R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 08-21-2009, 10:32 PM   #5416
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Sunday

Looks like we will have a huge turn out for electric not to mention the large turn out of 1/8th buggy too. Don't forget to bring your M/Ts and Truggies.
robwike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 04:03 AM   #5417
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Today

Was anyone planning to come over to practice around today? I'm gonna be there around 10.
robwike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 05:26 AM   #5418
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine View Post
ELECTRIC IS BACK ALIVE IN ALTOONA!!!!!!!!

I scored a T4 on ebay and traded the nitro killer for a b44 set up. So I am in for slash and either mod truck OR mod buggy starting in a week or 2. I will be equipped to run all three but there is NO WAY I am running 3 classes in one day...if you thought that fox was crazy I would make that think look like a puppy if i tried to run all 3 in one day! Ed, Brad, Brian, I know u all have buggys and or trucks...clean them bad boys up and let sling some dirt!!!!

Thats cool! I may not make the mod truck class by years end but I am definatly in for the spring if it comes back. I need alot to get mine back on the track. Body,lipo.brushless, and some more little back up parts.I intended to throw one back together to hit some indoor this winter and have not put 3 bills in the rc budget for the T4 till winter. Till then SLASH on!!!!!!
PADIRTLMJUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 06:47 PM   #5419
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default RESULTS 8/23/09

That was an extremely productive race day. Thanks to everyone showing up a little early and pitching in we were able to drastically improve the table top which lead to some tight racing.

The top 5 qualifiers in 1/8 scale were only separated by 9 seconds. Naturally, we were all bunched up and had a really good train going for the first 5 minutes. If Sam and myself didnt run into technical difficulties I am confident everyone would have had finnished within a lap of the eventual winner (CR).

Rob did a really good job getting the mains set and moving the raceday along so we could fit in 3 qualifiers with ease.

Todays results:

Slash (sorry we couldnt locate the results sheet for the laps & times)
Brian Dougherty
JD Blair
Mrs Reichard
Brent Benedict

1/8 Truggy Laps / Time - Fast lap
Mr Reichard 29 / 15:02 - 26.29
Jim McClellan 28 / 15:01 - 27.42
Rob Wike 14 / 14:42 19.53?
Matt Dzaibo 2 / 1:07 - 32.91

1/8 Buggy Laps / Time - Fast lap
CR Lovell 34 / 15:09 - 24.68
Brad Blontz 34 / 15:23 - 24.66
Tom Stober 33 / 15:03 - 25.86
Sam Crawford 25 /15:07 - 24.745
Ed Toth 18 / 15:33 - 25.442
Jim McClellan DNS

Ladies Only Exibition Race
Mrs Reichard beat Jackie

LCRC Raceway and Bumps & Jumps.

Last edited by Ed237; 08-23-2009 at 06:58 PM.
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 06:52 PM   #5420
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default blasttttt

What a great turn out everyone. I had a blast and think we have a great group of racers. I hope everyone had fun. Issac, great racing truggy with you and I am goin to try to bring in some other poeple I know that have truggys and will enjoy a good challenge.
revoluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 07:18 PM   #5421
Tech Master

2 Words:
MUGEN DOMINATION!!!
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 07:41 PM   #5422
Tech Adept

sounds like you guys had fun
Old 08-23-2009, 08:15 PM   #5423
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerman View Post
2 Words:
MUGEN DOMINATION!!!
Its about time something else wins besides Jammin-i've been getting tired

CR was untouchable fast today. Brad was fast too!! Ed was right in there. It would have been good to see Sam and CR go at it, but a loose pillow ball ended Sam's run.

Next weekend should be a good 1/8 turnout as the Richfield boys are coming down. The arch nemesis, rival track

The new Altoona track set up is a lot of fun!! Obstacles keep being added, unconventional stuff too-I liked it! Rob and co, are doing an amazing job!!!
rallyebmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 09:03 PM   #5424
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default another great race day!

Hey guys, Awsome day! perfect weather and great racing with alot of great people!

Really enjoying this track, SO fun!
Rob Again thank you so much for doing all you do, your a great asset to the hobby! Congrats on the wins guys! Awsome racing today!! such a clean Buggy A main too!
Jim!, had a great time trying to stay in front of you, man your fast!! sooo looking forward to racing more with you!
Wife had a blast again, she realy loves this track!, and she's getting ssooooo good, im realy shocked at how good she has gotten, and in such a short amount of time, she is actuly runnin with the guys now, already! Get ready for some PINK on the track, we have the new proline body sitting here, and it will be getting a good coat of pink paint, as well as some kinda graphics. lol

On another note, I'd like to say a little something about what i saw on the track when everyone had left, Ed, Rob, myself, and wife, were the only ones left, Shawna and I were packin up "the train", Ed got out his ST, and spent a good amount of time with Rob, teaching, and helping with driving skills, it was very inpressive to see the improvment that Rob made in a short amount of time, But what i found very encoridging was what Ed was doing for him, and not just him, but all of us that race there, knowing or not, he was doing us all a huge service. I truly beleave, the includment in the events fully, of the track owner operator, will not only keep the drive and interest in him, but give him some enjoyment in all the work and time he puts into the track for all of us. i know how hard that is, and you guys that live near by that have been helping him work on the track, i am greatfull to you! as i know everyone else probably feels the same way. Stay with it Rob, your gonna be runnin with them in no time!
Thanx Ed!

See you guys next weekend!

Isaac
LCRC "the best offroad on the eastcoast."
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:11 AM   #5425
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
Hey guys, Awsome day! perfect weather and great racing with alot of great people!

Really enjoying this track, SO fun!
Rob Again thank you so much for doing all you do, your a great asset to the hobby! Congrats on the wins guys! Awsome racing today!! such a clean Buggy A main too!
Jim!, had a great time trying to stay in front of you, man your fast!! sooo looking forward to racing more with you!
Wife had a blast again, she realy loves this track!, and she's getting ssooooo good, im realy shocked at how good she has gotten, and in such a short amount of time, she is actuly runnin with the guys now, already! Get ready for some PINK on the track, we have the new proline body sitting here, and it will be getting a good coat of pink paint, as well as some kinda graphics. lol

On another note, I'd like to say a little something about what i saw on the track when everyone had left, Ed, Rob, myself, and wife, were the only ones left, Shawna and I were packin up "the train", Ed got out his ST, and spent a good amount of time with Rob, teaching, and helping with driving skills, it was very inpressive to see the improvment that Rob made in a short amount of time, But what i found very encoridging was what Ed was doing for him, and not just him, but all of us that race there, knowing or not, he was doing us all a huge service. I truly beleave, the includment in the events fully, of the track owner operator, will not only keep the drive and interest in him, but give him some enjoyment in all the work and time he puts into the track for all of us. i know how hard that is, and you guys that live near by that have been helping him work on the track, i am greatfull to you! as i know everyone else probably feels the same way. Stay with it Rob, your gonna be runnin with them in no time!
Thanx Ed!

See you guys next weekend!

Isaac
+1 ON THE HELP YOU GET AT OUR TRACK! I have only raced for 2 years and it was so intimidating for me at the start,still is to an extent. If it had not been for the help and encouragement from Ed,Brad,CR,Brian Roeder through the process,the frustration of RC would have pushed me away. I am thankfull for all the help I have had and still receive from these top notch people! Had a blast once again and love the track and the vibe that the new Altoona raceway has become! Thanks again Brian Daugherty

PS. Thanks Rob and crew for all you are doing and have done!
PADIRTLMJUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:53 AM   #5426
Tech Regular

Had a great time and the track was better than I've ever seen it. Hopefully I will see everyone at the RAC. I'm out this Saturday and am going on vacation Labor day weekend. May be back again late September. Congrats to CR and all the other winners.

Tom Stober = Too much tire sauce
KARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:59 AM   #5427
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thank you Rob and all of the RC racers at the Altoona track for allowing me the opportunity of more laughs than I could imagine. My respect to all of you as it wasn't as easy from the stand as it is as a spectator. But I had lots of fun. A special thank you to Shana who made it look like so much fun at Richfield.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:53 PM   #5428
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

A big thanks goes out to Rob, Jim, Ed, Brad, and whoever else that is involved with the new direction of the Altoona Raceway...I appreciate all the hard work that all has done so far...

Rob...keep practicing with your car and you will see improvements every time you go out...keep up the good work...

Issac...that was some good driving in the main...nice job...now you just have to work on getting that truck to land nice and easy on all fours after the triple...you know what i'm talking about...doesn't have to be lock to lock just a couple nice and easy turns of the wheel in both direction

Jim...you have some good driving skills...keep up the good work...not sure what happened to the buggy...nice race in truggy...that was some close racing

Slash race was a good one also...back and forth a couple of times...Jd took Brian out and didn't wait for him so later on justice got served...nice race to all in that class...Nice win Brian...Brent that sucked about your shock cap...your slash was fast...not to leave out the new female racer that in my eyes will be battling it out with the leaders in no time is Sheana(sp)...she has a good teacher(Issac) and has great diving skills for only her third time on a track...great to see everyone getting involved...tabletop looked better from the last time I was there, but could use a little more work!

1/8 buggy was some fun racing...Tom had Tq, but faltered in the main...what happened?...Sam, as always, fast and in contention, until front end problems...Ed...now this is a guy that has stepped his game up...too bad you had a fuel tubing issue...you would have been in the race for the win...Brad...nice run...fastest lap...what can i say...you are shut off from any more information...next time you see me I will have a different brand of buggy...i'm done...you are getting too close and that can't be

It is 2:47 am and i guess it is time for some shut-eye...4:30 comes quick

Last edited by lovell; 08-25-2009 at 03:26 AM.
lovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 05:15 AM   #5429
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovell View Post
A big thanks goes out to Rob, Jim, Ed, Brad, and whoever else that is involved with the new direction of the Altoona Raceway...I appreciate all the hard work that all has done so far...

Rob...keep practicing with your car and you will see improvements every time you go out...keep up the good work...

Issac...that was some good driving in the main...nice job...now you just have to work on getting that truck to land nice and easy on all fours after the triple...you know what i'm talking about...doesn't have to be lock to lock just a couple nice and easy turns of the wheel in both direction

Jim...you have some good driving skills...keep up the good work...not sure what happened to the buggy...nice race in truggy...that was some close racing

Slash race was a good one also...back and forth a couple of times...Jd took Brian out and didn't wait for him so later on justice got served...nice race to all in that class...Nice win Brian...Brent that sucked about your shock cap...your slash was fast...not to leave out the new female racer that in my eyes will be battling it out with the leaders in no time is Sheana(sp)...she has a good teacher(Issac) and has great diving skills for only her third time on a track...great to see everyone getting involved...tabletop looked better from the last time I was there, but could use a little more work!

1/8 buggy was some fun racing...Tom had Tq, but faltered in the main...what happened?...Sam, as always, fast and in contention, until front end problems...Ed...now this is a guy that has stepped his game up...too bad you had a fuel tubing issue...you would have been in the race for the win...Brad...nice run...fastest lap...what can i say...you are shut off from any more information...next time you see me I will have a different brand of buggy...i'm done...you are getting too close and that can't be

It is 2:47 am and i guess it is time for some shut-eye...4:30 comes quick
CR, Its always a blast when you come to race. You have a great knowledge base and I learn something new every time your there (even if it is how to draw a straight line on a piece of plywood w/o having a long straight edge). Plus watching you drive w/such consistency is simply amazing!
Old 08-25-2009, 05:31 AM   #5430
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I need to make it out to Altoona one of these days!!! Ive heard decent stuff about this place!
TomTomTuning is offline   Reply With Quote