R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 07-09-2009, 06:56 PM   #5116
Tech Adept

Matt, sorry to hear about Zach if there is anything i can do just call. Ginger and wish you and your family and Zach the best.
brian roeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:15 PM   #5117
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Matt

Just wanted to wish prayers on you and your family. Keep us posted.
robwike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 06:31 PM   #5118
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (99%+)

hi guys im thinking about coming down in the 19th with my sc10 and was wondering if u have a class for them or would i have 2 run with the slashes

i dont care im just lookin to get out and race somewear
Alex "ACE" Kubilus
ACE design works
RaceAce701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 07:04 PM   #5119
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceAce701 View Post
hi guys im thinking about coming down in the 19th with my sc10 and was wondering if u have a class for them or would i have 2 run with the slashes

i dont care im just lookin to get out and race somewear
Hey Alex, good to hear from ya! Unfortunatley the Slash class has been hit-or-miss as of late, but well do a roll call for the 19th and hopefully get some guys to come out!

Roll Call: who's in for Slash next weekend?
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:48 PM   #5120
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyebmx View Post
Correct, anywhere for off road...Mcccccoulllghoughs, toona, richfield, drums, etc.!
Hey guys try a track in eastern ohio www.medinarcraceway.com for the knowledge you seek in their results.......... Sorry to call you on it ED but I seen a fish out of water.

Last edited by gdux; 07-10-2009 at 08:53 PM. Reason: results
gdux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:45 PM   #5121
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Ahhh, good lookin out gdux-his retirement was short lived!
rallyebmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 06:13 PM   #5122
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerman View Post
Hey Alex, good to hear from ya! Unfortunatley the Slash class has been hit-or-miss as of late, but well do a roll call for the 19th and hopefully get some guys to come out!

Roll Call: who's in for Slash next weekend?
Brad, hate to sound like a d*ck here but the everything in altoona is hit-or-miss not just the slashes. I'll go as far as to say the OWNERS are hit-or-miss....showing up to run a race less then a 1/2 hour before it starts is just not what I consider enough time, contrary to what the ppl in altoona seem to think, guys that run electric cars do need electricity to charge batterys, and some ppl would like to go run a few practice packs before the race actually starts. That is kinda hard to do when there is no timing system up and running and no power to recharge packs. Got to take into consideration that not everyone has multiple batterys that can be chared the night before, and anything less then 30 mins is not enuff time to re-charge a pack (typically) With that being said, I am lucky enough to have more then 1 battery so i MIGHT be in for next week, no promises. Headed to garlands tomorrow and I just might start going there when I get the bug to race.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:04 PM   #5123
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'm busted!

Quote:
Sorry to call you on it ED but I seen a fish out of water.
GDux, I've been trying to get to as many tracks as I can that are with in driving distance. I cant say I am any faster for it, but, I feel like I can get going with a lot less practice.

We tried Richfields today and had a lot of fun. We're talking about trying G's Raceway and I need to get back to McCulloughs again this summer. And I'll be back at TRS soon.

So many tracks and so little time.

LCRC Raceway and Bumps & Jumps.
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:04 PM   #5124
Tech Regular

It will make a huge difference, beneficially, by going to different tracks. You are forced to adapt your driving and car setup to accomodate what you need. Racing on the same track all the time gets boring... Since the cat's out of the bag I hope to see you on a track soon

BTW does Medina still have the monsterous Talladega berm turn? I was there a few weeks ago for rd.1 of the Ohio State series and it was a blast except Ryan Lutz was there... WOW...
Old 07-12-2009, 04:42 PM   #5125
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

As of 3 weeks ago the berm was still there at Medina and it was amazing. I have never been able to blast through a turn at nearly top speed with almost wide open throttle like that.

And that off camber turn just before the bern was cool too.

If anyone gets the chance, they should check it out.

LCRC Raceway and Bumps & Jumps.
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:52 PM   #5126
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine View Post
Brad, hate to sound like a d*ck here but the everything in altoona is hit-or-miss not just the slashes. I'll go as far as to say the OWNERS are hit-or-miss....showing up to run a race less then a 1/2 hour before it starts is just not what I consider enough time, contrary to what the ppl in altoona seem to think, guys that run electric cars do need electricity to charge batterys, and some ppl would like to go run a few practice packs before the race actually starts. That is kinda hard to do when there is no timing system up and running and no power to recharge packs. Got to take into consideration that not everyone has multiple batterys that can be chared the night before, and anything less then 30 mins is not enuff time to re-charge a pack (typically) With that being said, I am lucky enough to have more then 1 battery so i MIGHT be in for next week, no promises. Headed to garlands tomorrow and I just might start going there when I get the bug to race.
I in know way was or am pointing the finger at the Slah class or the persons who run them. Just stating the obvious for the question that was aked. I would hate to see Alex or anyone drive a distance to find out there would be no one there to race the class he was running. We have had a field of 1/8th scale buggies the past 2 weeks.

Also I'm glad to see that you musterd up enough balls to publicly state how you feel about TRS and it's dynamics.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:37 PM   #5127
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed237 View Post
As of 3 weeks ago the berm was still there at Medina and it was amazing. I have never been able to blast through a turn at nearly top speed with almost wide open throttle like that.

And that off camber turn just before the bern was cool too.

If anyone gets the chance, they should check it out.
That "Talladega turn- into the straight that's- diagonally down the center of the track at WOT"... is worth the drive to OH I'm going to see if I can find a picture of it... Can you imagine Lutz doing 31-32 second consistant laps on it
Old 07-13-2009, 05:46 PM   #5128
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdux View Post
It will make a huge difference, beneficially, by going to different tracks. You are forced to adapt your driving and car setup to accomodate what you need. Racing on the same track all the time gets boring... Since the cat's out of the bag I hope to see you on a track soon

BTW does Medina still have the monsterous Talladega berm turn? I was there a few weeks ago for rd.1 of the Ohio State series and it was a blast except Ryan Lutz was there... WOW...
Very well put! I'm in the process of finding that out know! Also meeting/mixing it up with other people your not used to racing with greatly attributes to improved driving and set-up knowledge! I have learned so much this year and (I think) have improved drastically from past years! Again very well put!
Old 07-14-2009, 12:16 AM   #5129
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Sunday?

Who is in? Are we still racing???? Roll call for Slash....If there is interest please say so or not so I can plan to race Altoona or elsewhere....Thanks...
PADIRTLMJUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 04:54 AM   #5130
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerman View Post
Very well put! I'm in the process of finding that out know! Also meeting/mixing it up with other people your not used to racing with greatly attributes to improved driving and set-up knowledge! I have learned so much this year and (I think) have improved drastically from past years! Again very well put!
I would like to run somewhere this weekend. I've only been able to race a few times this year. I keep getting worse and worse.
KARO is offline   Reply With Quote