congrats. check your pm!
Old 10-06-2009, 04:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

wyd - I wish Matt and Gixxer didnt have problems and that Stober and CR could have been there, but Kevin and Jeff were running good and a win is a win.

I feel like I have a target on my back now!

I would like to make it to Bumps and Jumps a few times this winter. It all depends if there's a mod trucks or mod 4wd buggies class on the weekends I can make it. I've heard a lot of good things about that track.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:53 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by PADIRTLMJUNKIE
LOL! Rob! I think my other slash may be sold! My Dad had a blast watching us for the first time Sat. [said he wants to come play next year]LOL!
He is a dyehard rc pilot at the moment and would only run a few times, mostly when it is too windy to fly. He is not in real good health[73 OLD] and I think he wants to just spend some time with his son, so I think Ill be setting up a truck for him to come play when he has the time. The idea that Reigle has contemplating [pro and regular sct] or our women/novice class would suit him well. Having my family at the track for the first time messed with my head Sat. a little and the added pressure made me feel I tried to hard and choked some . That was the first time my wife saw a rc race let alone the whole family and they all had a blast. On the other hand I realized once again that rc truly takes away from family time and it is special if you can enjoy it together and spend that time among one another.
The coolest this is to hang with your dad. They will not be around for ever so don't miss the opportunity to race with him. DOn't worry about the pressure. I know my dad don't race be I ride scooters with my dad every weekend it is nice. Not the little 50cc ones either...........my ass is too big for that kind. We have the big 250 and 400 sized ones. We try to ride every Sunday or every other depending on whats going on. Been doing this for the last year and it has been one of the best things I could of ever done. We also have another guys that rides with us too with his 400 scoot. Normal weekend is 100 to 130 miles with a few breaks and lunch in their. No matter what happens down the road I will always have great memories!!!!!!!!

We would run just a Novice class in general if we had enough kids/adults that are just learning. Normally it is run what you brung type of class because you never know what the beginners will have to run. It is on having fun not winning. A place to get experiance and learn.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:57 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Ed237
wyd - I wish Matt and Gixxer didnt have problems and that Stober and CR could have been there, but Kevin and Jeff were running good and a win is a win.

I feel like I have a target on my back now!

I would like to make it to Bumps and Jumps a few times this winter. It all depends if there's a mod trucks or mod 4wd buggies class on the weekends I can make it. I've heard a lot of good things about that track.
Well problems can be worked out sooner or later. Lets hope sooner.

Ed mod truck looks to be an great class this year. Alot of the nitro truck guys bought stadium trucks for the winter season. 4wd will be ok and some weeks will be better than others. If you have both you will always have enough to run in one of those classes.

Yeah an arrow looking for a target.........Ed your the moving target. Opening hunting is just around the corner. I hope you have no pouchers up your way.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.