Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default i 2nd that

Originally Posted by revoluv
Rob, I have sent a letter out to associated,losi,traxxas,ofna,mugen,jammin(ofna),os engines,odonell racing to see if they could either sell us at a discount price or donate the banners to us because I told them that we are the new owners of the Altoona Raceway and we would appreciate any help they could give us. I started cutting the hedges along the fence line but I realized that I was cutting vines of poison ivy without my shirt on (lol) so I stopped. We will have to get hand shears or a generater to run my pair of hedge clippers. As far as getting the girls involved rob, I think thats a great idea because my wife loves to run my 1/12th CRT.5 and my daughter also wants to race so I think thats a great idea.
same here, my wife likes to drive too, and she's not bad behind the wheel of the tmaxx,
she just doesnt want to get out there with us guys, and get beat lol
Old 08-13-2009, 07:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

just wanted to let you all know that i spoke with zach on the phone tonight.such a great feeling......ill be excited to get out there tomorrow and conversate with him...
Old 08-13-2009, 08:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Good deal!

Thats cool Matt! Glad he is on the mend!
Old 08-14-2009, 12:11 PM
Tech Regular

I should have a banner laying around somewhere from when I ran kyosho. It's not really big (maybe around 1'-6" x 6'-0") and was used to put across the top of an ez-up. I will give it to you if I can find it and ever make it out there again.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nighthawk
I'll be there with my Revo,slash,probably the truggy, and my pit crew wife. lol
She's done really well as your crew manager. In a few years she'll be filling the kids up too, then it'll get tricky

Have a great race day! I hope your truggy runs good. Did you get the new motor in and running?
Old 08-14-2009, 03:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Hello

Thank you Karo. That would be great.

Matt, that is great. He will come out of all this fine.

Aaron. Are you gonna make it down for sunday?

I have spent a great deal of time on some of the track surface. I have removed three wheelbarrows full of rock off the track. Some I even dug up that were the size of a shoebox. We are getting closer to having the track that all the racers are looking for. In the meantime, between races, things will be added, improved and corrected. So over the next three or four races, you will see or experience different things. I am going to race also on sunday. Things will be ready tomorrow, not like last race when I spent all morning removing rain.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Oh yea

Oh yea, by the way.

If you bring a new racer ( someone entirely new or someone who hasnt been to Altoona Raceway since I took over ) and they race. You will race one class for free.

Bring 2 fresh faces and both race, get a gift certificate to race twice for free.

And for you over-achievers. Bring 5 people and they all race. Next years membership dues will be waived.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Default hahaha

Originally Posted by Victory Side
She's done really well as your crew manager. In a few years she'll be filling the kids up too, then it'll get tricky

Have a great race day! I hope your truggy runs good. Did you get the new motor in and running?
yeah, someday we'll have our own kids.
yep, got the motor, sealed it and put it in last night, im not on call tomorrow so i will be spending some time getting it broke in, which reminds me, i need to get another gallon of fuel,, Rob, did you get any byrons 30% yet? or do i need to make a run to get some.
anyway, if i have time tomorrow, i may go ahead and break in the new rb too, but i probably wont have time to do both, and will just run the current engine in the revo on sunday.
cant wait!
And cant wait till next saturday! and wendsday too!
Old 08-14-2009, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

Default sweet

Originally Posted by robwike
Oh yea, by the way.

If you bring a new racer ( someone entirely new or someone who hasnt been to Altoona Raceway since I took over ) and they race. You will race one class for free.

Bring 2 fresh faces and both race, get a gift certificate to race twice for free.

And for you over-achievers. Bring 5 people and they all race. Next years membership dues will be waived.

so does that mean one of my hopefully 3 (other racers provided) classes will be free?
Old 08-14-2009, 08:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Free class

Yes, since you haven't been there since I took over. One class, if you run 2 or more, will be free.

The Byron's is on the way. We ordered it, but hasn't arrived yet. Track down your own fuel for this gallon. We will have the next time around. We tried our best to have it here in time. Working on the best deal from a supplier doesn't always go smoothly.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:25 PM
Tech Adept

hey gents did not have enet for some time will be bringing a new racer on sunday looking foreward to some good old fun
Old 08-15-2009, 04:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by robwike
Thank you Karo. That would be great.
OK, did find it but it's a little smaller than I thought...12"x48".
Old 08-15-2009, 01:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Track Change

Rob did a major track change today. The triple is back. The plywood table top is back. The track really flows.

I think most everybody is going to like it.

I know I'll be there about 10-11 tomrrow.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rob martin
I would make the drive out if i new for sure there would be a 4wd class. Any pics of the track?
Hey Rob, check your pm's and email!!!
Old 08-15-2009, 02:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ed237
Rob did a major track change today. The triple is back. The plywood table top is back. The track really flows.

I think most everybody is going to like it.

I know I'll be there about 10-11 tomrrow.
Wow Ed, 1000 posts = Tech Master!!!!

I always knew you were a master....................bator that is!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.