Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM >

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Old 07-16-2009, 05:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PADIRTLMJUNKIE
Thanks Isaac! I will be a definate for stock Slash action next week. I dont have many Sat. to race and Im free to roll on up there next week. I would think Brent and I will be together since we had been leaning toward Richfield next week anyway!!!!!! Thanks for the info bro!
Richfield here we come (july 25th)
Old 07-16-2009, 01:19 PM
Tech Rookie

After visiting the Altoona Raceway Forum, I was a little shocked at the things I read. You want attendance at this track and yet you are not publicly promoting this track but just the opposite. I would have thought that you would be looking for answers here and not badgering the track.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hard Racn
After visiting the Altoona Raceway Forum, I was a little shocked at the things I read. You want attendance at this track and yet you are not publicly promoting this track but just the opposite. I would have thought that you would be looking for answers here and not badgering the track.
Isnt that what internet forums are for?-drama Racing in Altoona is always super competitive and people just want the best for it I guess-racers and owners both

Last edited by rallyebmx; 07-17-2009 at 10:07 AM.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:20 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Hard Racn
How does that old quote go? "No use beating a dead horse" or something like that.....there are 300 and some odd pages of support for the track on here. But like anything else people will only support something that is not well maintained and/or organized for so long before they will move on to something else that will better suites their needs
Old 07-17-2009, 05:50 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

is anyone running slash this sunday
Old 07-17-2009, 08:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Altoona Raceway

Hi everyone, it's Rob. what's up with the website? Also, is there a race sunday?

If it's a rent and running it issue, I am interested in taking it over. I would call Chuch and ask where the track stands right now. But his number is on the site, which is down.

While I'm at it, anyone got any engines lying around? I'm in the market for one.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sometimes this forum sucks. Lighten up Brent. So now it's just 1/8 buggy and roll call anything else. Bring an AC inverter. Chuck and Doug aren't perfect, but they've taken suggestions.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by maya butreax
Sometimes this forum sucks. Lighten up Brent. So now it's just 1/8 buggy and roll call anything else. Bring an AC inverter. Chuck and Doug aren't perfect, but they've taken suggestions.
I aggree Matt, it is what it is!
Old 07-18-2009, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

A blurb from Neobuggy about the ROAR Nationals: "Also, the lack of Pro-Line runners in the top nine; as the Losi team have opted for eclipse tyres."

Just like we do it in Toona

Last edited by rallyebmx; 07-18-2009 at 05:10 PM.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
A blurb from Neobuggy about the ROAR Nationals: "Also, the lack of Pro-Line runners in the top nine; as the Losi team have opted for eclipse tyres."

Just like we do it in Toona
I read about that, your the first person that came to mind!!!!! Gotta love the GLUED Eclipse's!!!!

We should all pile up in Fast Ed's mini van, roll down there and show them guys how to drive! Although I don't know how a "stacked" Central Pa a-main would go over with all the pro's!!!!!
Old 07-18-2009, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gixxerman
I read about that, your the first person that came to mind!!!!! Gotta love the GLUED Eclipse's!!!!

We should all pile up in Fast Ed's mini van, roll down there and show them guys how to drive! Although I don't know how a "stacked" Central Pa a-main would go over with all the pro's!!!!!
I could hear it now:

Cavalleri to Maifield: "Who the hell are those guys?"

Maifield: "I don't know, but the big one with camo pants threatened to stick my car up my a$$ if I looked their way again!"

LMFAO!!!!!!!
Old 07-18-2009, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gixxerman
I could hear it now:

Cavalleri to Maifield: "Who the hell are those guys?"

Maifield: "I don't know, but the big one with camo pants threatened to stick my car up my a$$ if I looked their way again!"

LMFAO!!!!!!!
I like it. I wonder how many blow offs they've had
Old 07-18-2009, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
I like it. I wonder how many blow offs they've had
I would venture to say none! They probably 1 and done the tires! Plus they have "people" to take care of the tire gluing! They smile for pictures and listen for their name!!!!!
Old 07-19-2009, 12:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I appologize for being bummed about the low turn out and not helping the situation any by publicly stating that. I got spoiled racing our off weeks with driver count and that has me frustrated at the fact one doesnt know for sure if anyone will show up for my class. I would like things to take off again and not sure how to help that, but bumming about it on here is not the way to do it, For that Im sorry............................................. ............Brian
Old 07-20-2009, 05:36 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by maya butreax
I was in no WAY SHAPE OR FORM, saying that I would not SUPPORT TRS, I was just stating what I hear over and over and over in the pits, that no one else wants to post.

The main reason for doing roll call is simply because of the low turn out at the track this past summer. 1/8th dosent need a roll call, I have never seen a day (when enough people do show up to race) that didnt have enough scales to run, on the other hand the other classes seem to fade in and out. i Like the roll call for several reasons, 1. If there is not gonna anyone there to race against, you can go elsewhere 2. Prepping, your equipment, loading, un-loading, setting up, practicing (getting the cars all dirty again), only to find out that you gotta pack up and go home cause no one showed up to race with is just no fun.

I do agree that we need to do SOMETHING to get the people to come back out and race, but I am out of ideas on how/what to do to get them to come out.....any ideas anyone???

Last edited by NeverATiteLine; 07-20-2009 at 08:21 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.