Tech Master

Originally Posted by morris
weird i didnt get no voice mails or anything...hhmmm
I do not leave voice mails. HMMMMMMMM
Old 07-31-2009, 06:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
From naked girls to Army issued- I will be deploying on Sunday to Altoona to crush the Mugen insurgents..........

:dea thstar:deathsta

Nice MUGEN Killer!
Old 07-31-2009, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jlharing99
Nice MUGEN Killer!
Hey.................watch your words.............don't forget I gotta tune your motor Sunday!!!! lmao!!!!!
Old 07-31-2009, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Wow, Nice paint job. Maybe Kermit was wrong about how easy it is (or is not) to be green.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Track

Hi all,

I am going to the track at 730 am on saturday. The rain the past few days have really made the track soaked. I have some things to do to get ready for Sunday. I will have a couple guys there to help me. If anyone is available and wants to lend a hand. Please feel free to stop by. Some painting to do, new driver stand floor is going down tomorrow. Track prep, water removal. Dirt sifting and rock picking. All help will be greatly appreciated and certainly not forgotten. If my helpers are there and I happen to be out, I will be back shortly, have a few raceday prep errands to run.

One thing for sure, Altoona has some of the friendliest, helpful racers in the hobby. Then if we have alittle bit of extra time, my buggy needs broken in. ( Hint ).

Also, for sunday. Do you guys think onions, mustard and ketsup is plenty of condiments for the hot dogs? Also, for soda selections: Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, and Mountain Dew?
Old 08-01-2009, 02:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

rob,
i would like to make the trip there and help out anyway that i can.i have to work today.and i have msc tomorrow.then im heading to allentown right after that.
food sounds great though...

i really would like to see altoona get back up on its feet again.so there will be some kick ass racing in the future.plus altoona really needs to get electric back in the mix.

ttyl,
matt
Old 08-01-2009, 11:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robwike
Hi all,

I am going to the track at 730 am on saturday. The rain the past few days have really made the track soaked. I have some things to do to get ready for Sunday. I will have a couple guys there to help me. If anyone is available and wants to lend a hand. Please feel free to stop by. Some painting to do, new driver stand floor is going down tomorrow. Track prep, water removal. Dirt sifting and rock picking. All help will be greatly appreciated and certainly not forgotten. If my helpers are there and I happen to be out, I will be back shortly, have a few raceday prep errands to run.

One thing for sure, Altoona has some of the friendliest, helpful racers in the hobby. Then if we have alittle bit of extra time, my buggy needs broken in. ( Hint ).

Also, for sunday. Do you guys think onions, mustard and ketsup is plenty of condiments for the hot dogs? Also, for soda selections: Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, and Mountain Dew?
Sounds good to me!! No need to get elaborate, we are racing, not running a buffet!!!
Old 08-01-2009, 12:21 PM
Tech Regular

Must go out of town tomorrow afternoon so I can't make it.
Old 08-01-2009, 05:40 PM
Tech Master

I was over at the track today. Things are looking pretty good over there. Rob has made some repairs to the drivers stand and gave it a fresh coat of paint and the track has been changed. It's very 1/10 scale and Slash friendly which I think is a good thing. I also expect the racing in 1/8 scale buggy to be very tight.

Although all the rain this week made it impossible for Rob to make all the improvements he wanted to, the track will be more than ready for the race on Sunday (So long as we dont have any more major downpours!)

I encourage everyone to come to track and check it out.
Old 08-01-2009, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine
Sounds good to me!! No need to get elaborate, we are racing, not running a buffet!!!
Speak for yourself, I weigh 255lbs and I didn't get that way from dieting! Rob, go as elaborate as your little heart desires, my stomach will be very appreciative!
Old 08-01-2009, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by KARO
Must go out of town tomorrow afternoon so I can't make it.
Sam, that sucks I was looking forward to seeing your 5b ripping around, and seeing Brady tear it up with your buggy! Hope to see you over here soon!!
Old 08-01-2009, 07:13 PM
Tech Adept

Default directions

never made it to the outdoor track before can i get some directions or a phisical address to find it all help would be great hey rob is the offer for the touring car tires still good
Old 08-01-2009, 07:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Altoona Raceway

Hello everyone.

Things are shaping up for an excellent raceday. Ed and I have a friendly little wager ( A soda ) going, on how many racers will be there. On Tuesday afternoon, the equipment was loaded and ready to come to the track. Unfortunately the rain made that impossible for Wednesday. Once we received the amount of rain we did, using big equipment would have did more harm than good. But, I think you all will be happy with some of the changes already made.
For those of you using house transponders, they will have a full charge for tomorrow. Please allow yourself extra time before the race to get the transponder. Please don't show up 5 mins before race time and request one. Timing shed will be open at 11:30am promptly. Racing will begin at 1:10, after a brief drivers meeting. Patience is requested for me and the computer system.
Make sure you bring all your normal vehicles. If we have three of a class we will run them. Remember it's only 15$ for first car and $10 for each one after that. Remember, being a cash race, the more entries the higher the payout. Along with your vehicles, bring your appetite. $3.50 will get you 2 hot dogs, bag of chips and a drink. All proceeds will be put into a petty cash fund for upgrades to the track and our first order of t-shirts.
About the t-shirts, I would like to do this. I want to run a contest. Logo design for Altoona Raceway. You guys will vote on the entries, winner to receive a T-shirt with the winning entry on it and a gallon of fuel or for you electric guys, something for your vehicle the same value as the fuel. Contest will run for a 10 days. You dont have to be the one that designs it, can be your child, wife, significant other or friend. Entries will be posted on the forum without name of submitter. All you guys will vote on the winner. Voting will last for 3 days. And announced here on the forum.
A few racers have suggested a 50/50 drawing for tomorrow. Those proceeds as well, will be put back into the track.
I will be arriving at the track quite early, probably as early as 7:00am. Feel free to arrive as early as you would like.
Bring friends, family, neighbors or anyone you like. Altoona Raceway will be a family enviroment. The more people exposed to the hobby, the more potential future racers.
I wish everyone a safe trip and Good Luck on the track tomorrow.

See you all at the Track.

Rob
Old 08-01-2009, 07:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Audio

Hi audio, yes the offer for the tires still stands.
Google this address:

3909 Beale Ave, Altoona PA 16602

If you have trouble finding us, call my cell (pmed you my cell number.)

See ya tomorrow.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

I think you'll be comming in on 36 north bound. Just take RT 36 / Logan Blvd north go through Hollidaysburg. Rt 36 and Logan Blvd are the same road until Fiori Buick. At Fiori Buick Logan Blvd and Rt 36 split. STAY ON LOGAN Blvd (Do not bear right onto Plank Rd) go straight accross Plank Rd.

Get into the left lane. Follow for a mile or two until you see the Sheetz on the left. Make a left turn at the Sheetz onto Beal Ave and follow about a mile. You'll see a white building with a sign for the Batisti Club / Bar on the left. Pull into the Batiste parking lot and you are there.

The physical address to the off-raod track is:

3909 Beale Ave., Altoona, PA 16602.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.