Old 08-29-2009, 09:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

the truth
Old 08-29-2009, 09:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Todays Race

Thanks for all that attended, waited out the weather and got into some great racing. Track turned out to be fantastic.

Tom Stober won 1/8th scale.
Aaron Benner from Richfield won Truggy
Ed Toth won the "Run what you brung Electric" race today.

Jared and Michael, great racing, you two.

Thank you to Aaron, Nason and Forest for making the trip. The Richfield guys are great people.

My only regret is, I wish the news crew would have came an hour later than they did. But, Altoona will gain racers from the new publicity.

Once again, thanks to all that helped today. And the food/refreshments were wonderful

Penelec, for anyone that didn't get to attend, is running us a line.
We are getting power very shortly. No more generators. Also, parking lot is getting paved on Monday.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
Keys to Morris' future win......
vehicle maintenance vehicle maintenance vehicle maintenance vehicle maintenance vehicle maintenance vehicle maintenance vehicle maintenance vehicle maintenance vehicle maintenance vehicle maintenance vehicle maintenance vehicle maintenance vehicle maintenance vehicle maintenance vehicle maintenance vehicle maintenance vehicle maintenance vehicle maintenance vehicle maintenance vehicle maintenance vehicle maintenance vehicle maintenance vehicle maintenance vehicle maintenance vehicle maintenance vehicle maintenance vehicle maintenance vehicle maintenance
there goes tom bustin my balls again
Old 08-29-2009, 09:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default I forgot

I forgot to mention,

B-Rad "Break-it" Blontz won the " Bust what ya brung" class
Old 08-29-2009, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Looked good on TV Rob

Originally Posted by robwike
Also, parking lot is getting paved on Monday.
Sweet, so I should order this on Monday......

Old 08-29-2009, 10:32 PM
Tech Master

Default another great race day!

Where to start,, hmm,
It's true,, i'm at the pits getting ready to be the fuel guy, and over my head i hear Brad calling out "Isaac, have you seen my car??" I of course thought it was some kind of sick "B-Rad joke" lol, long story short, i found the thing fraulicking in a mudd puddle on the other end of the track.. hmm,,,

Anyway, back to more normal news,,
Track was simple perfect today, cant beleave the 180 the weather pulled off.
Rob H., yeah man, bout an hour after you left, clear blue skys, and it dryed up nicly, and became as most of the people there said to be the "best surface they'd ever seen at the track period"
Thanx for the fuel btw!! good stuff, was very happy with it, seemed to work well, once i got my engine in tune it ran very well and consistent with it.

Aaron, as always, and mostly with truggy, i ALWAYS have a blast chasing you, and today was no different! had a total blast!! cant wait to do it again!
Nason, Forest, Awsome racing today, to bad about the breakages. look forward to getting back out to altoona with you guys, and of course rippin up the Rainfield Raceway!

Jim, to bad about the breakdowns, realy was looking forward to mixin it up with you in Truggy again, Will catch you next time though!

Buggy guys, as always, im amazed at the driving, and today was a good Clean A-main, nice job! good to see people giving room.
Saw a couple full contact launches off the triples,, and most of them were landed by all vehicals involed! nice!

Rob W. nice job today, thanx again for another great race day, The wife is antisapating "Our" return, with her soon to be pink slash lol
The whole electric thing sounds sweet,,

Tom, Let me know what you think of your monster nitro TC, i'm sooooooo in! hahaha
Old 08-30-2009, 05:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

That was the most fun I've had at the track in a long time. The top 4 1/8 scale qualifiers were again, only separated by 6 seconds. The main was going to be tight. Unfortunately TQ Morris flamed out and Brad got some hemp rope stuck in his weels.

Congrats Stober- you controlled the main, but AE and myself were hanging in there and almost stole it on the last lap. You dont know how bad I want some victory photos taken right under the new Associated banner!

I want to thank Rob for working on the track all morning so we could race and and I would like to thank Aaron, Nason and Forrest for making the trip from Richfield.

Unfortunately, the weather limited your practice but you guys were all on the pace by the main. I can tell you guys are getting better every weekend. I was really impressed with how well Forrest is driving for his age. I think he has some real talent.

I wish the other truggys could have stayed. The track was awesome by 5. My cars dont have any mud in them or on them after 3 rounds of qualifying and the mains.

Isaac - as usual - great pit stops!
Old 08-30-2009, 06:28 AM
Tech Champion

yea the track was awesome...i havent seen altoona like that in a long time.
great job rob.....you rock...

thx to everyone else there to.
thank you tom for engine help.....untill the next round where it all acted up again...lol

isaac-you the bomb big homey....
Old 08-30-2009, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Yeah-that sucked for you Matt! I wish this stuff was cheaper! A new 2.0 and NEW engine would be the best route.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:30 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
Yeah-that sucked for you Matt! I wish this stuff was cheaper! A new 2.0 and NEW engine would be the best route.
yea i know man...i wish it was cheaper myself...
Old 08-30-2009, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by robwike
I forgot to mention,

B-Rad "Break-it" Blontz won the " Bust what ya brung" class
It definatley wasn't a good day in the B-rad camp! Bent a Dog Bone in the T-4, busted a shock shaft on the B-44, forgot to put my rx lid on in the third nitro qualifier, lost the air filter cap in the third nitro qualifier (thank you Iaasic for finding it), found rope tightly wrapped around my front suspension (wich after further inspection must have been preventing steering movement because my servo saver is trashed), bent the throttle linkage, and last but not least lost my entire car before the third qualifier (thank you again Iaasic for retrieving it)! And God only knows what else I'll find when I do my 2000 point maintenance check up this week!
Old 08-30-2009, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Hey Toth, how'd you know what kind of rope it was??????? Strange???!?!?!? Could you have wanted a picture under the banner THAT bad?

I have hired Bob Stritmatter to conduct a investigation into the dissapearing car/rope incedent.

Old 08-30-2009, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Default .

toth, how could you!

thanx for the shoutout's guys, glad that what i do helps out. I realy enjoy it all. you guys are all great to hang out with, and enjoy this hobby with!
Couldnt have had a better b-day, Awsome!
Old 08-30-2009, 10:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Looks like you guys had a blast,glad you got her in! Altoona did well at Hobby-Rama with J.D. making the A main and got 9th after bumping up with the B main win! Good job J.D. you put in some smooth laps!!!! Brent and I did, well sucked!!! 5th and 6th in the b main. You could look at it that we all did good as there was 32 slash's and some good drivers where in the D,and C main. We all had a blast and was nice to root each other on down there!!!!!!!! Looking forward to being back in action at home in a couple weeks.[9/20th]. Till then rock on all!!!!!!

Last edited by PADIRTLMJUNKIE; 08-30-2009 at 10:53 AM.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:38 AM
Tech Addict

thanks brian...it's always good to know how local racers are doing at big races...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.