Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default so howd it go?

weather was nice, wish i coulda been there, but was on call and busy at that.
anyway, how'd it go? who all went and who brought the heat!? lol

anyone going to drums next weekend? 30% chance of a few showers (great drums track weather) lol and are you guys running at altoona saturday? thinking of possibly pullin a double!
Old 05-17-2009, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

We all owe a big thanks to Brian/PADIRTLMJUNKIE and Brent's friend Travis for getting the track broomed off and ready for racing today. It would have been a long day if they didnt do what they did when they did it.

Morris was rock solid en route to winning the 1/8 scale main. I dont think his car ever required marshalled once. I tried to put some pressure on and turned some fast laps, but, it wasnt that close.

I think the next time we see Stober, he will be driving the X2!

I'm not sure who is racing where next weekend. Its the Memorial day weekend and some of the usual suspects are going to be out of town.

Last edited by Ed237; 05-17-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ed237
We all owe a big thanks to Brian/PADIRTLMJUNKIE and Brent's friend Travis for getting the track broomed off and ready for racing today. It would have been a long day if they didnt do what they did when they did it.

Morris was rock solid en route to winning the 1/8 scale main. I dont think his car ever required marshalled once. I tried to put some pressure on and turned some fast laps, but, it wasnt that close.

I'm not sure who is racing where next weekend. Its the Memorial day weekend and some of the usual suspects are going to be out of town.
ed,
yea my car was good and i did drive smooth in the a.
you were really impressive yourself.i meen last week you was in the b and bumped it up to the a to where you fnished right behind me there.and this week took tq right from the get go.im glad i made the decision to purchase new tires for the second round.1st round i ran 13 in 615.second round i ran 13 in 601.i did have a wreck in the second round that prolly costed mealmost 3 seconds.so i think i might of had a 14 lap run there....

congrats man.....

and stober is fast as shhhhh to.we practiced after the day was over and he was yanking me hard.

we drove each others buggies to find out we like a totally different feeling car.and to also find out that his 12 gallon picco has more snot than my rb does.

i didnt have it to good even after stober left.we was the only ones there and my youngest son jacob took a spill on his bike and busted his chin wide open.and not knowing the area i called to call 911 to locate the nearest hospital...man i so thought he was going to need stiches...but they glued the wound back together and that was that.its 1120 pm and i gots to go to bed.430 am comes quick.

again i had a great day at altoona and im always looking forward to coming back and racing there again.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gixxerman
Yes, he owns Blizzard Graphics, and yes he does stickers. Yes, you would have a better chance of meeting God himself than getting ahold of him or getting stickers made!
apparently GOD was in the area......
Old 05-18-2009, 01:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Thanks Ed! The people that got to the track round 1:30 or 2:00 have no idea how bad the track was. The front stretch had a 10x5 3in lake on it and every turn except at the ends of the "strait" hade a huge puddle laying on it. I laughed at Stober saying the track was looking like a pile of dog poop at 1:30, should have seen it at 12:00!lol Thanks to Travis{NEW GUY] for the hand with brooming water and cutting a drain on the front.Also thanks to Travis [Blizzard] for getting his buggy a mess trying to groove in the track. If he had not been the sacraficial lamb we would have been there till dark,no one wanted to be first!lmao! Congrats to J.D on the Slash win and Morris looked smooth as butter!!!!!!!!!!! Glad we got the race in as it looked like we had a good day to me.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:54 PM
Tech Adept

Track looked great, good work guys!!
Old 05-18-2009, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

yeah thanks for making the track drivable! I discovered some more problems in my drive train that I've been unknowingly dealing with for the past few weeks. 18 full gallons through that bee atch and wierd stuff starts to go wrong I'll be back strong with a fresh new car in a couple weeks. No rc this weekend
Old 05-19-2009, 09:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jlharing99
Track looked great, good work guys!!
Joe, thanks for marshalling all day. Why no racing?
Old 05-19-2009, 01:53 PM
Tech Adept

No problem.

Wasn't planning on staying but ended up I could have raced.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:58 PM
Tech Adept

Angry Help!!!!

Ok, I am trying to get the flywheel installed for my buggy and can't seem to get the nut on tight enough. Everytime is try to start it the nut comes loose and then the flywheel just spins. Is there some kind of trick to get it tight enought so that it does not just come loose and just spin and actualy turn the engine over and give it a chace to start.

At least I got my servos installed...New DS1313 for Steering and use Airtronics high speed for throtle.

It's getting close!!!!!
Old 05-19-2009, 06:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jlharing99
Ok, I am trying to get the flywheel installed for my buggy and can't seem to get the nut on tight enough. Everytime is try to start it the nut comes loose and then the flywheel just spins. Is there some kind of trick to get it tight enought so that it does not just come loose and just spin and actualy turn the engine over and give it a chace to start.

At least I got my servos installed...New DS1313 for Steering and use Airtronics high speed for throtle.

It's getting close!!!!!
joe,
did ya space everything out like tom said....we usually put some locktite on ours...well i do mine...the blue stuff....lmk if this works...
Old 05-19-2009, 06:14 PM
Tech Adept

Yea, everything seemed to be turning nicely no binding. I'll try some loctite, do you NEED to use a crankshaft tool to get it tight enough?
Old 05-19-2009, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Joe - If the piston turning over inside the engine and preventing you from tightening the flywheel, you need to use a locking tool like this one:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKTM7&P=7

All you do is remove the glo plug, screw in the tool and it keeps the piston from moving. I have one, but, I'm not sure when the next time I'm going to be at the track.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default ,

Joe - If the piston turning over inside the engine and preventing you from tightening the flywheel, you need to use a locking tool like this one:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKTM7&P=7

All you do is remove the glo plug, screw in the tool and it keeps the piston from moving. I have one, but, I'm not sure when the next time I'm going to be at the track.

i have one and will be at the track saturday if you need it.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:03 PM
Tech Adept

Got my flywheel and clutch on and got the motor running. Boy does that baby sound sweet. Just have to get my battery and electronics hooked up and everything hooked to the servos. I may need a little assistance on that part. I will not be able to make it this week but will be ready to go the race after that. Have a nice weekend all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.