R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-17-2009, 07:08 PM   #5371
Tech Adept
 
audio18man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orbisonia
Posts: 104
Smile

hey slash guys got a question my servo is junk and i am against putting anouther non metal gear servo in the truck also i found that sc10 servos are metal gear and also only like 13$ new just not digital which driving a slash is like slow motion so lastability to me is more important than digital let me know what you guys think i would rather put a sc10 servo in my slash than traxxas but if you guys say it must stay traxxas i can understand that also all is good thanks gents
__________________
Every day is something new enjoy it for what it is and what u can make it.
audio18man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:24 PM   #5372
Tech Master
 
Ed237's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dudley PA
Posts: 1,431
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Nathan, I dont think servos are part of what is 'Spec' so feel free to get the AE servo if that's the right one for you.
__________________
Ed Toth

LCRC Raceway and Bumps & Jumps.
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:54 PM   #5373
Tech Master
 
Victory Side's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Richfield PA
Posts: 1,908
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Victory Side
Default

Rob, are there any none Sunday events planned. I really want to come up but Sunday's are almost impossible. Let me know Thanks Aaron
__________________
WWW.RICHFIELDRACEWAY.COM
"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." ~Albert Einstein
"Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.'
Victory Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:56 PM   #5374
Tech Fanatic
 
robwike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 753
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Hello

Hi everyone. Sorry for just now posting since we raced. I was really busy today.

Couple things.
1. I called Penelec today about permanent Electric. They are going to do a site visit to see what the cost would be. I will know in a few days.

2. I want to personally thank Brian and Kurt for ALL their help yesterday. You 2 guys are TOP NOTCH. I am checking on the best place to buy our calcium.

3. The race day turned out awesome. Way too HOT but awesome. One extreme to the other in 2 weeks.

I want to thank everyone for coming. Hopefully you all enjoyed the track layout. We will continue to improve the track surface. Most are aware of the rock removal that has happened and will continue to happen.

The triple rocks, tabletop is tricky but cool as well.

Shawna (sp?) racing was very cool. She did wonderful. She marshalled, pitted, and raced.

I really enjoyed meeting Brian, Kurt, Isaac, Shawna, Jared. All of you are welcome anytime at Altoona Raceway.

Just for reference. I know the responsible person is not a member but, There is to be NO Alcohol at the track. I have no problems with people wanting to drink but the track is not the place for it. The Caeser is cheap to join and would love to have you guys there after a race. One warning will be given, next time the person will be asked to leave. Let me repeat this, the responsible party WAS NOT a member, only a spectator.

One final thing before I go for the night. Keep the suggestions coming. I am very approachable, open-minded and able to accept constructive criticism. Let's face it, Altoona Raceway basically belongs to you, the racers. Once you guys are happy, I will be happy.

Good night all and remember next raceday is this sunday.
robwike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:57 PM   #5375
Tech Regular
 
kshreders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: pecker flats USA
Posts: 261
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Rules very but roar says stock traxxas servo as does Bumps and jumps
__________________
Fat Heads Air Designs,M2C Racing
kshreders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:58 PM   #5376
Tech Fanatic
 
robwike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 753
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Hi Aaron

Yes, we have a saturday race scheduled for the 29th of August. Can we expect you?
robwike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:26 PM   #5377
Tech Fanatic
 
robwike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 753
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Slash guys

Nathan, please give me a day to check into the servo deal.

RC Pro Slash rules allow aftermarket servos, radios and receivers.
Roar does not.
Chuck and Doug's rules never specified.

I will have an answer on Wednesday
robwike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:29 PM   #5378
Tech Master
 
Victory Side's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Richfield PA
Posts: 1,908
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Victory Side
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robwike View Post
Yes, we have a saturday race scheduled for the 29th of August. Can we expect you?
I hope so.
__________________
WWW.RICHFIELDRACEWAY.COM
"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." ~Albert Einstein
"Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.'
Victory Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:05 PM   #5379
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Altoona,PA.
Posts: 543
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshreders View Post
Rules very but roar says stock traxxas servo as does Bumps and jumps
That is one reason I have held on to my back up slash. The esc,servo,tires, are about the same price as if I would sell it. I believe that most Spec slash track rules keep a servo rule intact. In fact other than a few tracks most keep spec slash together and any modded slash,sc10 and the new losi strike are put in a mod/short course class. I dont see a problem with the sc10's servo but as stated before the slope can get slippery quick and what starts as open servo could go on and on. If it matters I am taking that traxxas servo out of my other truck to have a spare with me at Hobbyrama even though I got several better/other servo's laying around. Its all Rob's call but I would say keep the slash all traxxas stock. JMHO!

Last edited by PADIRTLMJUNKIE; 08-17-2009 at 11:59 PM.
PADIRTLMJUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:04 PM   #5380
Tech Master
 
Nighthawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cogan Station, PA.
Posts: 1,859
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default servo's

As all of you know,traxxas has yet to make a "good" servo,

I was talking about this very thing actuly with Brian and Brent at the track this weekend. i would lloovvveee to be able to stick a good servo in there that i dont have to worry about. but at the same time i can completly understand why most tracks reqwire the stock servo. cost to be competitive, (spec class) and we all know that a qwick, metal gear servo would be an advantage period. which would kinda take the "spec" out of it.

Now this brings up a ? I have,
Most of you that have been around traxxas servo's awhile know that the stock slash servo is the same as the traxxas 2070, same speed, same 120oz's of tq, same internals, just a blue case to signify the seals that keep it waterproof.
I have been running a 2070 in my slash since i've owned it basicly, as the blue one burned up. i have a couple extra 2070's, and see no reason at all why they cannot be used in the slash spec class.they tend to be roughly the same price, if not a dollar or 2 cheaper, the only difference would be a little "less" reliability, due to not being waterproof, which, if anything would be nothing but a DIS advantage.
Please voice your opion's on this as well. and if the majority of you feel i am wrong here, please let me know, and i will buy another blue one..

Thanx for your input

Isaac
__________________
WWW.TMRLARGESCALE.COM
Threshold Racing
WWW.RICHFIELDRACEWAY.COM
LCRC "the best offroad on the eastcoast."
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:10 PM   #5381
Tech Master
 
Nighthawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cogan Station, PA.
Posts: 1,859
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default .

Quote:
Originally Posted by robwike View Post
Hi everyone. Sorry for just now posting since we raced. I was really busy today.

Couple things.
1. I called Penelec today about permanent Electric. They are going to do a site visit to see what the cost would be. I will know in a few days.

2. I want to personally thank Brian and Kurt for ALL their help yesterday. You 2 guys are TOP NOTCH. I am checking on the best place to buy our calcium.

3. The race day turned out awesome. Way too HOT but awesome. One extreme to the other in 2 weeks.

I want to thank everyone for coming. Hopefully you all enjoyed the track layout. We will continue to improve the track surface. Most are aware of the rock removal that has happened and will continue to happen.

The triple rocks, tabletop is tricky but cool as well.

Shawna (sp?) racing was very cool. She did wonderful. She marshalled, pitted, and raced.

I really enjoyed meeting Brian, Kurt, Isaac, Shawna, Jared. All of you are welcome anytime at Altoona Raceway.

Just for reference. I know the responsible person is not a member but, There is to be NO Alcohol at the track. I have no problems with people wanting to drink but the track is not the place for it. The Caeser is cheap to join and would love to have you guys there after a race. One warning will be given, next time the person will be asked to leave. Let me repeat this, the responsible party WAS NOT a member, only a spectator.

One final thing before I go for the night. Keep the suggestions coming. I am very approachable, open-minded and able to accept constructive criticism. Let's face it, Altoona Raceway basically belongs to you, the racers. Once you guys are happy, I will be happy.

Good night all and remember next raceday is this sunday.
Again, the track layout is soooo much better then i've seen, and i'm not complaining by any means, i enjoyed myself at the track the other couple times i made it out.
the surface has come so far, so smooth so nice! great job!

And i beleave your track this weekend has managed to hook my wife on the slash class (yes you spelled it right lol "shawna") she realy enjoyed herself, and had a great time racing in that class for the 1st time ever, i have a new body on the way, which she is reqwesting pink paint on lol should be interesting! lol

Thanx Again

Isaac
__________________
WWW.TMRLARGESCALE.COM
Threshold Racing
WWW.RICHFIELDRACEWAY.COM
LCRC "the best offroad on the eastcoast."
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 05:42 PM   #5382
Tech Addict
 
NeverATiteLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gallitzin, PA
Posts: 580
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
As all of you know,traxxas has yet to make a "good" servo,

I was talking about this very thing actuly with Brian and Brent at the track this weekend. i would lloovvveee to be able to stick a good servo in there that i dont have to worry about. but at the same time i can completly understand why most tracks reqwire the stock servo. cost to be competitive, (spec class) and we all know that a qwick, metal gear servo would be an advantage period. which would kinda take the "spec" out of it.

Now this brings up a ? I have,
Most of you that have been around traxxas servo's awhile know that the stock slash servo is the same as the traxxas 2070, same speed, same 120oz's of tq, same internals, just a blue case to signify the seals that keep it waterproof.
I have been running a 2070 in my slash since i've owned it basicly, as the blue one burned up. i have a couple extra 2070's, and see no reason at all why they cannot be used in the slash spec class.they tend to be roughly the same price, if not a dollar or 2 cheaper, the only difference would be a little "less" reliability, due to not being waterproof, which, if anything would be nothing but a DIS advantage.
Please voice your opion's on this as well. and if the majority of you feel i am wrong here, please let me know, and i will buy another blue one..

Thanx for your input

Isaac
I have mixed emotions on this subject, simply because 1: ROAR requires the stock servo, and for that reason i am sticking to the stock one in case I attend a ROAR race, and also it must remain stock for hobbyrama on the 29th.

BUTTTT As i was browsing for some parts i noticed that traxxas sells a blue "case w/waterproof gasket" So i have no idea how anyone would ever know what some actually "stuffs" into that case.

My opinion stay blue!!
__________________
MBX6-ECO
The 4 most famous words in motor sports: SECURITY TO THE PITS!!!
NeverATiteLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:09 PM   #5383
Tech Fanatic
 
robwike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 753
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Slash servo

We are going to use the Stock Slash servos for our "SPEC" class.

I am more than willing to start a new class for mod'ed Slashs. If you guys build them, we will race them.

Some of you guys are aware of this. We are trying to put a mini series together that will include Richfield, Altoona and a few other tracks to compete in. Details are still in the works but will update you all as things come together.
robwike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:47 PM   #5384
Tech Elite
 
rallyebmx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,864
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

What time does racing start this Sunday, Aug 23? Hopefully not early.... I may be able to make it
rallyebmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 03:07 PM   #5385
Tech Master
 
Nighthawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cogan Station, PA.
Posts: 1,859
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by robwike View Post
We are going to use the Stock Slash servos for our "SPEC" class.

I am more than willing to start a new class for mod'ed Slashs. If you guys build them, we will race them.

Some of you guys are aware of this. We are trying to put a mini series together that will include Richfield, Altoona and a few other tracks to compete in. Details are still in the works but will update you all as things come together.
well i guess ill take my blue case, and put it on my 2070 so it's a stocker lol
__________________
WWW.TMRLARGESCALE.COM
Threshold Racing
WWW.RICHFIELDRACEWAY.COM
LCRC "the best offroad on the eastcoast."
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ALTOONA RACEWAY 1/10 SCALE ELECTRIC TROPHY RACE gixxerman Racing Forum 2 08-13-2008 03:17 PM
R/C Pilots Welsome at the Altoona Raceway - Altoona, PA Reznor88 RC Flight 0 01-14-2008 06:11 PM
SPECIAL EVENTS COMING AT THE ALTOONA RACEWAY - ALTOONA, PA Reznor88 Racing Forum 1 01-14-2008 06:10 PM
SPECIAL EVENTS COMING AT THE ALTOONA RACEWAY - ALTOONA, PA Reznor88 Electric On-Road 0 01-06-2008 05:27 PM
altoona raceway morris Racing Forum 0 05-26-2007 09:13 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:07 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net