R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-06-2009, 05:38 AM   #5296
Tech Adept
 
jlharing99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Altoona
Posts: 116
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

This is the first time I have heard of the Logo Design Contest. I was not able to make it last weekend. Do you have any more info about it?
jlharing99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:24 PM   #5297
Tech Master
 
gixxerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlharing99 View Post
This is the first time I have heard of the Logo Design Contest. I was not able to make it last weekend. Do you have any more info about it?
Rob has the entry forms for the contest, basically draw up a Altoona Raceway logo with something rc! The logos will be placed on the thread and put on display at the track for voting. Winner gets a prize!!!
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:02 PM   #5298
Tech Addict
 
revoluv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 547
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking the track

Got a good bit of work done at the track today. Hoping the drain ditches that I dug work. That was a great practice rob. The buggy seems to be running good.Can't wait until sat...richland baby.....
revoluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:47 PM   #5299
Tech Fanatic
 
robwike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 753
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Logo design

Logo design for Altoona Raceway.

You guys will vote on the entries, winner to receive a T-shirt with the winning entry on it and a gallon of fuel or for you Slash guys, a motor for your Slash. Contest will run for a 10 days. You dont have to be the one that designs it, can be your child, wife, significant other or friend. Must include
" Altoona Raceway " and a buggy and Slash in the design. Entries will be posted on the forum without name of submitter. All you guys will vote on the winner. Voting will take place at the track. And winner will be announced here on the forum and at track. You can pm me and get my email address to send your entry to or can give it to me at the track.


Yes Jim, the practice was cool. I will eventually learn to drive this thing. Buggy is running awesome. Jumps and lands well, great acceleration. I am not race ready but Richfield will get a good laugh either way. LOL
robwike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:53 PM   #5300
Tech Master
 
Nighthawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cogan Station, PA.
Posts: 1,859
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default ? for you rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by robwike View Post
Logo design for Altoona Raceway.

You guys will vote on the entries, winner to receive a T-shirt with the winning entry on it and a gallon of fuel or for you Slash guys, a motor for your Slash. Contest will run for a 10 days. You dont have to be the one that designs it, can be your child, wife, significant other or friend. Must include
" Altoona Raceway " and a buggy and Slash in the design. Entries will be posted on the forum without name of submitter. All you guys will vote on the winner. Voting will take place at the track. And winner will be announced here on the forum and at track. You can pm me and get my email address to send your entry to or can give it to me at the track.


Yes Jim, the practice was cool. I will eventually learn to drive this thing. Buggy is running awesome. Jumps and lands well, great acceleration. I am not race ready but Richfield will get a good laugh either way. LOL
hey Rob, have a ? for you speaking of fuel.

are you, or will you be stocking fuel as the old owners did? byrons?
thanx

Isaac
__________________
WWW.TMRLARGESCALE.COM
Threshold Racing
WWW.RICHFIELDRACEWAY.COM
LCRC "the best offroad on the eastcoast."
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 05:44 AM   #5301
Tech Addict
 
revoluv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 547
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Red face fuel

Good question about the fuel. My name is Jim and I am robs friend and also I am coordinating some of the events and I help in keeping up on the track to make sure we have a nice,clean place to enjoy racing. As far as the fuel goes we want to here from you. What kind of fuel do you perfer and what percent of nitro. We want everyone that races at the track to tell us what they like and when its all said and done Rob and I will look at what fuel will dominate and go with that. We will atleast have it in stock for anyone who is a member at the track or attends races often.We really appreciate all the members that attend and look forward to signing on some new faces. Thanks for you participation and we look forward to hearing from you.
revoluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 05:48 AM   #5302
Tech Addict
 
revoluv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 547
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default fuel

I use mostly Dynamite Blue Thunder 20% nitro, so I will (within the next month) have it on hand for whoever uses it or needs it.
revoluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:42 AM   #5303
Tech Addict
 
NeverATiteLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gallitzin, PA
Posts: 580
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by revoluv View Post
Good question about the fuel. My name is Jim and I am robs friend and also I am coordinating some of the events and I help in keeping up on the track to make sure we have a nice,clean place to enjoy racing. As far as the fuel goes we want to here from you. What kind of fuel do you perfer and what percent of nitro. We want everyone that races at the track to tell us what they like and when its all said and done Rob and I will look at what fuel will dominate and go with that. We will atleast have it in stock for anyone who is a member at the track or attends races often.We really appreciate all the members that attend and look forward to signing on some new faces. Thanks for you participation and we look forward to hearing from you.
I use MaxAmps 6500mah 4c lipo hard case.....
__________________
MBX6-ECO
The 4 most famous words in motor sports: SECURITY TO THE PITS!!!
NeverATiteLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:55 AM   #5304
Tech Master
 
gixxerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by revoluv View Post
Good question about the fuel. My name is Jim and I am robs friend and also I am coordinating some of the events and I help in keeping up on the track to make sure we have a nice,clean place to enjoy racing. As far as the fuel goes we want to here from you. What kind of fuel do you perfer and what percent of nitro. We want everyone that races at the track to tell us what they like and when its all said and done Rob and I will look at what fuel will dominate and go with that. We will atleast have it in stock for anyone who is a member at the track or attends races often.We really appreciate all the members that attend and look forward to signing on some new faces. Thanks for you participation and we look forward to hearing from you.
Byrons 30% Race Blend or Losi 30% Nitrotane! Mostly all of us with 1/8th scales are using 30% Byrons
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:29 PM   #5305
Tech Master
 
Nighthawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cogan Station, PA.
Posts: 1,859
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerman View Post
Byrons 30% Race Blend or Losi 30% Nitrotane! Mostly all of us with 1/8th scales are using 30% Byrons

yeah, like Brad said, most guys run Byrons, including myself

Alot of guys also run S&W i have yet to try it.

both 30%, i think there may still be some guys running 20%, but not sure.

Isaac
__________________
WWW.TMRLARGESCALE.COM
Threshold Racing
WWW.RICHFIELDRACEWAY.COM
LCRC "the best offroad on the eastcoast."
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:30 PM   #5306
Tech Master
 
Nighthawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cogan Station, PA.
Posts: 1,859
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default hahahahahahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine View Post
I use MaxAmps 6500mah 4c lipo hard case.....


is'nt that metric for 50% byrons???? lol
__________________
WWW.TMRLARGESCALE.COM
Threshold Racing
WWW.RICHFIELDRACEWAY.COM
LCRC "the best offroad on the eastcoast."
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:09 PM   #5307
Tech Master
 
Ed237's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dudley PA
Posts: 1,431
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Bat Masterson?

Long time members of the Altoona Raceway will remember the legendary Bat Masterson. The man who coined the phrase "MMMMMMMM Carpet"

He's been MIA for the last 2 years and while I never caught him on the track, I was able to catch up with him to see what he's been doing.

He's got a new job, a new house, and is recently married. I know - its hard to belive, but apparently its true. And even better, he now has 'deep pockets' and is looking for a way to spend some of his free time and money.

I asked him if he would get back into off-raod we would get a 4wd Mod Buggy class going. Bat said he would have to think about it and that he really likes the new Kyosho.

Just another reason to get the 4wd Mod class going again.
__________________
Ed Toth

LCRC Raceway and Bumps & Jumps.
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:30 PM   #5308
Tech Master
 
gixxerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed237 View Post
Long time members of the Altoona Raceway will remember the legendary Bat Masterson. The man who coined the phrase "MMMMMMMM Carpet"

He's been MIA for the last 2 years and while I never caught him on the track, I was able to catch up with him to see what he's been doing.

He's got a new job, a new house, and is recently married. I know - its hard to belive, but apparently its true. And even better, he now has 'deep pockets' and is looking for a way to spend some of his free time and money.

I asked him if he would get back into off-raod we would get a 4wd Mod Buggy class going. Bat said he would have to think about it and that he really likes the new Kyosho.

Just another reason to get the 4wd Mod class going again.
Long live Bat Masterson!!!
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:41 PM   #5309
Tech Regular
 
KARO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerman View Post
Long live Bat Masterson!!!
Wasn't that some old TV show or movie? Hopefully I will make it out the week after next. I've been too busy lately.
KARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 05:05 PM   #5310
Tech Adept
 
brian roeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Bloomsburg, Pa
Posts: 223
Default

Hey Ed and Brad caint wait to hit up altoona and meet the new owner always had a blast racing there.

Ed nothing like 4wd maybe we can get this and truck back to altoona.
brian roeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ALTOONA RACEWAY 1/10 SCALE ELECTRIC TROPHY RACE gixxerman Racing Forum 2 08-13-2008 03:17 PM
R/C Pilots Welsome at the Altoona Raceway - Altoona, PA Reznor88 RC Flight 0 01-14-2008 06:11 PM
SPECIAL EVENTS COMING AT THE ALTOONA RACEWAY - ALTOONA, PA Reznor88 Racing Forum 1 01-14-2008 06:10 PM
SPECIAL EVENTS COMING AT THE ALTOONA RACEWAY - ALTOONA, PA Reznor88 Electric On-Road 0 01-06-2008 05:27 PM
altoona raceway morris Racing Forum 0 05-26-2007 09:13 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:50 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net